AFL Round 14 - COLLINGWOOD vs FREMANTLE Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Amazing stat I just found from today.. Elliott got 15 yes, 15 tackles.
The next best on the ground was Nick Lower (Freo) with 9!

Tackle machine Jamie is!

So the record of tackles in a game is 19, followed by two 16s and then a lot of 15s. Very good effort by Jamie!

Looking forward to what he can do in the future.

If Dawesy had've been more accurate, he would've more than doubled his pre game goal kicking tally! Break out game by him, and he needed it, given Paine was back in the team.

Mooney was incredible, has 100% efficiency with his 3 touches, 2 goal assists, and his tackling was great for an Irishman. Looking forward to seeing hopefully a full game by him next week, though with Pendles, Clarke?, Sinclair still to come back who will make way for them. A very difficult week at the selection table.

Also impressed with Paine's game, he too deserves another week, providing he's not injured his hip too badly.

No one really stood out to me to have a bad game, they all deserve their places again.

As much our backline is good we really struggle one on one with our opponent......its a bit worrying really. need to adjust that bit better
This is an important point. I think (and it's obvious) that we struggle if the ball breaks away fast from the forward press. The opposition get it quickly out the back and maximise their chances one on one.

Because there's less opponents in their forward 50 they just seem to capitalise easier with less opposition and score. Like in a game of billiards when you pot 7 balls and your opponent has potted none. Their job gets easier because none of your balls are in the way.

I think Pendles coined the term (in an interview) "fast break footy" as early as round 3 and it still remains a challenge, something the defenders need to keep an eye on. It shouldn't make much of a difference though unless we're getting dominated in inside 50s which we certainly weren't today.

You have a point. We just couldn't get enough first hands on the ball to put pressure on.
When Maxwell can cover you look great. Reid and Brown got caught out a bit today. Without Tarrant your CHB position could be vulnerable.

Anyway, too good for us today. Good game. Like the way you blokes go about it, and good luck for the rest of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to bring it up again in light of recent discussions on the main board but what the hell is with umpiring standards these days? Both sides appeared to be on the end of some very strange decisions yesterday and it's getting very frustrating to watch. There is no consistency in either the push in the back or holding the ball rules. Several times I saw players tackled yesterday with their opponent landing directly on their back - play on. On other occasions I saw players tackled and the ball just fell from their hands - play on. WTF? I don't know what others think but it smacks of serious flaws in umpiring standards to me and takes away from the spectacle. Just get consistent rabbits! :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 14 - COLLINGWOOD vs FREMANTLE Matchday Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back