AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Like the members green for the cricket, can anyone go around there?

I'd say no. Is that not the 'members area'?

Not sure they'll rope the hill off but putting staff on the entrance/exits of the hill section should do it. Which would mean only people with tix to that area can get into that northern area.

BjXvDeRCQAA-FLk.jpg:large

They better get a wriggle on, the game is on Saturday.

I was under the impression the hill could be accessed by anyone. I will be mega pissed off if I can't get to the hill with my season ticket. I usually stand at the footy, and sometimes take my seat during cold nights and/or rain. I was looking forward to the freedom of standing on the hill listening to all the drunk bogans.

I was under the impression the hill could be accessed by anyone. I will be mega pissed off if I can't get to the hill with my season ticket. I usually stand at the footy, and sometimes take my seat during cold nights and/or rain. I was looking forward to the freedom of standing on the hill listening to all the drunk bogans.

You probably could for the non sellout games. GWS 12:40 on mothers day you'll have the hill to yourself.

That's why I thought of the worlds end. Not many people know about it and they do awesome meals.

It's not that far either.

You are correct, Strath and cathedral will be packed.

Might do Jack Ruby on king William for a slaw burger. :thumbsu:

Jack Ruby? may as will give your money away, rip off merchants that place is

"Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300 avec Tapatalk"

What about the facilities, theres no members and non members areas like aami is there?

For the cricket there was a second set of turnstiles at the edge of the Riverbank Stand, where you needed to scan your ticket again to enter the western stand.

I suspect it would be the same at the football.

For the cricket there was a second set of turnstiles at the edge of the Riverbank Stand, where you needed to scan your ticket again to enter the western stand.

I suspect it would be the same at the football.
But is the western stand a designated members stand like we had at aami?

But is the western stand a designated members stand like we had at aami?
Western stand is for SMA Adelaide Oval football members(previously Category 1 Ultimate members at AAMI)this is me. And Essential Crows members. Just like AAMI. Difference being we dont nee a pass out to leave the members area as there is a turnstile where you flash your card to get into the area. You can also enter the ground via any gate.= and then wal around to western stand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They NEVER check tickets on the hill. Even the sold out days of the Ashes they didn't. It's too hard with the whole front aprt being open.

There might have to be something though. If it's a complete sellout, including capacity on the hill tickets. Then add an extra 2,000 people who have seats want to now stand on the hill, what do all the people with hill only tickets do? I've got a seat and don't plan to go on the hill but by the sound of it some here are planning to. Will be interesting.

Would they just put a temporary waist high fence up for sell out games? Or perhaps check people as they enter the northern part of the ground to see if they are at least seated or ga in that area.

I don't know that the hill will be all that popular for most games since it was the area with the smallest ticket allocation but the last area to sell out, but can definitely see people wanting to experience it for a bit or for when you catch up with people on the day and decide to stand together so hopefully it's not too restricted.

The much expected perfect weather forecast for the game on Saturday 4:40PM start game. Clear skies. 28 degrees C. Could not be a better start to the AFL first game at the developed Adelaide oval (2nd AFL game at Adelaide oval)
Those in the eastern stand had better bring a hat and sunglasses.

The much expected perfect weather forecast for the game on Saturday 4:40PM start game. Clear skies. 28 degrees C. Could not be a better start to the AFL first game at the developed Adelaide oval (2nd AFL game at Adelaide oval)

Big test of our fitness. Might need to bust out the ice vests.

On the Port board they are saying they have all been sent emails from PAFC stating that you will not be able to just go on the hill if you don't have a standing ticket, they will be doing their best to checking people to make sure they have standing tickets on the hill and not an actual seated ticket, as due to the new OHS/WHS laws they cannot go over the 3500 capacity of the hill. Unless they get dozens and dozens of Adelaide oval staff I can't see how this will work very well.

If you have a hill ticket I'd definitely be getting there and taking up a spot by 2:00pm-2:30pm (early as you do for the Test Match) otherwise you could miss out on a spot.

Geez I can imagine the hill getting really feral for a Port home game. Maybe Crows supporters need to be a little cautious.
When you add 28 degrees and sunny into it plus, 2 and a half hours of before game drinking (gates open at 1:30pm), it could get nasty pretty quickly, especially as you'd think 95% of the hill will be standing up, unlike the cricket where you really only have the boys in front of the scoreboard standing all day. I cant see many people bringing or using their deck chairs like they do for a test match!

When you add 28 degrees and sunny into it plus, 2 and a half hours of before game drinking (gates open at 1:30pm), it could get nasty pretty quickly, especially as you'd think 95% of the hill will be standing up, unlike the cricket where you really only have the boys in front of the scoreboard standing all day. I cant see many people bringing or using their deck chairs like they do for a test match!

Correct on all accounts - Heat, beers, standing all day and intense rivalry - hmmmm sure its safe on the hill.

Out of curiosity could you take a deck chair? Or do what I saw in SA in the cricket grab an inflatable pool and set up shop.

Correct on all accounts - Heat, beers, standing all day and intense rivalry - hmmmm sure its safe on the hill.

Out of curiosity could you take a deck chair? Or do what I saw in SA in the cricket grab an inflatable pool and set up shop.
inflatable pool - genius idea!!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back