Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 83 30.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 89 32.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m amazed there are hawks and dogs fans on here stating they’ll win easily. It feels like you might not have watched much footy recently, because they’re clearly the top two form teams and as such should be given some recognition for that.

I hope my team wins. I think they will. But I also think the Hawks look great and would not be surprised if they beat the dogs and went deep in September.

I’m amazed there are hawks and dogs fans on here stating they’ll win easily. It feels like you might not have watched much footy recently, because they’re clearly the top two form teams and as such should be given some recognition for that.

I hope my team wins. I think they will. But I also think the Hawks look great and would not be surprised if they beat the dogs and went deep in September.

It's bigfooty. Gotta give the people something to sook about.

Hawks beating a Collingwood team on its knees and the disgrace known as Norf in the wet proves nothing. There is a reason we are favourite, should win by 3-4 goals.
The Dogs have hardly set the world on fire since the Geelong & Swans back to back wins, it’s a pretty even contest on paper and form for either side is equally as good.

I’m surprised you have time to post in this thread, you seem to spend all your time lurking on our board and running back your mini little club board to tell everyone what is being said.

Make sure you find time for your year 10 homework as well young fella.

The Dogs have hardly set the world on fire since the Geelong & Swans back to back wins, it’s a pretty even contest on paper and form for either side is equally as good.

I’m surprised you have time to post in this thread, you seem to spend all your time lurking on our board and running back your mini little club board to tell everyone what is being said.

Make sure you find time for your year 10 homework as well young fella.
Part of the fun of it all, great way to gauge how opposing fans are feeling and the Hawks fans by in large are extremely confident. I personally think there a legit holes in that confidence but my opinion carries zero weight at the end of the day.

Part of the fun of it all, great way to gauge how opposing fans are feeling and the Hawks fans by and large are extremely confident. I personally think there a legit holes in that confidence but my opinion carries zero weight at the end of the day.
Love to hear why there’s holes in your view?
Both clubs have same points, not a big gulf in percentage and both have massive strengths that can exploit the opposition in areas.
Hawthorn have also beaten you the last two occasions albeit in close games.

Game is genuinely a coin toss and Dogs fans come across like it’s an insult to even put Hawthorn in the same category as their team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of the fun of it all, great way to gauge how opposing fans are feeling and the Hawks fans by in large are extremely confident. I personally think there a legit holes in that confidence but my opinion carries zero weight at the end of the day.
I think you guys have been a bit insecure. We are confident, yes, but I wouldn't say we're extremely confident. Most view the Bulldogs as the biggest challenge out of all the finals contenders. Both sides have good reason to be confident.

H2H record in Finals:
  • Grand Final (1961) = Hawthorn 94-51 Footscray
  • Qualifying Final (1985) = Footscray 62-155 Hawthorn
  • Preliminary Final (1985) = Footscray 99-109 Hawthorn
  • Qualifying Final (2008) = Hawthorn 127-76 Western Bulldogs
  • Semi Final (2016) = Hawthorn 84-107 Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn leads the H2H record 4-1.
None of which has anything to do with this week's game.

The only game that some of the players this week played in is the 2016 final

Are supporters more nervous about this game than usual for a team that finishes 6th or 7th because this season they are chance to go all the way.
I think that's a good call.
It's a shame that neither of you finished 5th as Carlton are absolutely there for the taking.

And given one of you will lose, the losing supporters will only have themselves to blame for their first 2 month and hence costing themselves a top 4 spot.

As good as Hawthorn have been since round 8 or so, they still had a disgraceful start to the year, and shouldn't be forgotten if they lose this weekend.

Are supporters more nervous about this game than usual for a team that finishes 6th or 7th because this season they are chance to go all the way.
Not nervous at all at this stage, just don't want to be smashed. As much as it is a final to come from 0-5 I'm just enjoying being back in finals.

Come Friday that will probably be different and will be very annoyed if we lose and shameless if we win

H2H record in Finals:
  • Grand Final (1961) = Hawthorn 94-51 Footscray
  • Qualifying Final (1985) = Footscray 62-155 Hawthorn
  • Preliminary Final (1985) = Footscray 99-109 Hawthorn
  • Qualifying Final (2008) = Hawthorn 127-76 Western Bulldogs
  • Semi Final (2016) = Hawthorn 84-107 Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn leads the H2H record 4-1.

Not much of a VFA/AFL finals heritage between these two clubs. I'd go out on a limb and say they most likely played more finals against each other in the VFA pre 1925.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Back