Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 83 30.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 89 32.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You're a turnip.
Take a look at Collingwood mate. If you’re going to win it you better make sure it’s this year because you’ll follow a very similar path.

Not many quality players and getting by on hype. That eventually runs out and the real shit starts.

I'd rather be a fraud with a premiership than a fraud that has been building and rebuilding for more than two decades, be 2nd favourites for the flag two thirds of the way through the season, and sneak into the finals in 8th spot courtesy of double up games against the worst two teams in the comp, only to get belted by Brisbane in an Elimination Final....

Yes - we are travelling relatively well with half the team out and playing finals while you sit on your couch watching.

On your couch.

Take a look at Collingwood mate. If you’re going to win it you better make sure it’s this year because you’ll follow a very similar path.

Not many quality players and getting by on hype. That eventually runs out and the real shit starts.
Biggest turnip on bigfooty.

Well will Hawthorn have this amount of luck and healthy list next season ? If not then strike while the iron is hot because with few key injjuries I do rate your list in the lower edges of the competition but taking nothing away of beating the hapless Bulldogs but they are good as finished and need to rebuild.

Do lists remain stagnant?
Already hawks have 2 players committing to the club which builds depth.

Let's not forget that our full back did his knee preseason. A young side losing its key post but having someone like frost there isn't bad depth.

mitch Lewis being injured all year, Who would've thought that calsher dear would've been a reliable tall forward this year. Not bad depth.

List doesn't bat "deep," but it definitely isn't just the 23 selected

I'm all good mate. You guys smashed us. Credit where credit is due. Smashed us in the mids and your pressure was immense. I honestly hope you win it

I didn’t see this coming without Day. I thought we’d compete but not like this.

I like the Dogs too, going to be fun to watch for a while with the young talls up forward.

Do lists remain stagnant?
Already hawks have 2 players committing to the club which builds depth.

Let's not forget that our full back did his knee preseason. A young side losing its key post but having someone like frost there isn't bad depth.

mitch Lewis being injured all year, Who would've thought that calsher dear would've been a reliable tall forward this year. Not bad depth.

List doesn't bat "deep," but it definitely isn't just the 23 selected

It does tally up cohesion when same players front up week in and week out.

In finals healthiest lists win and Hawks are striking when the iron is hot but lets not go over the top in stating best team in the competition with such a mediocre list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if you think Geelong are a 14 goal better team than Port in Adelaide then what can one say - fairytales comes to mind and some other stuff.

Geelong will not win the Prelim - bookmark it.
fairytales?

I guess we all imagined Cats beating Port by 80 points in Adelaide just last night

I didn’t see this coming without Day. I thought we’d compete but not like this.

I like the Dogs too, going to be fun to watch for a while with the young talls up forward.
You blokes are my second favourite team. Hoping you can repeat it against Port. I quite enjoy watching their fans go into meltdown

Highest attendances for non-big 4 teams in vic

If was a great crowd. Given the lack of Victorian games I would assume all the AFL members and MCC members would have been keen to get their access to some finals footy as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Back