Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Board Member everyone

Ken has Tredrea's support?

From untenable to support with no real change in results.

Kochie did well clamping the biggest agitator against Ken.

I bet the Lemming Tealsters will whoop this up without realising Tredders is now under Koch's thumb.

Put your tipping rep on the line.

Who wins next week?

I'm calling it now. Sydney were watching and plotting and now they're waiting and will ****ing smoke Port next week.

...and I hope this ages well 🤣
Agree.

So far I have picked Cats to beat Port (wasn't expecting a flogging though), Port to bounce back last night & then easy win to Swans.

Ken has Tredrea's support?

From untenable to support with no real change in results.

Kochie did well clamping the biggest agitator against Ken.

I bet the Lemming Tealsters will whoop this up without realising Tredders is now under Koch's thumb.
100%

But I was more interested in a board member retweeting and laughing at a clip calling James Sicily “missily”

I also think Port will smash Sydney. Sydney have been cooked for weeks now.
Lol, what?
Did you miss last week's game v GWS?
Was a quality win.

Interesting that James Sicily has come out and said he'll back the players whether they are right or wrong

Certainly not how we operate

Just on the Ginnivan comment to Grundy … what exactly should he have commented to his mate?

“See u in 14 days, hopefully - I mean Port are a really good team with great tradition and I’d never disrespect the effort we will need to bring as s team to get past such a powerhouse and earn the privilege of meeting your much lauded Swans in a prelim.“

Some people might need a reminder about the kind of player Sam Mitchell was. Great player, but a dirty sniper. Him and Jordan Lewis represented the worst of Hawks culture in that era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18. Jason Horne-Francis

Was “absolutely everywhere” in the words of SEN’s Dwayne Russell during the second quarter, as Port upped the ante around the ground. Poor dissent free kick late in second term. Went into the final quarter with a quad concern and started at full-forward, and delivered big time with a floating snap on goal. Hobbled off the ground in significant pain with three minutes to go with a suspected hamstring injury. 7

anyone know anything more. If he misses they are screwed

Who are we backing tonight?

Bedford back for the Giants is huge. Assume he'll go to Neale or McCluggage.
Should be a decent game.

I'm predicting GWS win, then they go all the way to beat the Swans in the big dance.

18. Jason Horne-Francis

Was “absolutely everywhere” in the words of SEN’s Dwayne Russell during the second quarter, as Port upped the ante around the ground. Poor dissent free kick late in second term. Went into the final quarter with a quad concern and started at full-forward, and delivered big time with a floating snap on goal. Hobbled off the ground in significant pain with three minutes to go with a suspected hamstring injury. 7

anyone know anything more. If he misses they are screwed
Just cramp.

Now that it is September he is carrying that side with Butters and Rozee irrelevant in tough games.

Tough for a third year player......much respect

And the AFL will love it. Think of the ratings in Sydney!!
The reason why they pour so much funding into NSW/QLD junior footy and set up their AFL academy system and access for the 4 AFL clubs.

AFL is a TV league.

SA is the orphaned step child now.

Who are we backing tonight?

Bedford back for the Giants is huge. Assume he'll go to Neale or McCluggage.

Tough game to pick. GWS smashed Brisbane at home early in the year, and really only beat them at the GABBA due to Brisbane's poor kicking and general flakiness.

I reckon GWS get it done though. And I reckon they make the GF from there.

Probably the best result tbh. Hawks were always going to run out of steam and played a terrible game. Still should have pinched it.

Now Port can go and lose to Swans by 30, they’ll call it an honourable loss, and Ken is safe for another year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back