AFLW AFLW 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might pay us to put Scheer in the middle at the start of the last and Aishling Moloney deep and try to isolate her.

Scheer hasn't done much tonight and Moloney's looked good when she can find space.

She puts in alot of effort and can tackle well. She almost looks surprised when she has the ball in hand and has to dispose of it. I think she'd do OK as a back pocket.

Her first season or two she was almost played as a tagging type player who was in the middle and meant to make things difficult for the opposition

Like they've done this season, they've previously tried moving her to more is a high forward pressure role, but she doesn't have the impact on matches she did when playing in the guts

But then we look at the quality of our midfield group now and there's not really a role or spot for her there, but they still want to fit her into the team somewhere

Might pay us to put Scheer in the middle at the start of the last and Aishling Moloney deep and try to isolate her.

Scheer hasn't done much tonight and Moloney's looked good when she can find space.

She's to slow for mid.

Maybe at the odd centre bounce..

She's to slow for mid.

Maybe at the odd centre bounce..

Greg Williams and Sam Mitchell weren't speedsters either, but both went OK in there.

Just need her to use her bigger body and create space for McDonald, Morrison and Prespakis.

She'd give us some added aggression, it would help get her into the game and she's shown an ability to have an impact in that role in the VFLW

Her long kicking would help.

But she's to slow 🐌 as a mid .

Centre bounce then move forward imo

Greg Williams and Sam Mitchell weren't speedsters either, but both went OK in there.

Just need her to use her bigger body and create space for McDonald, Morrison and Prespakis.

We're currently starting with Moloney in the square, Parry about 25m out & Scheer about 40m from goal

They're then holding that sort of formation as they move up and down the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a loss is never fun, but Melbourne are a good team to watch and it's been a good test to see how we measure up to the best

They've kept playing football, the match has been open and free flowing, and that we've got a few steps to take before we can be seriously competing at the pointy end of the season

I compare it with the North loss which was a very frustrating one, and a match we maybe should have won had we taken our chances. But after we took early control of the match, North just clogged up the game, there really wasn't a flow to things and we didn't get the see the best of either side

I'd rather lose a match like tonight where you get to see the best teams at their best, rather than a team which plays like their almost too scared to lose and it becomes an ugly wrestle

Commentators were saying for not giving the ball back quick enough.

So she's on the ground on her back - WTF is she meant to do until she's in a position to return the ball

If she tried returning it from her original position and it wasn't returned on the full then I'm guessing it's a 50m also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back