Game Day AFL Round 16 match discussion - Geelong v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If SJ misses does that mean his carryover points go?

He'll just get loaded up with more and an extra 10% loading for missing another week. 'Just copping a suspension to clear your slate ahead of finals' sounds good in theory, but it doesn't work. They may seem like complete idiots, but the MRP wouldn't be dumb enough to create a loophole that open to exploitation. Even if they were, with Johnson's absolutely laughable disciplinary record over the past 12 months, what makes anyone think a clean slate would make any difference with him?

Like chasing a bar of soap at the bottom of the bubble bath pool I saw at the Playboy Mansion a few years ago... but not quite as pretty looking.. out there today...:D

Happy to be in front. Seems like the umps are letting it go a bit which is nice to see... but if Selsy gets another head high and no whistle i'll go he..

Caddy, Hypen, Smedts all been good.

Go Catters

He'll just get loaded up with more and an extra 10% loading for missing another week. 'Just copping a suspension to clear your slate ahead of finals' sounds good in theory, but it doesn't work. They may seem like complete idiots, but the MRP wouldn't be dumb enough to create a loophole that open to exploitation. Even if they were, with Johnson's absolutely laughable disciplinary record over the past 12 months, what makes anyone think a clean slate would make any difference with him?

Thanks man, all your posts are great. you are like the anti-hodhgepodge!

Just switched to the Hawks Port game. Burgoyne smacked Logan with his shoulder front on in a manner reminiscent of the Kelly-Goddard Hit. What does Tom Harley say? Absolutely nothing untoward in that.

WTF

Go Catters

32 inside 50's to 13. Melbourne are probably lucky to be within 6 goals.

Yes but geelong's inside 50 deliveries have not been great so far, melbourne getting players back then just hacking it out.

32 inside 50's to 13. Melbourne are probably lucky to be within 6 goals.

Agree not to sound like a w***er but I'm a little disappointed. The main thing from here on is not to allow 5 or so cheap goals in the last. If we can keep Melbourne to a super low score will help our percentage big time. The way things are going this year could mean the difference between 1st and 2nd this year.

Just switched to the Hawks Port game. Burgoyne smacked Logan with his shoulder front on in a manner reminiscent of the Kelly-Goddard Hit. What does Tom Harley say? Absolutely nothing untoward in that.

Was amazed Tom said that not once but twice given how the MRP has ruled on these hits this year

Decent first half (other than SJ's indiscipline). I just hope we really go on with it and get the % boost that we need. I hate when games like this 'peter out' in the second half...let's play 4 quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cyril does a simple paddle of the ball and the commentators crack a prong. Jesus Christ.

Sorry! This is the Cats game day thread...

Looking good so far.

Cyril does a simple paddle of the ball and the commentators crack a prong. Jesus Christ.

Sorry! This is the Cats game day thread...

Looking good so far.

It's just like when Judd gets a kick it's like "Lovely kick there by Judd", even when it bounces 10m in front of the intended target and rolls out of bounds...

Just watching the Port-Hawthorn game on 7. Burgoyne did a kick similar to the one Kelly was called deliberate for, if anything it was actually closer to the boundary, but nothing was called. Not surprising.

I've been impressed with Billie Semdts today. He has great skill and really looks like he wants to get more game time in the 1's. It was a shame he missed that regulation set shot that he should have slotted. His jicking in goal needs improvement, but apart from that I like what I've seen.

It's just like when Judd gets a kick it's like "Lovely kick there by Judd", even when it bounces 10m in front of the intended target and rolls out of bounds...

Ha, I know, they're just shameless those commentators. A collective of preconceptions.

After being a "Judd long bomb" aka 10 meter kick to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back