Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have been a great finals series to be part of.

The ‘in form’ teams of the competition - GWS, Hawks and Port, all out.

Sydney have been in bad form. Second half of the season were woeful, then got out of jail against GWS.

Geelong, people were saying they’re going out in straight sets, only top 4 due to an easy draw etc, yet they’re favourites to get in.

Even Brishane got 44 points behind in the semi and can’t seem to win at the MCG.

For me, Geelong win it from here. When you consider this is such a ‘down’ year where anyone can win it, no true powerhouses etc… for the Cats to win is a real shame.

Crows fans are asleep after a beautiful night in Sydney. :rainbow:

No problems this is a 24/7 job, I got it covered Im doing the late night shift from 2am to 5am trolling Port.:thumbsu:

Did the Advertiser foreshadow Port's Final series? This was the front page of the Advertiser leading up to Port's first final.:D

1.png

I know the powa players and Kenny must have been disappointed with their crushing loss but why didn’t they show respect and stay out on the ground and from a guard of honour for 250 game rampe a significant milestone. Shades of Hawthorn in final was it 2007 when Roos milestone was not acknowledged by them because they were too busy celebrating their victory Poor form Kenny “ You won’t be flying next week fu..er”

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically got told they got lucky last week, made a massive deal about a stupid Instagram post and got smashed to pieces again tonight and in the first week. Small time mentality. Reality bites.

Summed it up well. I think Hinkley will walk in the next few weeks. Last week was unusual behaviour, I don't think he has another year in him as all the questions about his contract will return.

Unless Ken does one more year but they announce officially Carr for 2026.

So basically, Port finishes second (largely thanks to a very generous draw) and had home ground advantage.
They then got spanked.
Then they beat the team that finished 7th in a close game where the Hawks had multiple chances to win it.
They then got spanked again.

Yeh they really weren’t even close.
Yep. In reality they actually did about expected although the real anomoly was the geelong belting at home. Not many saw that coming, a loss maybe but not of that magnitude. Finishing top 4 they made a prelim and got outplayed in an away final after a very taxing semi final the week before. I actually think they are extracting every drop out of a side that has genuine on ball quality and pretty much not much else. Without genuine quality now coming in up front and down back, its hard to see how they take that team further and if they lose one of those key mids ie butters, they could really slide in coming seasons

Yep. In reality they actually did about expected although the real anomoly was the geelong belting at home. Not many saw that coming, a loss maybe but not of that magnitude. Finishing top 4 they made a prelim and got outplayed in an away final after a very taxing semi final the week before. I actually think they are extracting every drop out of a side that has genuine on ball quality and pretty much not much else. Without genuine quality now coming in up front and down back, its hard to see how they take that team further and if they lose one of those key mids ie butters, they could really slide in coming seasons

I agree with most of that.

The positives would be that Sweet appears to have fixed their ruck problems, Visentini will probably overtake him but Sweet can at least be competitive until then.

Georgadies looks a better player than 12 months ago. If Scully and/or Lord can improve then they have a long term forward line to work with.

Burgoyne looks a player. Bergmann might not stick around but has improved.

On the flipside they have alot of average players who are probably not up to the standard of a role player.

Dixon and Boak are done. Aliir, Wines and Rioli only have a few more years in them.

They have something to work with but have plenty of gaps. They need to go to the draft for a few years.

We are Port Adelaide. Crows that is. Neither club equipped or willing to make the hard decisions. State of denial. We are very lucky they have been unable to capitalise in the last ten years. A long way beck from here for both clubs.

Big difference is we in my view have a lot more young talent coming through than they do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back