AFLW AFLW 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee, some of Meg Mac's disposal can leave a lot to be desired.
Her and Amy Mac are opposites
Meg looks neat, generally shocking
Amy looks horrendous, generally really neat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see two changes we could make, and we'd pretty much have our best side out there....

In: Scott Kearns
Out: Garing Bragg

I know Garing is this season's feel good story coming back after the birth of her first child, and showing that mother's can play top level sport - but not sure we get enough from her

I'm not sure we got enough from her in her last season and wonder if her place in the squad is more about the story rather than necessarily about the player

Could we maybe use her spot in the team for "blooding" a youngster as I'm not sure she's the differences in how our season pans out, but getting 3 or 4 games into a youngster now could help our 2024 season & beyond

I know Garing is this season's feel good story coming back after the birth of her first child, and showing that mother's can play top level sport - but not sure we get enough from her

I'm not sure we got enough from her in her last season and wonder if her place in the squad is more about the story rather than necessarily about the player

Could we maybe use her spot in the team for "blooding" a youngster as I'm not sure she's the differences in how our season pans out, but getting 3 or 4 games into a youngster now could help our 2024 season & beyond

Garing has had 6 touches thus far - only 1 was effective.

Has Friswell gotten quicker? Or is she just comfortable now with the pace and is backing herself in?

Bit of both most likely

When she was drafted there seemed to be a bit of "who is she?", and "was she only drafted due to being a teammate of Prespakis and maybe help reduce the chance of Pres leaving after a season"

Those things no longer get discussed, and she has shown she more than warrants selection in this team on her own merit - so I could see her feeling more comfortable with her place in the team, and now in her third season a better understanding of what's required at this level

Garing has had 6 touches thus far - only 1 was effective.
She puts in alot of effort and can tackle well. She almost looks surprised when she has the ball in hand and has to dispose of it. I think she'd do OK as a back pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back