Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No way Brisbane win the GF. No way.

They wont make it
Best example of Sliding Doors moment for them in 2024 was the Lions R23 loss to the Pies cost them the flag. Its that simple, leading by 4+ and got over run, it was a massive choke.

Had they won, they would have sat in 3rd place and played the Power at AO, who they literally tore apart a couple of months back.

Had they beaten the Power in W1, they would have won a home Prelim and most likely landed in a GF.

Needing to beat GWS away, then Cats at the G is a bridge too far for them. Even if by some miracle they did win both these games, it would mean a 3rd consecutive away trip for the GF at the G.

Plenty of sides have dished up awful performances this year and bounced back the next week.

The Hawks are due a huge let down at some point where everything goes wrong. That's just how the football gods work. I just hope its not this week.
Geelong got a hold of them at GMHBA earlier this year during their run of wins. That was after a 6 day break with a trip from Perth though.

Carlton may not have the best list or a fit list, but I don't rate Voss as a coach either. The Blues have been hot and cold for his entire tenure, and to be so 'cold' that you fail to kick a goal for an hour in finals is completely unacceptable.

I don't care who you play and if you're away - it's unacceptable. That's Hinkley-esque preparation and mindset.
I think he's done really well with Carlton. Had them playing high quality for a long period of time last year.

They've got 3 elite players: Curnow, Cripps and Weitering. Two bordering elite: McKay and Walsh. Then their 22 falls away big time. Some real average players make up half of their 22 and he's been able to get then playing well for 1.5 seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think Brisbane put the cue in the rack. They are just unreliable. They're as flaky as Port in finals.

Brisbane are flaky in general. Their GWS and Collingwood losses in the last month were prime examples.

Brisbane are flaky in general. Their GWS and Collingwood losses in the last month were prime examples.
GWS should account for the Lions & should worry the Cats too.

Lions can't win the flag outside the top 4 given their away record.

Opportunity missed though as may be a non-Victorian grand final.

GWS should account for the Lions & should worry the Cats too.

Lions can't win the flag outside the top 4 given their away record.

Opportunity missed though as may be a non-Victorian grand final.
The AFL would be salivating at the thought of Sydney-GWS GF.

While the rivalry was manufactured, the Clubs have learnt to hate each other over time.

The AFL would be salivating at the thought of Sydney-GWS GF.

While the rivalry was manufactured, the Clubs have learnt to hate each other over time.
Imo the best outcome

But can never discount Cats finals time.

Mitch Robinson is a bit if a winger. Clubs have to be fairly strict on who goes into the changerooms which is why it's done by invitation. They try to rotate it around but you can't have every past player and their family rock up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back