Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 71 30.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 89 38.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You won't cope next year, I'm telling you. (Of course Hawks weren't missing anybody you cluess 0 premierships Port supporter for another 2 decades.)
What, because you’ve got the baby hok-pack?

Does it hurt to know you were owned by a team that had 9 players 22 and under tonight? Not even the youngest best team on the face of the earth in Hawthorn had that many.

You really think kem just said "haha, 14 days?"

1. The level 1 coaching course specifically states coaches are not to engage with any opposition player other than to say "good game," that's level 1. Hinckley would be at a minimum level 2. He needs to do better.

2. Swearing and mouthing off after you've won isn't just arrogance, it's just poor sportsmanship.
But mouthing off before you win is ok?

So, judging from Mitchell's post-match comments, when a 21yo 'expresses themselves' it's all good, but when a 57yo expresses themselves it's not cool? Then when your 29yo captain expresses themselves in the direction of said 57yo, it's all good?

At what age are you not able to express yourself? Asking for a friend.
Dont think he'd have had a problem with it if it were a PA player, but coaches shouldnt be antagonising opposition players on the field.

For mine, Kenny is just a little bit too arrogant for a coach who has achieved absolute donuts over a very long period of time

We do bag Ken but many clubs/supporters (aka Essendon) would bite your arm off to reach semis/prelims most years

You won't cope next year, I'm telling you. (Of course Hawks weren't missing anybody you cluess 0 premierships Port supporter for another 2 decades.)
Your mum needs to take your ipad away and turn you light out I think.

100%.

You ca defend your player post game but im sure inside the four walls Sam would be absolutely disgusted with his action mid week.

He's cost them a preliminary final berth.
No doubt.

100% gave us ammunition, in a 3pt game to end a clubs season, unforgiveable.

Hoks will play it down but behind the scenes will hold him responsible.

You really think kem just said "haha, 14 days?"

1. The level 1 coaching course specifically states coaches are not to engage with any opposition player other than to say "good game," that's level 1. Hinckley would be at a minimum level 2. He needs to do better.

2. Swearing and mouthing off after you've won isn't just arrogance, it's just poor sportsmanship.
Cmon, are you really a Hawks supporter?

A team with Clarkson as a coach, with Hodge as captain…. Trying to preach the guidelines of good behaviour?

Fail Oh No GIF by The Great British Bake Off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That will make us 8-8 over the two years then?

Oh that’s right, this was a final that your big-talking favourite choked in. Even I had you guys winning pretty easy.
Let’s hope we play finals against you again, give you that chance for revenge. Maybe bring a few more field and boundary umpires with you next time, hopefully you’ll get over the line.
Like the ones that paid all those deliberate out of bounds? oh thats right they play from port.

You give Ginnivan to much credit. I don’t think he’ll learn anything out of this.
I reckon even he will, especially after what happened after the game.

Aside from embarrassing himself with stooping to Ginnivans level, Ken was also stupid to have given him shit the way he did, when he really should have been thanking Ginni, for handing them that extra motivation on a silver platter.

Instead he helped to ensure it would never happen again.

Neither one of them are the brightest sparks.

But mouthing off before you win is ok?

Mouthing off isn't a good look at any level.

How people can't tell the difference between some friendly banter on social media before the game by a player, and the coach of the winning team approaching a player on the losing team and apparently throwing a string of f's and c's at them is completely beyond me.

Hinkley is a classless bogan, and so is anyone that thinks what he did was appropriate given Ginni's social media activity.

Hinkley's players had already done all the talking that needed to be done by winning the game. They played very well, and he could have taken credit for that without resorting to abusing the vanquished.

Frankly if I was the Port board making decisions on whether he was the right person going forward, I'd be asking Ken why he couldn't get Port up for a game the week before that would have had them in a prelim against a team that didn't finish top. Lucky Ginni posted what he did, as otherwise the guy seemed to be bereft of ideas, as shown by the 80+ point capitulation he presided over last weak. What's his angle for next week? "Grundy laughed at Ginni's joke at our expense, lets try really hard"?

I think what Hinkley did was embarrassing but Mitchell getting all precious about how an older man should behave? Wasn’t this the same guy as an over 30 year old leader of a footy club that pulled that arm injection stunt towards the Essendon players?

Yeah he didn’t do himself any favours in his presser either. Not just with that issue either. He spoke like he coached a team of amateurs to the FA Cup final: reality was he overachieved so no drama with him being proud at all they did an amazing job to get from the basement to the semi finals but they’re professional senior footballers.

They’ve spent maybe 14-15 weeks being a ‘good’ side regardless of age. They’re all adults, they’re all pros, be proud but you don’t need to get teary about it like they’ve overcome debilitating obstacles etc.

They’re a team on the rise, great season, disappointing finish, bigger things to come

Mouthing off isn't a good look at any level.

How people can't tell the difference between some friendly banter on social media before the game by a player, and the coach of the winning team approaching a player on the losing team and apparently throwing a string of f's and c's at them is completely beyond me.

Hinkley is a classless bogan, and so is anyone that thinks what he did was appropriate given Ginni's social media activity.

Hinkley's players had already done all the talking that needed to be done by winning the game. They played very well, and he could have taken credit for that without resorting to abusing the vanquished.

Frankly if I was the Port board making decisions on whether he was the right person going forward, I'd be asking Ken why he couldn't get Port up for a game the week before that would have had them in a prelim against a team that didn't finish top. Lucky Ginni posted what he did, as otherwise the guy seemed to be bereft of ideas, as shown by the 80+ point capitulation he presided over last weak. What's his angle for next week? "Grundy laughed at Ginni's joke at our expense, lets try really hard"?
F’s and c’s??
Sure….

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Second Semi Final - Port v Hawks Fri Sept 13th 7:40pm EST/7:10pm CST (AO) Teams in OP

Back