Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 16 5.8%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 83 30.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 89 32.1%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 36 13.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dogs are absolutely crap, i stopped tipping them earlier in the year, but then got sucked in and started tipping them again. Not anymore, they are lousy beyond compare and i won't tip them again in any game in 2025... They need to do some serious trading and Jamarra Ugle Hagan should be one of them! The bloke has no oomph!
JUH wouldnt command enough in a trade. I think Naughton is the guy to move on and Christian Petracca is the guy to target to get back. Last night showed that in finals football, Bont needs some more help. Petracca/Bont duo would just take that team to the next level and while Naughton is a great player, what Petracca would bring is alot more then Naughton would as what is a log jammed forward line

Hardwick is the most underrated small defender in the comp.

You wouldn’t even know Weightman is ever playing against us.
Think Weightman is just insanely overrated. Guys a flat out minnow basher. If someone can match him in the air he goes to custard.

Hardwick destroying Weightman seems to happen every time they meet. Doubt one bloke has a bigger burst of good form against 1 bloke then Hardwick does over Weightman

I can’t be bothered looking for the replies to my horrible predictions.
Now I have to acknowledge Hawthorn are better than I gave them credit for, won a final fairly convincingly.
I don’t understand how the Dogs can’t get it done with a list like that but well done to Hawthorn.
Yeah you were wrong but respect for owning up to it. :thumbsu:

As others have already mentioned. They’ve got a very average group of players that have been able to play together for most of the year with a soft draw.

Soft draw? But we only played eagles once, and that was at their home ground. Two games against your hapless mob instead of two games against Geelong, and we'd have finished top 4.

What to make of the semi-final match up?

On the one hand, alarm bells start ringing for me at Big Ben volume for any away favourite in a semi-final. People get seduced by the team that looked a million bucks playing against a more middle of the road opponent and pick all the flaws in the team that lost in week 1, without giving quite enough consideration to why the respective teams were in those positions in the first place.

On the other, Geelong didn't beat Port by taking big contested marks inside 50; they beat them through opportunists like Mannagh, Miers and Stengle being given too much space, by Cameron being allowed to work his magic. If Port don't tighten up that area, unless their midfield wins it off their own bat, it will be a bloodbath with Hawthorn's mosquito fleet.

So...what do we make of the dogs.
Is the list over-rated??
Is it time for a new coach??
Do they sacrifice one of the forwards for more midfield depth??

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Just too many soft players. Have to enter next year with a new look, that means Tim "guy who lets Meek have a career best game every time" English out of the ruck. Need to move on 6-8 players in the side. Some of those can be replaced with our latest draftees but we need to trade quality in.

Been banging on about these usual suspects for ages now but I guess most of us supporters held false hope that we'd be able to carry them come finals.

The AFL salivates over the Hawks. Have done so for as long as I can remember.

We had to go to an alternative training venue to train under lights because a bunch of our players had never played an AFL game under lights due to the AFL not having scheduled us in the premium night timeslots for a considerable time. Yeah, the AFL have really been showing their love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks have the Collingwood about them. Their squad just isn’t that good but somehow gets it done. Will be back to earth next season with a harder draw

Based on where team's finished last year, our 2024 draw was the equal 8th hardest in the competition according to this page:

According to this page, it was 5th hardest:

Of course things changed during the year, but no guarantee next years draw will be harder than this years once the ups and downs of the season play out.

What a odd analogy. The Sun is insanely inconsistent. Constantly going up and down, goes missing regularly when put under pressure by clouds. Very patchy form year round where it shows great signs in December-February during pre season but when the season hits its strides in winter it goes disappearing for long patches

Id say Newcombe is as reliable as water being in the ocean
Someone doesn’t understand the universe. 😂

So...what do we make of the dogs.
Is the list over-rated??
Is it time for a new coach??
Do they sacrifice one of the forwards for more midfield depth??

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not too sure tbh. Can't go into next year running the same set up stuck in no mans land. Bevo clearly has the players on board given some of the recent media released from inside the club.

Perhaps they could reduce his role with tactics and the like. Too many wild ideas from week to week for mine. Some pay off but most leave you scratching your head.

We absolutely need a new forward line coach though. Spangher was never meant for the role to begin with but got thrown in the deep end and we haven't done enough to fix the issue after he's floundered a bit.

What to make of the semi-final match up?

On the one hand, alarm bells start ringing for me at Big Ben volume for any away favourite in a semi-final. People get seduced by the team that looked a million bucks playing against a more middle of the road opponent and pick all the flaws in the team that lost in week 1, without giving quite enough consideration to why the respective teams were in those positions in the first place.

On the other, Geelong didn't beat Port by taking big contested marks inside 50; they beat them through opportunists like Mannagh, Miers and Stengle being given too much space, by Cameron being allowed to work his magic. If Port don't tighten up that area, unless their midfield wins it off their own bat, it will be a bloodbath with Hawthorn's mosquito fleet.

Top 4 not that much difference to next 4. Not clearly superior

In fact if the ‘extra” 20 secs from our game v port not there, hawks are the higher and home team in final

Soft draw? But we only played eagles once, and that was at their home ground. Two games against your hapless mob instead of two games against Geelong, and we'd have finished top 4.
Tbf we got Adelaide twice without rankine which is basically bottom 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Elimination Final - Dogs v Hawks Fri Sept 6th 7:40pm EST (MCG) - Teams in OP

Back