Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 83 30.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 89 32.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a Hawthorn thread.

It's a weird place to throw a tantrum about Geelong and Collingwood, among other things.

Post your terrible Hawthorn opinion, give your terrible explanations, and then people can pick them apart.
The world is back to where it should be.

Hawthorn & Geelong at the top of the tree and oppo supporters are losing their shit.

Game is right back where it belongs. James Colorado respect & friendship battles for years to come 🥰

It's a brave man who so confidently predicts outcomes this year. Meanwhile, I've been wondering for the past couple of weeks how it is that Port finished 2nd. I didn't rate them. That said, who knows what they'll dish up next Friday night. On form and other factors, Hawks should be favourites but perhaps Port will achieve a rare feat and pull off a finals win.

One thing I am pretty sure of is that Hawthorn and Geelong are not overrated. They've made it into the last 6 and 4 respectively. The cup is up for grabs and I reckon that whoever is still standing by Sunday has a legitimate case for going all the way.

Congratulations to the Hawks. They are fun to watch and they play a great game of football. Good to see that rewarded. May the best team win.

The obsession with Curnow continues.
You see, now you could have taken it in good spirits as a light hearted comment.
But instead you chose to lick a salty flavoured lollipop.

Lots of red eyes tonight for some resson

Blokes need a Valium, some eye drops and a good hard look in the mirror

Young Hawks enjoying themselves & not robotically living & dying by the sword like every other team has for decades has people in a flap.

Things like celebrations & selfies, meant to be entertainment have got the boomers like Coasters7 absolutely distressed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL salivates over the Hawks. Have done so for as long as I can remember. It’s a wretched feeling having to endure the spectacle of them getting every marginal call in the book and manipulating the rules freely.
Lol yes we are the AFL darlings. It's why we playing 4.40pm every Sunday. They can't do us enough favours.

The constant AA recognition is also too much.

Gosh I respect the way the Hawthorn fan base go about things. (and no, I'm not being sarcastic).
Loved their passion and the fun they were having with wizards hats etc.

It'll all end in tears this year, of course, but I wouldn't put another win past them.

Gosh I respect the way the Hawthorn fan base go about things. (and no, I'm not being sarcastic).
Loved their passion and the fun they were having with wizards hats etc.

It'll all end in tears this year, of course, but I wouldn't put another win past them.
At this point, I don't think it can end in tears. This year has been so bloody amazing, not even a loss from here will change that.

Lol yes we are the AFL darlings. It's why we playing 4.40pm every Sunday. They can't do us enough favours.

The constant AA recognition is also too much.
This thread has been hilarious. The fear from supporters of other clubs that the Hawks are on the rise again is causing me tremendous humour :)

The AFL salivates over the Hawks. Have done so for as long as I can remember. It’s a wretched feeling having to endure the spectacle of them getting every marginal call in the book and manipulating the rules freely.
To be fair a lot of that came down to Bruce salivating over Rioli and Puopolo whenever they appeared on TV.

Take a look at Collingwood mate. If you’re going to win it you better make sure it’s this year because you’ll follow a very similar path.

Not many quality players and getting by on hype. That eventually runs out and the real shit starts.

Morrison, Maginness and Ward wouldn't have been playing last night if Day, Mackenzie and Jiath were fit leading into finals.

Those 3 players combined for 60 disposals and 12 tackles last night in an Elimination final in front of 97 000 people. A game we won by 6 goals.

Our depth is Chef kiss at the moment.

At this point, I don't think it can end in tears. This year has been so bloody amazing, not even a loss from here will change that.
Agree and last night was fantastic to see, the fact they are obviously enjoying the club, the game, the supporters and each other goes a long way to why they are playing like they are playing. More power to them I reckon!

I can’t be bothered looking for the replies to my horrible predictions.
Now I have to acknowledge Hawthorn are better than I gave them credit for, won a final fairly convincingly.
I don’t understand how the Dogs can’t get it done with a list like that but well done to Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Back