Preview AFL Round 19 - Coll v Essendon Prematch Discussion, DaVe 86's Preview -post 75, Teams - post 119

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 19 - Coll v Essendon Prematch and Selection Discussion

I'm with Opti stoked to see Sinclair named even though I have my doubts on whether or not he'll play! Ugles getting named will no doubt be the highlight of Dave's day :D

Judging by the ins and outs it looks like the only real options for the Bombers to go to Cloke are Carlisle and Ryder, making Hurley a friggin huge blow! My money will be on Ryder going to defence for the first time since early 09 which augers well for Cloke to have a strong showing :thumbsu:

loll well this is awkard collingwood and essedon games are supposed to be highlight games of the year this has just got belting writen all over it

Cloke plays pretty well against the Bombers anyway, and with so many missing from their backline he should have a day out. No doubt they will double team him to try and minimise his output. Hopefully someone like Keefe can get free a bit and kick 3-4 himself.

Re: R19 Match Preview: Collingwood v Essendon

With the side we have in, or maybe not have in is more apt, you will absolutely smash us.

We have our whole backline out and our best forward, Hurley. Don't want to take anything away from you as you would beat us with our best possible team in anyway but this will get ugly if you come to play.

Agreed Matty and why where they not named last week vs the Suns:confused:
No idea, although we do have Fasolo and Keefe running around, so it's not like we have forgotten about our youth completely.

Also, I think the club might have seen last week as an opportunity to rest some of the young players through the VFL bye.

Expect the best young player in the VFL this week to be a certainty to be selected against Port next week.

I'm with Opti stoked to see Sinclair named even though I have my doubts on whether or not he'll play! Ugles getting named will no doubt be the highlight of Dave's day :D

Judging by the ins and outs it looks like the only real options for the Bombers to go to Cloke are Carlisle and Ryder, making Hurley a friggin huge blow! My money will be on Ryder going to defence for the first time since early 09 which augers well for Cloke to have a strong showing :thumbsu:

Well with Ugle being Named could that mean one of Keeffe,Daisy or Krakouer could miss out?

Re: R19 Match Preview: Collingwood v Essendon

Thanks for the training run lads...was a pleasure watching the best team do their best work.

No idea, although we do have Fasolo and Keefe running around, so it's not like we have forgotten about our youth completely.

Also, I think the club might have seen last week as an opportunity to rest some of the young players through the VFL bye.

Expect the best young player in the VFL this week to be a certainty to be selected against Port next week.

Sunberg? :eek:

Well you could be right about the VFL and With the Travel next week some of the Guns might be rested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I meant young and AFL listed, haha.:D

Sundberg;) will get on an AFL list next year, whether it be with GWS or as a rookie (if they still exist) with a better club.:)

Has Sharrod been at training?

Surprised that Beamsy is a straight in without playing VFL first, mind you he did travel with the boys to Gold Coast and trained very well up there.
Would love someone to shed some light on Wellers' injury.

Re: AFL Round 19 - Coll v Essendon Prematch Discussion, DaVe 86's Preview post 75

AFL ROUND 19, 2011
Collingwood v Essendon
Sunday 31 July
MCG, 2:10pm

Collingwood
B: Leon Davis, Ben Reid, Harry O'Brien
HB: Brent Macaffer, Nick Maxwell, Tyson Goldsack
C: Dane Swan, Dale Thomas, Simon Buckley
HF: Jarryd Blair, Chris Tarrant, Andrew Krakouer
F: Steele Sidebottom, Travis Cloke, Leigh Brown
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Luke Ball
Int. from: Luke Rounds, Dayne Beams, Lachlan Keeffe, Ben Johnson, Ben Sinclair, Alex Fasolo, Kirk Ugle

In: Jolly, Rounds, Sinclair, Ugle, Beams
Out: Wood, McCarthy (omitted)

Milestone: Darren Jolly - 200 AFL games

Essendon
B: Heppell, Myers, Dyson
HB: Hardingham, Carlisle, Prismall
C: Monfries, Howlett, McVeigh
HF: Jetta, Ryder, Watson
F: Colyer, Crameri, Melksham
Foll: Hille, Zaharakis, Stanton
Int from: Davey, Reimers, Slattery, Welsh, Bellchambers, Browne, Ross

IN: Watson, Welsh, Bellchambers, Browne, Ross
OUT: Pears (knee), Hurley (foot)

NEW: Michael Ross (Gippsland Power)

Re: AFL Round 19 - Coll v Essendon Prematch Discussion, DaVe 86's Preview post 75

Definately making Cloke my captain in DT this week, should have a feild day - Carlisle and/or Hardingham would have to be the easiest defenders he would have played on all year?

Thank God Dawes isn't play haha. This is going to get so ugllllly. Myers and Carlisle are our key defenders? Seriously? Haha. We played the best we possibly could on ANZAC day and lost by 30 (although most people admit the scoreline was flattering). We have a much worse side, this will be amazing if it's not triple figures.

* At least one H. Slattery will give Mr. Dale Thomas an absolute bath.

** May be joking

on paper that is the weakest ess side i have seen for a fair while. all of their top choice key position defenders are injured - pears fletcher hooker hurley all missing. cloke could easily kick double figures on sunday unless ryder goes back and finds some form. he's currently $9 for the coleman and is i think 6 goals behind without checking? there'll be no $9 around on monday if he kicks a bag with the likes of port and bris at the G still to come in the run home. worth a flutter at the value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back