Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Port v Bombers Fri April 5th 8:10pm AEDT (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Give Ken and extension

Sack Brad he is a bigger spud now than when he coached North

Stringer is taking the piss out of the bombers

Draper & Goldstein couldnt beat Richmonds VFL Ruckman

The real Parish has returned - Welcome back Ellen

Bombers - NO FINALS

Surprised Port fans are very quiet about "umpire bias" this week, losing the free kick count by 11, whereas last week it was basically even 24-25 and Port lost and it was all the umpires fault apparently.

Thought JHF hype was over the top but tonight showed he can play elite level.
Though I doubt a genuine side would.let him waltz out of the centre like that on repeated occasion
Maybe. This was his second game, in his first season in which he had a preseason. And he's 20, So, even if he can't he's got a bit of time to learn :D

The edge …
Possibly a very cunning plot from Brad.
He knows the dons have been the softest club in the league for years.
So he invents this laughable “edge” rubbish knowing that the players will throw in the towel as usual as soon as they are challenged.
He now has the ticket to burn the change rooms to the ground and start again.
But there’s one thing he’s overlooked.

IMG_1574.jpeg

The one and only club immortal is still in the building, on the board and calling the shots behind the scenes.
Good luck Brad … sleep tight …

IMG_0792.jpeg

Footy goes in cycles / pendulums. Right now, I'm waiting for just one coach to rediscover the 'tagger'. Then everyone will follow suit a year later.

But I fear Essendon are going nowhere. You can tell by whom supporters name as the player they were missing out there that would have made a difference. When you're claiming, "But we didn't have Peter Wright", you're probably not a serious contender.

(and I've been stunned at the lack of media ridicule for the "Essendon Edge")

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 absolutely crap games today yet i keep hearing the competition is so even???

Yeah nah!
It is amongst the top 8 teams. Port are in that group, Essendon aren't. The fact that Sydney won that game against Essendon by 5 goals despite being outplayed for a lot of it told you that Essendon weren't a top 8 side.

that doesnt say much for us!!
That win covered up a few cracks for St. Kilda. Collingwood had 2 x 10 minute passages where the turned up and kicked about 9 goals. Collingwood were terrible for most of the night, St. Kilda had quite a few 50/50 umpiring calls go their way, Collingwood had a few 50/50 frees for similar acts not get paid. St. Kilda played extremely well and were the better team on the night, but there were still concerns.

If you looked back through the last 20 years you'd see quite a few years where the eventual premier lost to an also ran team that didn't make finals. Collingwood vs Hawthorn last year without even looking. At this early stage I'd be less surprised by Collingwood going back to back than St. Kilda making it past the first week of finals. I actually had St. Kilda as my team that slips out the 8 at the start of the season. I think at least 1 of Collingwood and Brisbane play finals, probably both.

Surprised Port fans are very quiet about "umpire bias" this week, losing the free kick count by 11, whereas last week it was basically even 24-25 and Port lost and it was all the umpires fault apparently.
Maybe that's because all the free kicks were fair and reasonable last night whereas the umpires last week made some very poor calls last week as backed up by numerous media commentators. Yes, I was at both games and have seen the replays.

Maybe that's because all the free kicks were fair and reasonable last night whereas the umpires last week made some very poor calls last week as backed up by numerous media commentators. Yes, I was at both games and have seen the replays.
Biggest difference I noticed in both games yesterday is umpires seemed more inclined on the whole to put the whistle away and only pay the obvious free kicks. Made both games more enjoyable to watch as a neutral. Then again, I'm probably a bit of a dinosaur in believing that a high tackle / high contact should never be paid for glancing contact or those that slip high. Easiest and most effective (short of banning tackling) way to make the game safer is to remove as much of the incentive as possible to exaggerate or draw contact.

I was thinking the same. They had 7-8 players attack Sicily, but not one went anywhere near Rozee.
Sicily also has a reputation as a hothead that can lose it. Suspect that has more to do with it. Give 1 free to Sicily, get 5 in return and take away one of Hawthorn's most important players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 4 - Port v Bombers Fri April 5th 8:10pm AEDT (AO)

Back