Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon your view would be different if he played for us. He had sore ribs against Hawks.

He was tagged and still had 20 touches.

Seen how Rankine has played when tagged?
Rankine is never touted as a Brownlow favourite.

Can you remember anything he did with the 20 touches?

Him going missing when games get hard is a big reason they don't do well in Finals.

Not much Ken Hinkley, or any coach can do about it. He is a one way player who needs quality around him to make big plays and influence games. Not be a game changer.

Fun Finals Facts with Grotto

After last night Ken Hinkley has extended his extraordinary AFL record even further. :thumbsu:

The most games coached at any club without progressing to a Grand Final.
It's not just one club, he's had that for a while. It's at all, because Bill Stephen coached at multiple clubs without ever making a granny. And he's done it all at one club. History in the making.

Rankine is never touted as a Brownlow favourite.

Can you remember anything he did with the 20 touches?

Him going missing when games get hard is a big reason they don't do well in Finals.

Not much Ken Hinkley, or any coach can do about it. He is a one way player who needs quality around him to make big plays and influence games. Not be a game changer.
You forgetting the hype around Rankine this year and that we gave up pick 5 for him?

What would your honest opinion be if Butters played for us?

Hinkley has continued to top up for missing pieces giving away valuable picks for duds and will leave their list at a worst state then when he took over. We have a core group of quality youngsters coming through so ours isn't as a long way back as most think.
Agree but history shows we are unlikely to take advantage

You forgetting the hype around Rankine this year and that we gave up pick 5 for him?

What would your honest opinion be if Butters played for us?
Would be the same.

Yep Rankine is similar. Maybe check out around when we traded for him. I wasn't too happy with what we paid.

He is looking like a potential elite outside mid. Maybe I am wrong.

I don't think we can build the midfield around him, like Butters, he will need a proper midfield leader.

They have JHF for that role. We have ?????

Would be the same.

Yep Rankine is similar. Maybe check out around when we traded for him. I wasn't too happy with what we paid.

I don't think we can build the midfield around him, like Butters, he will need a proper midfield leader.

I'll make a statement and say Charlie Edwards.

Has some attributes we sorely lack in that midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I think we will see a repeat of last night's game today.

Brisbane only just got over the line last week and will struggle to go with Geelong for four quarters.
It looks that way, but Geelong played the perfect game 2 weeks ago. If the Lions click for a full game they'll make it interesting

Would be the same.

Butters isn't anywhere near Rankines level.

Imagine being able to go into a prelim final having dropped Zach Tuohy and with De Koning as a sub.
Oh and also not rushing back Hawkins, because, you actually pick the best team, not guys because they 'deserve' it.
Oh and then adding in an elite mid for next year.
Far out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back