Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 83 30.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 89 32.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The rain has been pretty unremarkable where I am. A little bit more than drizzle but not significant, can't hear it hit the roof.

Amazingly, if we get the 95k (ish) crowd some suggest it means that 3 of the 5 biggest crowds we've ever played in front of were Dogs vs Hawks games

Thinking the rematch will figure highly next year. Maybe gather round?
Hopefully we get a classic tonight and we get regular prime-time fixtures for the next few years

I don't normally look forward to games, but I am looking forward to this one particularly because it's at the MCG. Think the hawks continue on their merry way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would assume the other 2 are the 1954 and 2016 Grand Finals?
Yup - 1961 is still our biggest crowd though, no OH&S in those days: 107,935

Hopefully we get a classic tonight and we get regular prime-time fixtures for the next few years
Hate to break it to you but it is Hawks supporters selling this out not Dogs fans!

One player I will be paying close attention to is Aaron Naughton. Have often said he gets more credit for "almost marks" more than any other player in the comp. Naturally Bulldogs fans lose their minds and claim I'm only saying it because of a semi final loss 3 years ago. But doesn't the impact that Darcy and JUH have had this year suggest that Naughton was never as good as advertised?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Back