Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He made interesting comments yesterday at his press conference. Mentioned there are rules against targeting of injuries etc, it's not something they will do.

My take is, either they have dotted all their T's, checked the rules and have decided to leave Butters alone, to not risk suspensions.

OR, they have checked the rules and they don't expect suspensions, just fines. So will target him, but aren't broadcasting it.

Anyone know what the rules say?
Those "rules" relate only to targetting players injured during the match, e.g., when running off the ground.
When someone is selected from scratch, they are fair game regardless.

If I was Port for a finals game I'd go for a forward line of Lord and Georgiadis plus smalls. Lord to ruck as required.

I wouldn't bother with Dixon, Ratugolea or Marshall. Makes for a small forward line but they need a fresh look and just might get lucky for one game.

Ryan Burton ruled out, Sinn has to play now.

He made interesting comments yesterday at his press conference. Mentioned there are rules against targeting of injuries etc, it's not something they will do.

My take is, either they have dotted all their T's, checked the rules and have decided to leave Butters alone, to not risk suspensions.

OR, they have checked the rules and they don't expect suspensions, just fines. So will target him, but aren't broadcasting it.

Anyone know what the rules say?
That's rich after what they did to Rankine

If Butters plays, then expect every hawk to be slamming him in the tackle every time he gets the ball. Test those ribs out, negligence if they don't but with Mitchell as the coach, I am sure he will pay attention to even the smallest detail.
If Butters was truly subbed out with ribs and not the heart muscle last week, he will be out of the game by half time this week.....

If Butters was truly subbed out with ribs and not the heart muscle last week, he will be out of the game by half time this week.....
Post on the Port Power board saying they've heard Butters is still very sore and likely to miss.

Injuries is the perfect excuse for Kenny.
He can't kick it for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I can see what he's talking about, Port have the ball here:
View attachment 2108600

If Rozee gets the ball from a short kick now, is King going to go on about Holmes abandoning Rozee to try and get possession?
Maybe its more port sweating off on the offensive side hoping for the ball and then not tracking back once they lost the ball.

The hawks apparently pounded port when they last played in this area of the game

While I can see what he's talking about, Port have the ball here:
View attachment 2108600

If Rozee gets the ball from a short kick now, is King going to go on about Holmes abandoning Rozee to try and get possession?

I don't think it's abandoning Rozee, it's hedging your bets defensively.

The Geelong player in the upper right who's off Rozee is in a great position to impact offensively or defensively. If Port win the ball, having coverage there means Port are forced to the boundary rather than the corridor. That's where Rozee has front run to. But if they win the ball offensively, that player is free in the corridor to impact while Rozee is caught boundary side.

I don't think it's abandoning Rozee, it's hedging your bets defensively.

The Geelong player in the upper right who's off Rozee is in a great position to impact offensively or defensively. If Port win the ball, having coverage there means Port are forced to the boundary rather than the corridor. That's where Rozee has front run to. But if they win the ball offensively, that player is free in the corridor to impact while Rozee is caught boundary side.
Port love the corridor.

First rule in beating them is to deny it.

really torn on this
Port Lose - Hinkley gets the sack
Port Win - Hinkley likely stays

plus I dont want another Hawthorn dynasty
Port to win tomorrow night then lose preliminary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back