Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Esava was a failed ruck/forward at Geelong, went back and turned into an ok interceptor. Geelong want to keep him, but Port and Hawks come hard for him due to poor defensive stocks. Port win his signature and pay a big price for him.

Fast forward 12 months, they’ve given up on him down back as he was a liability and started playing him in the original position he’s already a proven failure in to justify the pay packet. Classic.
You know Port are struggling when Esava is replacing Todd Marshall up forward

It's just a jumper.
And the AFLW team wearing it now too, none of them who would have any idea of the history of it.

Somehow PAFC think the guernsey has superpowers.

They've completely lost touch with their history, removing the magpie reference from their guernseys and honour board completed that, they're now trying to refabricate it by playing in the PB guernseys.

Roger Delaney even admitting its now another club.
What a laugh. When the Poorts don't do what they want and they play shit, distance themselves from the club, that's literally not us, it can't be us.

Trying to preserve or count only the good times and good years as being part of them.

Sounds like Roger could have been behind the "when we win, it's Josh Carr. When we lose, it's Ken" thought pattern.

Roger Delaney even admitting its now another club.
Animated GIF

You know Port are struggling when Esava is replacing Todd Marshall up forward
Gave up 3 picks for him.
He's put on weight, too. Seems to happen to a lot of Port players and they're allowed to get away with it?
No way would Puddings Rioli be allowed to trawl around a beer belly like that at Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bevo has proven to be a quality finals coach given he has gotten them to two GFs outside of the top 4. Don't underestimate them should they get up tomorrow night, finals are a different ball game and we all know how Ken has fared in them.
Bang on, WB have a good midfield and forward line. I'd say their weakness is their defence, but Port's forward line looks bog average so shouldn't pose them to much danger.

It would be a massive turn around if Port could beat either of WB/Hawks next week, and I'm guessing the crowd will be half the size it was last night.

If Butters scan reveals he's fine then **** me that's soft to quit on your team half way through a game because you're "sore"
Can’t stand Butters but it was the right call made by the Port Adelaide medical staff. Player welfare is absolutely paramount and you only have to look at the consequences of the Petracca incident.

Do Port play Friday night? I really hope its the Bulldogs. I feel like the Hawks are going to have a flat game at some point.
That 1pt loss to the Power cost the Hawks a Top 4 place.

They wont have a flat game at AO, lock it in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back