Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong need to hit leads up forward it's where their strength lays instead of bombing it, much easier to defend that
Port have an unbalanced list of stars and spuds as opposed to Geelong who have a very even team with no weak points.
The only players I would take from Port who played tonight are:
Allir
Bergman
Rozee
Rioli
Georgiades
Butters
Horne Francis
maybe Wines, Burton and Sweet.
Wouldn't touch that flog Butters with a 40 foot pole.

He got smashed in a tackle on the wing in the first quarter - members side wing. almost an down field free. I reckon that’s where the issue came from - whether it aggravated an injury from last week or created a new one
I wonder if teams are running a bit scared after what happened with Petracca with any rib stuff

Watching Gellong last night just reminded me of how far away we are and how important it is to have a good coach . They use precision kicking as a weapon and also very aggressive with forward momentum, continually putting opponents defences under pressure. I’m jealous

They've been savage on him on the Port board.

Telling him to F off, calling him soft, worst Port captain of all time, a typical North Adelaide receiver, a fairy etc

It's hilarious

Every potential recruit to Port should be shown this. You're never truly "one of them"

Watching Gellong last night just reminded me of how far away we are and how important it is to have a good coach . They use precision kicking as a weapon and also very aggressive with forward momentum, continually putting opponents defences under pressure. I’m jealous
The way they handballed out trouble was a thing of beauty.

Out: Nicks
In: Rahilly

I’m increasingly convinced he was the reason for our small spike last season.

Ken Hinkley taking zero responsibility for his coaching performance in the presser and trying to pin it on the other staff and players sounds eerily familiar to our own coach, who just so happened to learn his craft from the great finals loser himself

Georgiades isn't getting a game ahead of Walker, Fog or RT. Our forward line is signficantly better than theirs. Rioli borderline, but isn't fit to lace Rankines boots nor racheles to be fair. Rioli kicked 30 goals this year - his highest ever and he is 30. Rachele is already doing that as a 21 year old.
Our forward line shits over theirs, there's no comparison between them

Looking at our forward line Fog, TT, Rankine and Rachele it's as good as Port's midfield.

If you were to put our forward line and their midfield together and had a decent coach you'd be looking at a multiple flag dynasty.

Out: Nicks
In: Rahilly

I’m increasingly convinced he was the reason for our small spike last season.
Agreed

I threw his name out there a few months ago as a potential Nicks replacement.

If we're going to go for another rookie then he's the first name I'd put in the mix.

The bottom line on Port is this.

Butters and JHF hide the true nature of the quality of the side. I would say less than 10 of those players who played tonight would make the crows best 22 and we finished 15th.
Butters goes missing in home and away games too when it gets hard too.

Even many of his 30 posessions games have minimal impact.

JHF is the real deal. Even last night he was still making an impact late. But had zero help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken Hinkley taking zero responsibility for his coaching performance in the presser and trying to pin it on the other staff and players sounds eerily familiar to our own coach, who just so happened to learn his craft from the great finals loser himself
Leaders who don't take responsibility are not leaders at all.

Port can't win now with Butters

If he's properly injured, then they are missing 2 of their 3 best players for the next final

If he gets up, he's soft as shit and needs to hand back his courageous award

I noticed Ken was quick to point out in his presser than Butters won that courage award, so clearly on his mind how soft his player is.

I heard that. Journo says something about 'as head coach are you expecting to cop some heat?'......Ken says something like, 'we're a coaching group, we all work together'. 😆

Also liked the one where a journo tee'd up an easy one, leading Ken into a comment asking for the supporters to come next week...... His response came across as he HATES their fans. He didn't want to beg them to come, he knows these people hate him. He couldn't bring himself to do it.

Port can't win now with Butters

If he's properly injured, then they are missing 2 of their 3 best players for the next final

If he gets up, he's soft as shit and needs to hand back his courageous award

I noticed Ken was quick to point out in his presser than Butters won that courage award, so clearly on his mind how soft his player is.
If they do somehow bounce back next week and beat Hawks or Dogs, they then have to travel to Sydney to take on Swans or the Giants. They are no chance in that game.

I actually think they will lose next week against either side. Port are now mentally cooked after last night.

The butters thread on the port board is great...look pre last nights final and then post last nights final

Imagine sitting out the second half of a critical final and then what if the scans show nothing and he is back out there for the next final...
Lol, wasn't this flog voted toughest AFL player or something the other week? 🤣🤣🤣

They are completely deluded with regards to their list - the drop off after the top 5 is insane.
Esava was a failed ruck/forward at Geelong, went back and turned into an ok interceptor. Geelong want to keep him, but Port and Hawks come hard for him due to poor defensive stocks. Port win his signature and pay a big price for him.

Fast forward 12 months, they’ve given up on him down back as he was a liability and started playing him in the original position he’s already a proven failure in to justify the pay packet. Classic.

Every potential recruit to Port should be shown this. You're never truly "one of them"
Agree 100%

They are cannibals and turn on themselves very quickly...

Calling him a North Adelaide flog though.. really...

The quicker these mupppets realise that these are TWO different clubs the better they will be.

There is a crisis of identity at Port Adelaide... worse than what we have here at the Crows right now.

The clinging onto the Magpies tradition and creed does not resonate at all with this playing group... Time to re invent the brand.

I keep saying the same about the crows... we need to to reinvent like the hawks have done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back