Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm..sounds suspiciously like a Neil Balme coaching trademark
Bad Boy Angel GIF by Robert E Blackmon

So the Port boards going about as well as you’d think it is 😂

One says someone high up in the club told him Ken’s a week away from being sacked.

Another said he was leaving at 3/4 time, and walking out next to him was John Cahill

Good times being had over yonder

I know his name is mud around here for the most part but I guarantee there's still a healthy amount of Patrick Dangerfield that loves beating Port.

Judging by the boos he still lives rent free in their heads too.

It's funny because Port have had a few flogs over the years however the Crows supporters tend to let them be. Yet there's been certain Crows players that Port supporters for whatever reason have an unhealthy obsession with that they love to boo and abuse.

Roo, Dangerfield, Tex, Fog and now Rachele to name a few.

It's a really weird thing that seems to be isolated mainly to Port supporters.

The AFC has never embarrassed themselves in a HOME final like that. Not once, not twice, but three times 10+ goal margins (yes I’m counting the dream final :p).

You won’t get any argument from me that seven years is too long outside and things need to change next year… but let’s hope when you do get back in, it will be for a sustained period of time and you can get to the pinnacle.

I will argue vehemently always - your club > theirs 👍

Rozee, where was he?

Gone missing in finals a fair bit now

They've been savage on him on the Port board.

Telling him to F off, calling him soft, worst Port captain of all time, a typical North Adelaide receiver, a fairy etc

It's hilarious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFC has never embarrassed themselves in a HOME final like that. Not once, not twice, but three times 10+ goal margins (yes I’m counting the dream final :p).

You won’t get any argument from me that seven years is too long outside and things need to change next year… but let’s hope when you do get back in, it will be for a sustained period of time and you can get to the pinnacle.

Let's not ruin the thread by talking about the Crows. This is a positive space.

They've been savage on him on the Port board.

Telling him to F off, calling him soft, worst Port captain of all time, a typical North Adelaide receiver, a fairy etc

It's hilarious
One way running outside receiver's do not work in finals

Port have an unbalanced list of stars and spuds as opposed to Geelong who have a very even team with no weak points.
The only players I would take from Port who played tonight are:
Allir
Bergman
Rozee
Rioli
Georgiades
Butters
Horne Francis
maybe Wines, Burton and Sweet.

We won't embarass ourselves in finals so long as Nicks is in charge 👍

Port have an unbalanced list of stars and spuds as opposed to Geelong who have a very even team with no weak points.
The only players I would take from Port who played tonight are:
Allir
Bergman
Rozee
Rioli
Georgiades
Butters
Horne Francis
maybe Wines, Burton and Sweet.
Georgiades isn't getting a game ahead of Walker, Fog or RT. Our forward line is signficantly better than theirs. Rioli borderline, but isn't fit to lace Rankines boots nor racheles to be fair. Rioli kicked 30 goals this year - his highest ever and he is 30. Rachele is already doing that as a 21 year old.

Let's not ruin the thread by talking about the Crows. This is a positive space.

I thought I was. I’ll do better 😛

All in all, am just shocked. The failure normally hits in a knockout final, their home qualifying finals have been their happy place and I am sure they believed (like most of us did to be fair) it would continue. Very glad to be wrong.

Georgiades isn't getting a game ahead of Walker, Fog or RT. Our forward line is signficantly better than theirs. Rioli borderline, but isn't fit to lace Rankines boots nor racheles to be fair.
Honestly it's only JHF Houston and Alir, that's all you'd 100% put in the team no questions asked

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back