AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the whole timing of the day was off. From what I could see their was no reason why it couldn't have been a day game with an earlier concert. Or a night game with the concert afterwards. Most of the crowd were tired, it was dinner time. As if they are going to fart around and stay for a concert rather than go get something to eat from inside the ground that wouldn't have cost them an arm and a leg.

The "find yourself at the showdown" photo is up on the advertiser. Here is my pic below. My mate and I are surrounded by overly excited port fans... not! He is flying the flag for us! I am the other guy to the right looking at the photo. Only the one real port dickhead fan at the end of the game sitting near us a few rows back. I must say the others around us were pretty good towards us.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...of-adelaide-oval/story-fnia3v71-1226866724370

showdown_zps2656edc7.jpg

Last edited:
The "find yourself at the showdown" photo is up on the advertiser. Here is my pic below. My mate and I are surrounded by overly excited port fans... not! He is flying the flag for us! I am the other guy to the right looking at the photo. Only the one real port dickhead fan at the end of the game sitting near us a few rows back. I must say the others around us were pretty good towards us.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...of-adelaide-oval/story-fnia3v71-1226866724370

Zoom in on the centre square. Anyone else notice Smith and Monfries are on the field twice? :D

showdown_zps2656edc7.jpg
You and your mate look the same

Public transport not worries, over the bridge and in the South
Tried the closest bar in the Eastern stand, ridiculous lines, went around to the next bar - a bit better.

Can you believe THEY STILL POUR INDIVIDUAL PINTS WHILE YOU ARE WAITING FFS.

It tool AAMI 15 years before they installed auto pourer ie. dozen cups in one hit. Its not bloody brain surgery, God knows what the lines were like at 1/4 and 1/2 time.

This is not a teething problem blind freddy who has gone to AAMI, Etihad, MCG know you get auto pourers to cope with large volume of drinkers. Not pouring individual cups out of taps.

No I can't believe it!!! Getting a beer at AAMI was much easier , and that's saying something. We were at the top of the Eastern stand and spent the whole of half time in line to get a beer and just made it back for the start of the 3rd 1/4 - people still 10 deep when we went back. $1000's of dollsrs lost in beer sales.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No I can't believe it!!! Getting a beer at AAMI was much easier , and that's saying something. We were at the top of the Eastern stand and spent the whole of half time in line to get a beer and just made it back for the start of the 3rd 1/4 - people still 10 deep when we went back. $1000's of dollsrs lost in beer sales.
It'll take some getting used to. I know at one stall everyone was lining up on one side (Yet you can enter from both sides) of the stall.
I noticed this and went from the 30 odd people line on one side to walking into the 5 people line on the other.

BTW. Not meaning to sound too much like a whinger. Loved the day ( bar the result), amazing views from back of Eastern and Southern stands, terrific atmosphere, bridge works well and looks great etc.

I was prepared for teething issues, staff needing to familiarise themselves with the place etc but to not have the multi-pourer beers everywhere, and it appears inadequate numbers of bars, is not a teething issue but a planning issue that will not be easy to fix. I spoke to a mate in the Southern stand and he said it wasn't bad there so maybe it was just up top of the Eastern. I will be Western for the Crows games ( Essential Crows) so hoping it will be better over there.

Otherwise, I love the place.

Did anyone go to the after match concert?

Was it full or empty?
I went and it was a much smaller crowd than it deserved. Great shows though and a good spread of both Clubs supporters. Nice way to unwind from the day. Probably needs to be a bit cheaper for those that had a game day ticket to entice people to come...

Oh and it is a Tennis SA event by the way - Port just helped with a lot of in-kind support from a marketing point of view (which obviously didnt work very well).

A pissed punter who claimed to be in the know told me that the Crows line up will be Empire of the Sun and The Living End...

I went and it was a much smaller crowd than it deserved. Great shows though and a good spread of both Clubs supporters. Nice way to unwind from the day. Probably needs to be a bit cheaper for those that had a game day ticket to entice people to come...

Oh and it is a Tennis SA event by the way - Port just helped with a lot of in-kind support from a marketing point of view (which obviously didnt work very well).

A pissed punter who claimed to be in the know told me that the Crows line up will be Empire of the Sun and The Living End...

Really? if that's the case they should of perhaps worked with both clubs to promote them however I find it unlikely.

"The Port Adelaide Football Club has organised the concerts — billed as “Live At The Drive” — as part of club president David Koch’s mission to “bring the fun back to footy.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...r-showdown-xxxvi/story-fni5f9de-1226854644616

Couple of queries if anyone out there went on Saturday;

1. Was there any car parking within a reasonable distance and if so where

2. Did anyone sit in western members and if so how early did you get there

Thanks in advance

reasonable is probably a relative term, but there are a lot of all-day parks up near the cinema in North Adelaide and on Barton Tce near the aquatic centre. Probably all you're going to get.

Qote="Peter J, post: 32329341, member: 73420"]Couple of queries if anyone out there went on Saturday;

Thanks in advance[/quote

There is no car parking in public streets for more than two hours within a 1.25km radius of AO. Plenty of parking within walking distance in paid parking ($10-$15). There is no need to drive as buses trains trams are plentiful.

I got inside the ground 2 hours before and Western stand was about half full and half an hour later it was 95 pc full. Don't forget you do not get access to the middle Bradman stand (red seats) which is full of suits - sanfl/saca/super corporates.

This part pisses me off as the long time SANFL member gets screwed and cannot access one of the best areas inside the stadium.

I heard from 3 different groups of people that they could not find seats anywhere in the western stands (and apparently there were quite a few people without seats) who ended up standing but were then continually moved on by redcoats or whatever until eventually after complaining they were placed in the southern stand somewhere. Any sma/ao (or whatever those western stand members are called) on here know/experience anything like that?

Couple of queries if anyone out there went on Saturday;

Thanks in advance
My garage (or is 3km as the bird flys to far?)

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back