Preview AFL Round 4 Brisbane Lions V Western Bulldogs Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done guys, really well done.... congrats. You turned us into a rabble. Dominated us at our strengths.

I am speachless, as are all dogs supporters. sigh

Great win! Infact ****ing awesome victory is a better description.

How good is it to see the likes of Rockliff, Raines, Proud and Redden really contribute to a top line victory!

We are now in the position that the cats and saints find themselves after a win. Well performed players will need to make way for important inclusions in the form of Clark, McGrath and Black.

Big Fev put on a show in the 3rd and Browny did the same in the 4th. Great effort by the 2 big boys.

If the season is over right now Brennan and Rischa are pushing All Australian.

Matty Maguire did some bloody important things at bloody important times, he is a brilliant pick up.

Tom Rockliff- The Lobster is a born footballer, what a star in the making!

Great win boys!

I'm glad to be wrong. What a win!

Me too!!:D..not sure why, but I was so nervous for this game..

The boys didn't play their best at times, but OMG, they make me feel so proud of them!!

Did you notice Browny rubbing his er um, groin a couple of times, hope he's not going to have that sort of trouble again..could be why he was off a bit tonight....my husband noticed it first, he also thought he looked buggered like he'd played a half of footy before the game had even started..

...but all in all it was a great win by our :heart::heart:mighty fighting Lions:heart::heart:

Fantastic work by our guys defensively in that second half. They didn't take the foot off the throat at any stage there. One of the most focused and extended periods of domination I can remember seeing against a top 4 side.

Raines has been a little bit inconsistent for mine to date but tonight I thought he was very good especially in that first half when the going was tough. Hard at it and worked really hard all night. Good game Andrew.

Staker was solid but I was yelling at the TV a few times in the first half with a couple of the stupid things he did. Overall he played his part though.

Rocky is just a really smart footballer. He is a big asset to this team and I can't seeing going back to the seconds anytime soon.

Proud had a massive third quarter and was a big part of us getting back into the game. He was scratchy in the first half but that third term was hugely influential in the outcome of the game. He tackled and attacked the man and the ball and dragged others with him.

Redden was also very good. Did some really nice things all the way along tonight. We have a player here thats for sure. Smart and tough. Needs to find his goal kicking boots though.

Hawksley cost a few goals tonight and I would expect him to be in serious doubt for next week.

Me too!!:D..not sure why, but I was so nervous for this game..

The boys didn't play their best at times, but OMG, they make me feel so proud of them!!

Did you notice Browny rubbing his er um, groin a couple of times, hope he's not going to have that sort of trouble again..could be why he was off a bit tonight....my husband noticed it first, he also thought he looked buggered like he'd played a half of footy before the game had even started..

...but all in all it was a great win by our :heart::heart:mighty fighting Lions:heart::heart:

So I'm not the only supporter who thought we wouldn't win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woah, that last quarter, we absolutely dominated, but couldn't buy a goal. I was dreading a bulldog goal that would have the dogs in front despite the ownage. Thankfully, that didn't happen

Ditto. Absolutely rapt with that win though. Looks like out fitness won out again. The doggies just looked out on their feet in the last while our boys just kept presenting. I'd love to see what % of time the ball spent in their half of their ground in that last quarter.

How good's Rischitelli going?!

And with him and Brennan continuing to gun it in the middle (14 clearances between 'em) it was great to actually see us win the clearances (32 - 31). Who needs Black? :)

Rocky showed a lot too, particularly in that last quarter.

Oh man. Was just "watching" it on the AFL's little live updates site but didn't stop me pumping the air when we had them locked in their 50 for most of the second half, and each of our goals.

Definitely looking forward to watching the replay when it goes up on AFL.com.au.

I just feel like we should of won by atleast 6 goals because we dominated them in all aspects of the game but i am still wrapt with the win.

WELL DONE LIONS :D:D

You all had no faith so im glad to say go THE Lions 5 from 5 hope i get the eight if not doesnt matter cause we beat the dogs and im surround by doggies fans.
They might not have kick stright but they all played amazing.But Hawksley should be dropped dont like the way he plays.To win without Adcock Clark Mcgrath and Black shows we have a powerful group of players. GO THE LIONS WOOOOHOOOO

Redden's hip might be a factor in his lack of penetration when kicking. Also a good pointer to why he is spending most of his time on the half forward flank.

Proudy showed plenty tonight!!!

If this boy (he is still a boy) is able to get it together he will be a massive contributor for us. He has inside and outside ability. A very important commodity!

The Berger continues to improve and win ruck contest. Great effort Luey.

Did anyone notice how much smarter our boys played today. In our premiership years we were aware of how it wasn't just good enough to spoil, you needed to be able to spoil to our attacking advantage, handballing in tight contested situations always needed to be to our attacking advantage etc etc- Well that was the case tonight

To have massive list turnovers like we have and tonight to have
Proud
Redden
Rich
Hawksley
Rockliff
Berger
Banfield
Polkinghorne

all under 35 games is a bloody amazing effort

Yeah ...thanks ...thanks a lot - now we have ANGRY Bulldogs Friday night ...oh God help us!:(

Nah, great win guys!

We are the pride of Brisbane town,
We wear maroon, blue and gold.
We will always fight for victory,
Like Fitzroy, and Bears of old.
All for one, and one for all,
We will answer to the call.
Go Lions, Brisbane Lions,
We'll kick the winning score.
You'll hear our mighty roar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Round 4 Brisbane Lions V Western Bulldogs Official Thread