Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs Sept 5th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) - Teams up

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 79 42.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 23.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish. This is where you get punished for beating finals contenders. If Geelong lost to Freo or Collingwood, those teams would be playing finals instead of barely missing out. Those and Hawthorn are the 3 decent teams Geelong have beaten within the last 8 games.
The Freo win away from home was your strongest.

Definitely tonight. At least losing to a Sydney team is an honourable loss
If both teams play really well and Geelong win by a point, it's "dishonourable" for Port?

An underdog winning doesn't necessarily mean an awful choke occured. We are not huge underdogs like Carlton are this week. There's a 12 point betting line, so Cats winning by a point only defies expectations by a couple of goals.

Means i think we are a very average side and odds on to go out in straight sets, and who gives a rats what you think.
Thinking a loss is more than likely than a win is one thing. Being certain there is no chance of winning, and telling others off for daring to think there is a chance? Given you have been wrong plenty of times before, your conviction isn't admirable, it just makes you look like a fool.

I don't think it helped with their last game they had the easiest time with West Coast, could make them a bit rusty for pressuring. Port had to really arm wrestle against teams the last few weeks, could set them up better.

I've often wondered - has any analysis ever been done around this? It seems to be routinely spoken of as a fact that a tough lead in to finals is a better preparation for finals than an easy one, but I wonder if that is even true? Particularly these days with the pre-finals bye.

I'm too lazy to do the analysis myself, but wonder if anyone has done it for me?

And you are a blockhead who thinks you should always think your side wins, and you think you are always flog.
No, I have already said that Port are the more likely team to win. If you could deal with the basics of reading and comprehension you would understand that.

What I disagreed with was the idea that there is zero chance Geelong win, that it is foolish/delusional to even speculate how the Cats could be competitive or that it would be an absolute farce if Port Adelaide dropped this game. Only morons think in more absolute terms when assessing sides that have had roughly similar seasons.

Port winning by 10 goals wouldn't surprise me, but nor would Geelong making a really good game of it. You've already made your mind up so we don't need fair weather supporters like you turning the TV on.

Regardless of tonight's result. Proud to watch this club every week. Constantly put themselves in a position to challenge.

14th QF in 18 years.

Not sure our Victorian friends could handle 1 game of footy in Melbourne in 4 weeks so im expecting a Port win tonight for a wk2 Semi for Geelong v Hawks/Dogs at the G next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have got a weird feeling about this one. Maybe just because Port think this guy, after 4 goals 6 behinds and an entire career as a failed forward, is suddenly their go-to guy along side what's left of Charlie Dixon.
1725500851199.png
Sure, they have a vastly superior (and completely selfish) midfield, but last time Geelong had half their midfield out.

Just got that weird feeling about tonight.

Have got a weird feeling about this one. Maybe just because Port think this guy, after 4 goals 6 behinds and an entire career as a failed forward, is suddenly there go-to guy along side what's left of Charlie Dixon.
View attachment 2101012
Sure, they have a vastly superior (and completely selfish) midfield, but last time Geelong had half their midfield out.

Just got that weird feeling about tonight.
Lol, his job is to bring the ball to ground so Rioli, DBJ & Narkle can go to work.

You just better hope old man Dangers hammys hold up.

I don't like Dixon in the Port team. That would be too predictable for the wise Cats defenders, I think he is an easy mark for them. They can also waltz away from him with carefree glee, ball in hand.

I like unchanged teams, a big plus for Cats, stability, cohesion.

I like the Horndog versus Danger. How good will that be.

Port at home is a big plus for them.

I, madly, pronounced Cats flag faves in May. What was I drinking? The good stuff it turns out. Cats a big big show. If one wears paisley shirts for enough decades, one is likely to be in fashion at least a couple of times. Same with pickin Cats, who are back in fashion at the right time.

Having said all of that, if Ken can exceed expectations and win the coaching battle, well, that'd throw the swooping magpies amongst the cats wouldn't it.

Can't wait.

Port will touch Geelong up tonight. Cats midfield is about the worst in this finals series. Rozee, JHF and Butters are going to run amok.
Have to add Wines into that rotation, and Drew plays negating roles well.
I'm tipping Port simply because it's at AO. Later in the season Port have played very good football there.

One final supreme effort by Dangerwank to shut down and over-run Jason The Horny one and Geelong MIGHT put Kenny up against the wall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs Sept 5th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) - Teams up

Back