Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs Sept 5th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) - Teams up

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 79 42.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 44 23.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 49 26.1%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Clutching at straws as worried about Giants mids compared to swans while i rate our forwards and backs against swans..Similar to last nights pre game predictions .However masterclass by Scott and Danger put on his cape and Holmes etc were awesome.Small forwards which were predicted as Cats strength performed.Hopefully we take something from cats game.

Cats made 13 or 14 prelim finals in 18 years. Not bad.

I always envied the crows era Since 2000. Had sustained finals runs after the 1997-8 flags in 2001-3, 2005-9 and 2015-7.
Geelong are the benchmark of finding gems from nothing, retaining players, recruiting players and not worrying about age.

Please don't envy us, its really frustrating supporting Adelaide :D

Been 20 years since we last won 2 games in a row against the cats, last night was the best chance to do so but threw in the towel. Question is will I be alive to see us break that trend? Surely one day the cats will have a mediocre period of at least 3 seasons in a row of no finals (including a bottom 4 finish)?
We haven’t finished lower than 12th in our history so it would be bucking the trend when it/if it happens

Just shows you anything’s possible. No one tipped Geelong last night. I myself fell into the trap of thinking Port were different this year.
This happens every single year even crows fans get sucked in. Imo they were weaker this year than years gone by. Played a few high quality games against good sides, but outside of that were mediocre and were playing bottom 8 football at times.

They haven't been able to plug weaknesses in their squad over the last few years. If they can find a couple of decent forwards and key backs, they could put it together with that strong midfield. I would make Bergman captain with Horne the next up (two players you can count on under pressure).

I got no idea how Dixon has had a 14year career.
Kicked more than 34 goals 3 times in 220 games as a FF.
Bloody hopeless.
He was absolutely useless when the ball hit the ground last night. I haven't seen any player with such a lack of mobility for a long time. Marshall or Soldo would have offered more.

Can anyone tell me why JHF started q1 on the bench?
If there was a single player on Port's list that had to start on the ground (noting SPP is injured), it would be JHF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got no idea how Dixon has had a 14year career.
Kicked more than 34 goals 3 times in 220 games as a FF.
Bloody hopeless.
you would be surpised how easily some of those forwards last that long. Rory Lobb as well.

But Dixon and Rory lobb are similar Players.

Yes they are Full fowards or ruck forward that play in the goal square that kick 30-40 goals a season.

Saying that, if they are double teamed, one of their team mates up forward is freed up to kick 3 or 4 or even 5 goals. thats their role.

Can anyone tell me why JHF started q1 on the bench?
If there was a single player on Port's list that had to start on the ground (noting SPP is injured), it would be JHF
At the time I think Hinkley was conserving him and other players for the second half hoping Geelong would gas out after half time with the frantic pace we were displaying last night

To my suprise the players didn’t drop off and continued the pace for the game

Like I said you can’t be throwing stones when you club hasn’t done SFA in the last 20 years
Haha what a pathetic statement. What have you done to contribute to Geelong's success and since when does Geelong's success make you qualified to comment on other teams? What makes you more qualified to speak on other teams than I?

The "throwing stones in a glass house" statement works if I had a superiority complex over Port. I don't.

I know Essendon have been pathetic for 20 years. I agree they have been pathetic. I believe they will continue to be pathetic for more than that. So then what? Do you really think supporters of pathetic teams cannot comment on other teams? If so then stick to the Geelong board.

Haha what a pathetic statement. What have you done to contribute to Geelong's success and since when does Geelong's success make you qualified to comment on other teams? What makes you more qualified to speak on other teams than I?

The "throwing stones in a glass house" statement works if I had a superiority complex over Port. I don't.

I know Essendon have been pathetic for 20 years. I agree they have been pathetic. I believe they will continue to be pathetic for more than that. So then what? Do you really think supporters of pathetic teams cannot comment on other teams?
Yes

Clutching at straws as worried about Giants mids compared to swans while i rate our forwards and backs against swans..Similar to last nights pre game predictions .However masterclass by Scott and Danger put on his cape and Holmes etc were awesome.Small forwards which were predicted as Cats strength performed.Hopefully we take something from cats game.
I'm a tad worried about our Himma .... he is a weak link imo.

This happens every single year even crows fans get sucked in. Imo they were weaker this year than years gone by. Played a few high quality games against good sides, but outside of that were mediocre and were playing bottom 8 football at times.

They haven't been able to plug weaknesses in their squad over the last few years. If they can find a couple of decent forwards and key backs, they could put it together with that strong midfield. I would make Bergman captain with Horne the next up (two players you can count on under pressure).
But the manner of the loss was terrible. This same team smashed Geelong in the middle at KP two months ago

Last night was a debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs Sept 5th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) - Teams up

Back