Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 83 30.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 89 32.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread has been hilarious. The fear from supporters of other clubs that the Hawks are on the rise again is causing me tremendous humour :)
Kind of funny how Geelong fans are probably the most positive about the Hawks, in a Respect The Old Enemy kind of way.

It's all the neutrals who have got overtaken in the rebuild or are looking over their shoulder, that are getting pissy and salty.

I can’t be bothered looking for the replies to my horrible predictions.
Now I have to acknowledge Hawthorn are better than I gave them credit for, won a final fairly convincingly.
I don’t understand how the Dogs can’t get it done with a list like that but well done to Hawthorn.
Bont had 9 touches to 3/4 time, how many did Sicily have? Every single time there was a bunch of players going for a loose ball the hawks went in with killer intent. The dogs look to the ump for frees and carry on when they don’t get them, (50’s were there to be paid imo) thanks to years of entitlement, but they came up against free kick hawthorn. The umpiring was as mind boggling as it has been all season, but the hawks played intense hard footy, the dogs looked soft. I just hope Port take a long hard look at the hawks tactics, or the might go out in straight sets.

Regardless ofthe free kick count, hawks really deserved the win.

But salty me who isstill pissed at Ginnies 9 touch grand final, and the fact he has a medal that should have nobles name on it, can’t wait for the day his antics backfire on him again. Arrogant little shit. I admit I find it hard to hate him when he’s not playing us!

But salty me who isstill pissed at Ginnies 9 touch grand final, and the fact he has a medal that should have nobles name on it, can’t wait for the day his antics backfire on him again. Arrogant little shit. I admit I find it hard to hate him when he’s not playing us!
His beer celebration was one of his best yet! A real **** You to the media!

Simply out coached again.

5 straight elimination final losses now

A pitiful performance for a team with so much firepower.

They need a decent coach.

This guy has already wasted so much talent over the years.

He's just not that bright.
Once again, the list just isnt that good.

A delisted guy from Hawthorn running around at half back should tell you what you need to know about the quality of the list surely.... McNeil/Vandermeer/Gallagher providing absolutely nothing in the forward line. English getting destroyed so badly the FF goes into the ruck....

This is not a good team thats being wasted im afraid. The list needs improvement

A delisted guy from Hawthorn running around at half back should tell you what you need to know about the quality of the list surely.... McNeil/Vandermeer/Gallagher providing absolutely nothing in the forward line. English getting destroyed so badly the FF goes into the ruck....

This is not a good team thats being wasted im afraid. The list needs improvement
The Bulldogs midfield and forward line is very strong, yet they went out without a whimper. Same old story.

A smarter coach would have got far more out of this list over the years.

Just look what Sam Mitchell is doing with far less.

The Bulldogs midfield and forward line is very strong, yet they went out without a whimper. Same old story.

A smarter coach would have got far more out of this list over the years.

Just look what Sam Mitchell is doing with far less.
Forward line too one dimensional. JUH trying to leap over every pack like Jezaluenko is a complete waste of talent, especially when he is sadly the best crumber they have. Too many marking targets and not enough crumbers, defensive pressure players and guys who can go into the midfield and provide a chop out in that forward line

Midfield cannot be strong when a ruck cops that much of a belting. Its too reliant on 2 guys winning the ball also to be considered a strong midfield. Hawks have multiple ball winners but Doggies just too reliant on Bont/Treloar

Both aspects look good on paper, but mediocre in practice. We can sit here and say strong all we like but when year in year out they mid table without a wimper, something has to change

Incredible how much shit is being talked about a young team punching well above their weight in the most even season in the modern era.
Also interesting that those casting the most stones are supporters of fans who haven't had much/any success...

Even if we get done by Port next week and are made to look silly, we will still have gone from 17th with a young list, who pundits were talking about being 10 years away from winning a final (Montanga suck an egg), to being one of the most exciting teams to watch.

This notion of the AFL favouring us is incredibly funny; at the start of the last 4 seasons we've been given draws ranked in the top half for difficulty (despite being bottom dwellers), we have been played at traditionally poor timeslots and we've been constantly scrutinized for every minor mistake made from an on-field and recruitment strategy decision.

It looks like we are favoured because we are successful. Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney, Collingwood and WCE are incredibly successful clubs, so I can understand Carltank, Footscray and St Kilda fans having sour grapes of our continued success.

Hawthorn arrogance goes hand in hand with Hawthorn exceptionalism. What an exciting decade we have coming up :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of us agree with you. Been banging on about our selection of low skill players and English for years now. Meanwhile Hawks get Ambrosio and the like for pick 60.

Incredible how much shit is being talked about a young team punching well above their weight in the most even season in the modern era.
Also interesting that those casting the most stones are supporters of fans who haven't had much/any success...

Even if we get done by Port next week and are made to look silly, we will still have gone from 17th with a young list, who pundits were talking about being 10 years away from winning a final (Montanga suck an egg), to being one of the most exciting teams to watch.

This notion of the AFL favouring us is incredibly funny; at the start of the last 4 seasons we've been given draws ranked in the top half for difficulty (despite being bottom dwellers), we have been played at traditionally poor timeslots and we've been constantly scrutinized for every minor mistake made from an on-field and recruitment strategy decision.

It looks like we are favoured because we are successful. Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney, Collingwood and WCE are incredibly successful clubs, so I can understand Carltank, Footscray and St Kilda fans having sour grapes of our continued success.

Hawthorn arrogance goes hand in hand with Hawthorn exceptionalism. What an exciting decade we have coming up :)
Jealousy does that to people

Kind of funny how Geelong fans are probably the most positive about the Hawks, in a Respect The Old Enemy kind of way.

It's all the neutrals who have got overtaken in the rebuild or are looking over their shoulder, that are getting pissy and salty.
We dislike each other but for the majority of supporters there is a lot of mutual respect ( even if it's begrudgingly 🙂)

Most hawks fans respect Geelong greatly, we just hate losing to you, much like Cats fans I guess.

Too genuine top class clubs who do it their own way.

Newcombe is a bit inconsistent but when he plays well he looks like a superstar, did it against Geelong once and now the dogs a couple of times
Newcombe is about as inconsistent as the Sun, mate.

Thought after '21 Western Dog and my beloved Melbourne Demons would be fighting each-other for flags, a fierce rivalry that would make Hawthorn-Geelong look tame. Instead none of us have won a final lmao.

At least Melbourne Demons can point to the scourge of drug addiction, drug trafficking, and career-ending injuries as factors. Dogs have had two number 1 draft picks fall in their lap through NGA and F/S rorts and still can't compete.

Pathetic.

Tempted to go find all the posts from early in 2024 laughing at Sam Frost being our full back.

Has absolutely owned almost everyone that he has stood.

The Dogs are absolutely crap, i stopped tipping them earlier in the year, but then got sucked in and started tipping them again. Not anymore, they are lousy beyond compare and i won't tip them again in any game in 2025... They need to do some serious trading and Jamarra Ugle Hagan should be one of them! The bloke has no oomph!

I can’t be bothered looking for the replies to my horrible predictions.
Now I have to acknowledge Hawthorn are better than I gave them credit for, won a final fairly convincingly.
I don’t understand how the Dogs can’t get it done with a list like that but well done to Hawthorn.
I'll give you a hint, the problem lies with a word that starts with the letter B.

Young Hawks enjoying themselves & not robotically living & dying by the sword like every other team has for decades has people in a flap.

Things like celebrations & selfies, meant to be entertainment have got the boomers like Coasters7 absolutely distressed
I’m a boomer and don’t mind it but wish the media would stop banging on about it. It doesn’t have to be the starting point of every interview, Hawks are about much more than the celebrations. Reckon it’s got Robbo in a flap though.

Newcombe is about as inconsistent as the Sun, mate.
What a odd analogy. The Sun is insanely inconsistent. Constantly going up and down, goes missing regularly when put under pressure by clouds. Very patchy form year round where it shows great signs in December-February during pre season but when the season hits its strides in winter it goes disappearing for long patches

Id say Newcombe is as reliable as water being in the ocean

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Back