Game Day AFL First Qualifying Final - COLLINGWOOD vs HAWTHORN Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just in case any of you need a little bit of venom/fire in your belly/blood-lust?... http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/precise-hawks-to-cut-pies-to-shreds-20120906-25hec.html Sure you would love to prove one of the biggest twats in football wrong.
If you win because of Cloke fires, you can thank our woeful defense for playing him into form.
Hard to take that article seriously when he mentions that Beams has trailled off in recent weeks. Give me a spell!!

Robert Walls is one of the biggest flogs writing "articles" about our game.
Watch him change his tune if we get up tonight. I said in another thread I feel sick having read his drivel. **** off Walls you campaigner.

Gameday, seeing some mates at work decked out in our member gear. Good stuff!
I foresee a raging headache at half time from beers and extreme cheers, my vocal warm ups will begin about 6pm on the walk to the 'G, traveller in hand, my 2 brothers with me, and surrounded by the faithful, the fanatical, the members and supporters of the Mighty Magpies!

****in carn the pies!!!!!

I simply cannot wait for tonight's game! Esky organized in mates car for pre game drinks and banter in the car park.

I feel I am "peeking" too early reading about the Pies in all the papers and Big Footy. I really should get myself busy to take my mind off the game until I leave for the G at 1500.

I, like other supporters here, have a strange feeling that the Pies will be able to get up for a famous win tonight. The majority of our team have been there and done that and know what it takes to win finals. The added bonus is we're the underdogs tonight and all the non believers have written us off and given us little to no hope.

I'm certain the boys will be fired up and do the club proud in an epic battle against the Hawks. I'm tipping the Pies by 6 points and Fas to kick the winner late in the final term. If it didn't feel so good, it would almost be wrong to love this club and a bunch of men so much. What a famous win for the ages it will be on our way to our 16th flag!

GO PIES!

Clinton Young and Brent Guerra are MASSIVE outs. We are a real sneaky chance tonight.

Young missed last time. Didn't Buddy as well?

Didn't ball game, but im more concerned about our guys executing than the ins and outs of the Hawks.

Didn't ball game, but im more concerned about our guys executing than the ins and outs of the Hawks.
Not sure if he missed but either way its still a big out for them and of course its more a concern about us more then them but its still helpful to the cause

Buddy and Hodge missed last time, Young and Guerra were there and smashed us with their kicking, two big outs to match the two big ins from the last time we played them.

Robert Walls is hatin' on the Pies again:

haters-be-hatin-23290.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy and Hodge missed last time, Young and Guerra were there and smashed us with their kicking, two big outs to match the two big ins from the last time we played them.

Yeah, that rings a bell.

Whilst i concede, its always better to have Young and Guerra out, im more concerned about our guys focusing on what we need to do to win, not the ins and outs.

They finished on top for a reason. They have damaging players all around the park.

Robert Walls is hatin' on the Pies again:

haters-be-hatin-23290.gif

Meh, to his credit, he has thrown some hand grenades in his own backyard of late with the Ratten ordeal.

So long as he is consistent and objective.

Meh, to his credit, he has thrown some hand grenades in his own backyard of late with the Ratten ordeal.

So long as he is consistent and objective.

1/2 on the consistent and objective score.

He does consistently hate on us. It's predictable but that giant testicle Walls just gets on my ****.

Lets not worry about that Walls ****-knuckle. Us reading his article on the website = hits for advertsiers = hits for his drivel. If we dont read his shit, maybe he will disappear o_O

The players wont give a shit what he says, nor should they.
The players should only care what Bucks coaches and what each other say/do for each other.

Uphold the Magpie name.

I thought it was a decent article by Walls, sure he hates us but he wasn't far off the mark IMO.

Just in case any of you need a little bit of venom/fire in your belly/blood-lust?... http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/precise-hawks-to-cut-pies-to-shreds-20120906-25hec.html Sure you would love to prove one of the biggest twats in football wrong.
If you win because of Cloke fires, you can thank our woeful defense for playing him into form.
Gold.

I hope Bucks shows the boys before they run out. The funny this is, I don't really disagree with a couple of his sentiments (particuarly around Wellingham and Swan). I hope it gives them an extra motive to perform.

It's funny how he says glowing things about every aspect of the Hawks outfit, but just degrades the Pies and speaks of mediocrity... and yet he tips a mere 5 goal margin. Going out on a limb there, Robert.

1/2 on the consistent and objective score.

He does consistently hate on us. It's predictable but that giant testicle Walls just gets on my ****.

I don't mind him.

You always have to question the agenda of an ex Carlton person when speaking about Collingwood, reverse applies also.

I think we've also given the media plenty of opportunities to shit all over us at this stage.

I thought it was a decent article by Walls, sure he hates us but he wasn't far off the mark IMO.

You could argue that everything he said was accurate as long as you're prepared to accept his "glass half empty" view of the CFC. Sorry mate, if it was anyone else that authored the article I wouldn't be as cynical...

I don't mind him.

You always have to question the agenda of an ex Carlton person when speaking about Collingwood, reverse applies also.

I think we've also given the media plenty of opportunities to shit all over us at this stage.

Can't argue with that at all, and wont there be some happy campers in the media if we get done tonight? :)

I hope the boys do what we know they're capable of and give Hawthorn (who have been excellent in 2012) a hell of a fight.

Rob has a good point. Beams has definitely trailed off a bit in the last four weeks - down from his usual 35 & 3 to 34 & 2...
For a so called "expert" he really has no idea.

Alot of us Hawks are nervous about this one. Pies are a class unit with finals experience, and anything can happen in September - I have a feeling tonight will be a lot tighter than the odds (and majority of predictions) are currently suggesting.
Hawks by 2 pts - best of luck!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL First Qualifying Final - COLLINGWOOD vs HAWTHORN Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back