Preview AFL Preliminary Final - Pies vs Hawks - Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with the wish it was game day/time crowd, so anxious for this one to start.

Was super pumped a couple of months ago, thinking finals, might have gone too early, starting to hit the wall. Still when game time rolls around it will be great.

Still confident we will play well, well enough to take care of the Hawks and march on to the GF.

Always feels like mon-wed is a crawl and then the week speeds up from thur onwards, game time will be here before we know it!

Rioli certainly has the potential for a much higher upper limit, but will Rioli ever be more than just potential? At the moment they're output would be pretty square.
I always laugh when I hear commentators say "With Franklin and Rioli in the team...."
How often has Franklin kicked a decent bag since 2008? I think twice he's kicked 6 goals, is that right? Both against poor sides.
And Rioli, well, shocking record against good teams.
He has kicked 6 goals twice this year and 1 bag of 8, he also kicked 6 against you guys in 09 and 10. Franklin is the most consistent forward in the game mate its not about whether he kicks 10 goals every week, name a forward that just about every week kicks 4-5 goals a game? not just for 1 year he has been doing it for 4 years. I understand you probably dont watch many hawks games but that sort of ignorance towards him is hard to fathom. The media hype about franklin and rioli in regards to goals between them is over the top, rioli's worth is far greater than just a goal sneak. thats what most people dont understand, sure he doesn't get it as much as he could but he doesn't need to, if he dominated games he would win a brownlow medal easily such is his ability. People seem to forget he is still only 22.

Seriously, will this game ****ing start already.

It feels like about 2 months since the last time we saw Dale Thomas or Ben Reid play, let alone the actual team at or near their best.

The Cats and Pies will win, as they should, but my god would I love to be able to time travel to 7.45pm on Friday night, because the wait is starting to drive me nuts.:cool:

Yep, I'm a little delirious too, I've been up since 5am and........................
Thank god the game is a Friday game, I don't think I could stand waiting the whole Saturday if we had a Saturday night game.:eek:

matty - calm down ol son.

maybe take a leaf out of daves book and take a quick trip north.
you know, a spa, a feed of chips, a box of tissues....................

then again :rolleyes:

matty - calm down ol son.

maybe take a leaf out of daves book and take a quick trip north.
you know, a spa, a feed of chips, a box of tissues....................

then again :rolleyes:

Haha, I don't have the luxury of taking a holiday like Dave.:cool:

But yes, I have calmed down, although I am still waiting anxiously for this game to start.

Training is at 10am tomorrow apparently, might head down and see how the boys are going, that might pass the time a bit. (and as luck would have it I have tomorrow off:)).

I just hope the Hawks will be able to make a game of it for a quarter or two. It'd be a shame if such an anticipated final was a total whitewash, if they can get close to us at quarter or even halftime then it'll be a lot more exciting than the slaughter we expect to see.

It has been interesting all week reading that Hawthorn weren't at full strength last time. No mention of Beams (who had been averaging 29 disposals post his Essendon game), Didak (who is a dual AA), Johnson & Chris Dawes, who broke his thumb in the 1st quarter.

Jolly was also playing his 1st game since Anzac Day.

I think thats weird as well, if you go back and read through their post match thread even they say it wasn't the players they missed that cost them the game it was that the chip chip style Clarkson had them playing didn't work against the press. Now a few months on apparently getting some players back will make them competitive? I don't think it will to be honest.

It has been interesting all week reading that Hawthorn weren't at full strength last time. No mention of Beams (who had been averaging 29 disposals post his Essendon game), Didak (who is a dual AA), Johnson & Chris Dawes, who broke his thumb in the 1st quarter.

Ssssssshhhh. We want Hawks supporters thinking we were at full strength in Round 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WE are never under-strength.

Reid and Tarrent keep franklin to 2 goals. Keep gibson in 1 on 1 contests, dont let him run over to help his teammates out, expose the rest of the defence. Win our fair share of clearances.

Reid and Tarrent keep franklin to 2 goals. Keep gibson in 1 on 1 contests, dont let him run over to help his teammates out, expose the rest of the defence. Win our fair share of clearances.

Plan A was let Xavier Ellis get the ball, looks like we'll have to resort to Plan B then.

I thought it was always, ALWAYS kick to schoenmakers.

Clear out the 50 and whoever is on Schoemakers can fight it out one-on-one, the game will be over 15 minutes in:D

On a serious note I've never felt a longer wait for a match, the past few days have been an absolute bore, the paper's talk rubbish about Franklin and coaches and can't even deliver a good insight into the match.

Cannot wait for Friday.

There's no doubt in my mind that if Buddy plays he will play with pain killing injections and will be hampered. The question is whether Mick will exploit Buddy's obvious problems. Sydney allowed Buddy to play a style last week that meant his knee was never really put under much stress. If you watch the game back you'll see that Buddy almost never jumped at anything and watching him train yesterday showed clearly that he's favouring his bad knee. Obviously it would be a mistake to assume he can't have an influence as it seems Sydney did last week but Taz should tear him a new one if he plays him close. Hawks are on a hiding to nothing with Buddy. To progress they need to play him but he may prove to be their achillies heel. They won't have the cattle to stretch Collingwood's defence the way they did to Sydney with Hale so you'd imagine we've got a huge advantage if we play it right. Can't wait for that first bounce... Bring it on!

Can't wait to totally obliterate Hawthorn... Got that feeling that we are gonna roll them like sushi. The first time we have gone in full strength in a long, long time... I know some players are a bit underdone, but you gotta remember these guys are professional atheletes and whilst they might lose touch, collectively they will pull together and put on a show. Thomas is gonna explode. Has been quiet for a while, and suspended of course, but i think they will focus on Swanny and Pendles. Thomas to expose them with his run. Backline is finally back to its best.. And if you think about it, we have been in a rut ever since Shaw went out.

I got a fever.. and the only prescription, is more cowbell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back