Preview AFL Rd 23 - Collingwood v North Melb - MCG Sunday 3.20pm Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We were also only 5 points down at 3/4 time after giving them a 6 goal head start and from memory we hit the lead early in the last I think before they over ran us again.

Yeah that's right. Dockers over ran the Pies. I was at that game. Andy gave me some tickets cos he played. Kicked two goals. The Freo crowd was noisy as hell too.

So I just saw that we are playing late Sunday afternoon. When the hell did that happen? What kind of bull$&%# is that?? We will finish 5th/6th, surely we deserve better than the second last game of the round? (I've been away for 6 weeks so slightly behind the 8 ball...)

So I just saw that we are playing late Sunday afternoon. When the hell did that happen? What kind of bull$&%# is that?? We will finish 5th/6th, surely we deserve better than the second last game of the round? (I've been away for 6 weeks so slightly behind the 8 ball...)

The top 4 and games with 2 top 8 teams rightfully get preference ahead of us, it's the only option the AFL had

Because we would prefer to play Port. Build a big lead and rest in the 4th qtr.

Port beat us and we beat Carlton twice. Why on earth would we have any fear of the Blues?

The top 4 and games with 2 top 8 teams rightfully get preference ahead of us, it's the only option the AFL had
Not really, we have a farcical situation where Adelaide and West Coast won't be playing finals, and they're playing on Saturday.

Richmond will almost certainly be playing on the Sunday in week one while we play will play on Saturday, and yet the games are reversed in round 23.

Ludicrous.

Not really, we have a farcical situation where Adelaide and West Coast won't be playing finals, and they're playing on Saturday.

Richmond will almost certainly be playing on the Sunday in week one while we play will play on Saturday, and yet the games are reversed in round 23.

Ludicrous.

Yes but they are playing at PS, where as the MCG is already taken on saturday thanks to Richmond V Essendon (2* finals teams) and Richmond are also above us on the ladder, so naturally that game gets preference

Yes but they are playing at PS, where as the MCG is already taken on saturday thanks to Richmond V Essendon (2* finals teams) and Richmond are also above us on the ladder, so naturally that game gets preference
But now we have a six day break while Richmond gets eight...could have easily been made seven each. North are a bigger chance of making finals than Essendon too.

Plus there's nothing stopping the MCG hosting two games in one day.

But now we have a six day break while Richmond gets eight...could have easily been made seven each. North are a bigger chance of making finals than Essendon too.

But we have a 9 day break leading into the norf game.

Either way an extra day break is going to do nothing to impact the game, players fully recover fast nowadays thanks to extreme fitness levels

But we have a 9 day break leading into the norf game.

Either way an extra day break is going to do nothing to impact the game, players fully recover fast nowadays thanks to extreme fitness levels
Well the 9 day break is sort of a problem...it's wasted and compromised with a 6 day break. Anybody would rather 7 days followed by 8, or the other way around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ludicrous.
When the round 23 fixture was settled, Essendon were in the 4 & Richmond 6th (I think), Pies were 7th or 8th & North out of it....so it made sense back then.
Now in hindsight it would seem appropriate if they swapped those games...but too late, not going to happen.

When the round 23 fixture was settled, Essendon were in the 4 & Richmond 6th (I think), Pies were 7th or 8th & North out of it....so it made sense back then.
Now in hindsight it would seem appropriate if they swapped those games...but too late, not going to happen.

I think the problem was C7 wanted to televise the game and to fit in the other top 4 requirements earlier on meant the only other available FTA timeslot was Sunday afternoon.

Anyway, I assume Bucks will have a group of emergencies where he can swing around changes depending on the outcome of the Port vs Carlton game and the Richmond vs Essendon game. If Port wins and we are effectively playing an elimination I am not sure he would want to take in any players who were not 100%, despite the Hawks beating us it was a very physical contest.

If you have another look at the game, on more than one occasion he had an opportunity to pass the ball (to a person in a better position) but went for goal. It is a team game at senior level not junior when you go for goal. Not good team play. I have no doubt he will be a good player but needs to learn a bit more for mine. Mongrel and pace does not equal staying in the team.
Heaven forbid a player from a having a shot at goal. Something we lack, we are the most indecisive team when going forward. I wouldn't be dropping him for having a crack.

Blame Norf for choking so much

Would not be surprised at all if we lose this match. Been a collingwood tradition to lose the last round of the home and away season. North are much better than 10th and I think we have very little to play for. North however will be playing to get into the finals. We should win, but if push comes to shove I think North will have that extra 5% of effort compared to our players who will be thinking of finals.

If its close though we will win as north don't seem to be able to cope with close matches this year!

Would not be surprised at all if we lose this match. Been a collingwood tradition to lose the last round of the home and away season. North are much better than 10th and I think we have very little to play for. North however will be playing to get into the finals. We should win, but if push comes to shove I think North will have that extra 5% of effort compared to our players who will be thinking of finals.

If its close though we will win as north don't seem to be able to cope with close matches this year!
But if Carlton beat Port on Saturday then North's season is 100% over...they have nothing to play for, we have players competing for places in the 22 for the finals & a team that has to continue winning going into the finals.
We could finish 2 points off 4th position (Sydney)....that bloody Gold Coast game may have cost up the double chance.

But if Carlton beat Port on Saturday then North's season is 100% over...they have nothing to play for, we have players competing for places in the 22 for the finals & a team that has to continue winning going into the finals.
We could finish 2 points off 4th position (Sydney)....that bloody Gold Coast game may have cost up the double chance.

True, I still think we should win, as we have the better team. Just wont be surprised if we lose. The Gold Coast game does hurt! :confused:
Like has been said many times since we found our form, think of this year like geelongs 2012. Rebuilding the team on the go, I cant see us bottoming out with the young players we have coming through!

Heaven forbid a player from a having a shot at goal. Something we lack, we are the most indecisive team when going forward. I wouldn't be dropping him for having a crack.
You surely are not serious or haven't played football/sport. You always pass if a player is in A) a better position and/or B) a better kick.

I think best plan may be to play the first 1/4 (or 1/2) like a training run. AFter that (North probably having a big lead) turn it on and try to win the game. Perfect prep for 1st final 6 days later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Rd 23 - Collingwood v North Melb - MCG Sunday 3.20pm Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back