Preview AFL Rd 18 - Coll v Suns Prematch Discussion, DaVe 86's Preview post 65 - Teams post 106

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicco_jj

Bigfooty Kid
Apr 27, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
INTRO and EDIT

Hi all,

This will become the start of the Prematch Thread, for all selection and prematch discussion of the historic, first ever Collingwood v Suns clash.

We would welcome any Suns posters to come and join us to discuss the game, give us your insights etc.

Thanks....back to Nicco jj now...:)

Toovey just tweeted "Finger is back in place and is feeling as good as it can be. Should be fine for next week :)"

so, we can pressume he'll be in? or will he be rested and Goldsack/buckley brought in?

Possible outs: Pendlebury, Toovey, Krakouer (???) - probably others.

Possible ins: Dids, Caff, Goldsack, Buckley, Young, Bolton, Sinclair, Thomas (josh).

I know some of the ins are unrealistic (Bolton)... but it would be a good game to debut...

Mick has stated that he doubts Dids will play... but who knows.

I don't think rounds, Keefe or fas will be dropped. I would say Krak for sub if he plays. Fas to start.

I would also like Keefe to play backline and have tarrant up forward with cloke. There is no way that tarrant will be ineefective in the forward line. Keefe will be fine in backline, cause GC's forwards are like VFL anyways, and it will make it easier for him to play back with the likes of reid and co helping him out.
I would think this will be a good game to bring Buckley in. make him stand up in the absence of shaw.
Swan and Thomas need to cancel out Ablett. He is a danger.

I think Pendlebury could be rested to give Fasolo more time in the midfield and to rest his shoulder.
Tooves is likely to have a rest. don't want him having an injury made worse.

As i said... would love to see tarrant go forward this week.... really would... and he will make the most of it. Perfect time to chuck Keefe in the backline.

what do you think?

(p.s. board moderators - i understand that this will prob be deleted once pre-match discussion thread is posted)

Re: Ins against the suns

Thought Keefe was pretty ineffective for the most part of the game, but he definitely needs to keep getting runs in the first so I wouldn't pull him out.

Re: Ins against the suns

Josh Thomas to debut in front of his family, make it happen.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

I would like to see us rest a few players here, even though the Suns won this week, it will be a virtual training run for our boys.

No idea on the specific ins and outs, I'd say the best 3 listed players in the VFL tomorrow should come in.:)

ins vs the suns

swoop - why was the ins for suns match thread moved to the essendon prematch thread?????

EDIT No idea Nicco, I assume it was an oversight, but we'll try and unmerge them

PS Done! Thanks Quicky

Re: ins vs the suns

swoop - why was the ins for suns match thread moved to the essendon prematch thread?????
I think the mods are considering the Suns match a non event, and already looking ahead to the Essendon game.:p;)

AFL Rd 18 - Pies v Suns Prematch & Selection Discussion

Appears we missed a round.

INs: Caff (needs gametime now), Buckley
OUTs: Keefe, Pendles (Shoulder niggle/rest)

Dids 1 more week. Beams 2 more. Dawes 3 more. Shaw 7 more.

1st game against the new boys and 1st game against the AFL Pies for Sam Iles, Danny Stanley & Josh Fraser.

Sold out. If we 'come to play', I expect an easy win. Travis may not have as easy a day as many expect. Bock is a bloody good defender but many others will get off the chain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Rd 18: Pies v Suns Prematch & selection discussion

I'd love to see Josh Thomas debut in front of his family on the Gold Coast, plus it would be great to show the Suns one player who got away.:)

MaCaffer has to return, and it's time to start resting some players, especially for some of our easier interstate trips versus the Suns or Power.

Pendles and Toovey to rest this week, maybe even Jolly so he can play his 200th in Melbourne the week after.:)

In: Wood, Didak, Caffa, Goldsack (all if fit)
Out: Jolly, Ball, Tarrant, Krakouer (rest the older brigade, and Jolly hit his knee again could do without the plane trip); if Reid's groin doesn't come up, then Taz stays in.

Davis, Reid, Maxwell
O'Brien, Keeffe, Toovey
Johnson, Swan, Thomas
Didak, LBrown, Fasolo
Macacffer, Cloke, Sidebottom
Wood, Pendlebury, Blair
Wellingham, McCarthy, Rounds, Goldsack

Emerg: JThomas, Seedsman, Young

With Ball rested, Blair, JMac and Wellers to take on more extraction work; possibly helped by JThomas if he plays a blinder in the VFL today.

My first thoughts for this match are, with all due respect to GC, that it is a perfect opportunity to rest some players before finals.

Out: Pendlebury(shoulder), Toovey(hand), Krakouer, Reid(groin), Ball
In: Macaffer, Goldsack, Sinclair, Seedsman, Buckley

Hopefully Didak gets up as it would be the perfect game to get him into some form

Out: Ball (rest), Pendles (rest), Thomas (rest), Tarrant (Rest), Toovey (inj), Reid (inj/rest)
In: Who cares

I think we should rest our most important midfielders; Swan and Jolly needs to keep player to keep their fitness up.

Give Krak run in the mids and let Sharrod spend the whole game on Ablett.

We won't lose.

Edit. Oh yea and Toovey and Reid, forgot about their injury concerns.

Actually just rest everyone over 25 years of age except Swan, Krak, Davis, Jolly and BJ :D

Personally I hope we leave as many seniors players home as possible. Rest up, give some young players a chance (seedmens young thomas) and make the game interesting !

I am happy enough to "rest" some players for this game, particularly anyone that is sore.

Keeffe should not be and won't be dropped. His role is pivotal. Need another tall option to ensure Cloke is not triple teamed. IMO, Keeffe has done quite well considering how limited his knowledge is as a forward- mostly playing as a key back in the VFL. It's a great learning curve for him.

Would love to bring in the Caff, all things being equal and he gets through the VFL game today.

Need to start getting some senior games into him because we saw last year how pivotal he was in the run home + finals.

Josh Thomas would be a great debutant in front of his hometown and family, however would be a long shot but you never know his form holds up in the twos today.

Re: AFL Round 19 - Coll v Essendon Prematch and Selection Discussion

Doesn't the Gold Coast game count? If the thread were started by a Collingwood supporter, we could be acccused of arrogance.

Some explanation.

Brad, a Bomber poster started a thread re the Bombers game, and it took off a bit by the time we saw it, so the decision was made to rename the thread and just allow it to kick earlier then normal, off as the official Essendon PreMatch Thread.

No disrespect to GC at all.

Then another thread " Ins and Outs v Suns' got mistakenly merged into it :eek:

Bay Pie has started a proper Prematch Thread v Suns - and if i could transfer the GC posts from here to there believe me I would...but sadly I lack the required skills :eek:

I know Quicky can do this but he's offline.

PS demerged now.

Re: AFL Rd 18 - Pies v Suns Prematch & Selection Discussion

IN: Caff, Buckley, Didak
OUT: Pendles (general soreness), Rounds and one of either Reid/Toovey due to their niggles.

Keep Keeffe for some more gametime just in case we need him later in the year.
Didak should come back and try and get some of last years confidence back, I'd love to see him fire up again, especially this time of the year.
Caff needs to come in now if we want him for finals, needs to build up to some of the tougher H&A games later in the year (Freo and Geelong).

We can rest other important players like Ball/Tarrant/Thomas/Jolly against Port or Brisbane.

Re: AFL Rd 18 - Pies v Suns Prematch & Selection Discussion

I'm keen on Didak playing if he's fit. This is the sort of game he needs to get him back into form.

Rest players if they are injured otherwise all systems go. Just because it is Gold Coast, this is not the time for complacency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back