Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Both teams next week Port will struggle with, but I feel like the dogs will match up better.

The dogs have the midfield to match up against Port, but also I can’t see how Port will stop their forwardline.
I think im going the other way in that the Hawks will be better, especially with how the earlier result went this year and with a fit Will Day back. One of Ports trouble looks to be when the ball hits the deck in their defensive 50, in which the Hawks smalls will thrive.

Either way will be fascinating

Watching Gellong last night just reminded me of how far away we are and how important it is to have a good coach . They use precision kicking as a weapon and also very aggressive with forward momentum, continually putting opponents defences under pressure. I’m jealous
I feel like Walsh was our best chance of establishing a Geelong like culture

I feel like Walsh was our best chance of establishing a Geelong like culture
Who knows . It’s also about aggressive tactics and ball movement and understanding players strengths and leveraging them . Out coach is hell bent on dour arm wrestling and actively discourages flair. We are going nowhere at the moment.

Last edited:
Port can't win now with Butters

If he's properly injured, then they are missing 2 of their 3 best players for the next final

If he gets up, he's soft as shit and needs to hand back his courageous award

I noticed Ken was quick to point out in his presser than Butters won that courage award, so clearly on his mind how soft his player is.

Butters is cleared, sounds like he will play. It's a weird situation. He had no intention of playing the second half.

Boak looks done. They obviously think his leadership is valuable but his finals record is very poor.

Dixon has gone on one year too long. Literally plays for a free kick at every marking contest.

Boak looks done. They obviously think his leadership is valuable but his finals record is very poor.

Dixon has gone on one year too long. Literally plays for a free kick at every marking contest.
Boak played very well in the first half, as fast as I've seen him. Like the rest of the side, except JHF, he disappeared in the second half.

I thought he was done years ago, but he proved me wrong.

Butters is cleared, sounds like he will play. It's a weird situation. He had no intention of playing the second half.
Wait, what? Cleared.....so why did he sit out the second half then when his side absolutely needed him. If he was not right going in then don't play him but once he crossed the white line then its no excuse time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mentioned before but Giniver was really p1ssed on radio last night. I guess him, Delaney etc were part of the real port, not this lollypop tune manufactured franchise and it must kill them to see guys go through the motions when they would literally bleed for port to get the win

Friday Feeling Fri-Yay GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back