Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If the game was in the balance, do you think Butters would have gone off?

If the game is in the balance it might be worth the risk knowing he'd have a week off if they won. As it stood, better to sub him off so that he's fit for this week.

We all laughed when they played an underdone Rozee in the first Showdown which cost him more weeks.

If the game was in the balance, do you think Butters would have gone off?
Down 3 goals weren’t they?

I think no way does he come off unless they were concerned about his injury and no way he would have come off half time in a final if he didn’t believe he was injured. It’s ridiculous to suggest he would just light heartedly decide to sit out half a final.

Down 3 goals weren’t they?

I think no way does he come off unless they were concerned about his injury and no way he would have come off half time in a final if he didn’t believe he was injured. It’s ridiculous to suggest he would just light heartedly decide to sit out half a final.

Rib injuries are generally not 4 day injuries. I think there were more factors at play than just a "rib" injury.

That's what I am thinking but I was wrong last week. History says it eventually comes undone for a team like Hawks.

I think if the Hawks are in it at half time they should be alright but I'm worried Port could start well and get some confidence.

Actually since 2014, only 10 of the 18 Qualifying Losers have got thru, 8 didn’t.

They were only 20 points down at half time

Watching the mood and the effort after half time it was like they just put the cue in the rack
Cats kicked on in the early part of the third and Port's players just gave up. It was the kind of effort I'd expect from a team outside the 8 playing a dead rubber at the end of the season.

Port paying $2.33. Just put $50 on it.

Have this feeling they are going to win. Not through their own quality, but Hawks running out of puff. Allowing Port to do what they do best.....

$2.33 on home deck, can't go past that.

Port win, double my money.
Port lose, it cost me $50 to see em lose and then let the events unfold after two Straight Set losses in a row.

If Ken not sacked/walks, hold the popcorn Mikey.....

Hi guys excuse the intrusion but I have excess level 1 seated tickets for Friday night that I would like to get rid of.

Not having any luck on the Hawks board, thought I’d try here (before the Power board) as I’m sure they’d be situated in the Hawks area.

Happy to get rid of them for under face value at this point if anyone wants to go and watch some footy.

If anyone is keen shoot me a PM.

Once again sorry for the intrusion, thanks.

Huge win for Sydney with Callum Mills ruled out of the prelim.

Reckon he's played terribly this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge win for Sydney with Callum Mills ruled out of the prelim.

Reckon he's played terribly this year
Good for Taylor Adams who looked like he might have gone back to back GF heartbreaks

On Facebook, 7News posted a picture where the Port Adelaide cheer squad are looking for ideas for their banner.

Someone posted this:
Hawks are on fire , but Kenny is great.
Buses leave at 3QT so don't be late.
There are 3 pockets named after Betts
Come watch us go out in straight sets

He's one of their whipping boys, would have preferred a good player out.
If Butters plays, then expect every hawk to be slamming him in the tackle every time he gets the ball. Test those ribs out, negligence if they don't but with Mitchell as the coach, I am sure he will pay attention to even the smallest detail.

If Butters plays, then expect every hawk to be slamming him in the tackle every time he gets the ball. Test those ribs out, negligence if they don't but with Mitchell as the coach, I am sure he will pay attention to even the smallest detail.

He made interesting comments yesterday at his press conference. Mentioned there are rules against targeting of injuries etc, it's not something they will do.

My take is, either they have dotted all their T's, checked the rules and have decided to leave Butters alone, to not risk suspensions.

OR, they have checked the rules and they don't expect suspensions, just fines. So will target him, but aren't broadcasting it.

Anyone know what the rules say?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back