Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's delicious reading them. There is no need to post.
Z73eazc.gif

Port are in that current position.
Hawks had the Power on toast in their last game vs Port at AO just a few months back.

They know they blew their chances when the Power stole that game, they wont make the same mistake.

Warner 13 disposals of his 27 in the last quarter, 7 clearances last quarter. 😳

Heeney a vital goal but just 3 disposals last quarter but 30 for the game and 3 goals.
Warner was Spud Murphy Q4 like LOL

I was almost breathless watching that, pressure was huge but Swans stood up and did the job. That's what finals quality players look like, that's what we need to find, too many of ours go missing when the pressure gets turned up.

Port are done if they get that far, will be bugger all support for them at the SCG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our midfield has 70-80% of the pieces but everyone is starting behind the eight ball.

We only just started putting Rankine in the midfield and only some of the time. Should have started there the moment we handed over pick 5.

Recruited Dawson then Dawson had to tell Nicks to play him in the midfield, after which he became All Australian.

Soligo took until his third season to get any real CBA time and is still treated like a fourth string mid. Didn't back in either of Rachele or Pedlar as a mid for any serious amount of time

Only just started playing Taylor after 3 seasons. Took until late to figure out Curtin wasn't a defender.

A midfield of Dawson, Rankine, Soligo and a top draft pick (without any of Crouch, Laird, Berry in the side) is a good starting point
Would be handy if we could see the best of Pedlar.

Would be handy if we could see the best of Pedlar.
Sadly, I've drawn a line through Pedlar now. Even pre-injury, his form was poor. He's had long enough to prove his worth, and I just don't think it's going to happen.

We are going to need to rely on the Hawks.

Just don’t trust Sydney.

Sydney had their flat patch in July/August. No Papley unbalanced their forward line and no doubt playing under heavy training loads - they ran all over the top of GWS today.

Port are having their flat patch in September. No Houston, Farrell unbalances their half-back line.

Must be the David MacKay development coach influence

Hawthorn’s pressure is elite in terms of how they get after the ground ball, and awesome field kicking skills

Like Breust 300th game, they will be up and about this week, no drop off against Port

I can’t see Port handling Hawthorn’s pressure

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, some of their field passing is freakishly good. It will be a fun game for neutrals I think.

Either: We get a blueprint on how to stop Hawthorn or straight sets 2 years in a row for Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back