AFLW AFLW 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The really cool thing about this open training session in Warrnambool, other than us being one side of the oval & Essendon the other, we also have players from the local girls league out on the field the team and participating in the training drills

Just no celebrating until tomorrow - although there was a lot of birthday wishes for her today

She had a day out against them last year - hopefully history repeats itself tomorrow.

This is the benefit of attending an AFLW open "training" session

And ignore everything I've said this season, Darby is my new favourite player. Majority of the team was signing autographs, saying thanks for coming etc - Kate would ask everyone their name if she didn't know it, would then introduce herself as Kate and then when moving on would say something like, "Thanks for coming Michelle, have a good day"

One of those little things that comes with a bit age & experience

IMG_3487.jpeg

Danger game today imo.

Maddie Prespakis and Bonnie Toogood are as good a 1-2 punch as there is in the comp.

We should be good enough to get it done, but there's no room for complacency.

This is the benefit of attending an AFLW open "training" session

And ignore everything I've said this season, Darby is my new favourite player. Majority of the team was signing autographs, saying thanks for coming etc - Kate would ask everyone their name if she didn't know it, would then introduce herself as Kate and then when moving on would say something like, "Thanks for coming Michelle, have a good day"

One of those little things that comes with a bit age & experience

View attachment 1825199

can't see Georgie P's name there C09? One to get next time, or are my eyes getting as bad as I think they are?

can't see Georgie P's name there C09? One to get next time, or are my eyes getting as bad as I think they are?

It's there - maybe not the most obvious, but she's right beside her best mate Nina, who was also given shit by teammates for walking in the opposite direction to the rest when signing autographs

IMG_3488.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My phone will be away for most of the match - unlike sitting in the stands along the wing at home matches, today I'm behind the goals and that means heads up watching for incoming balls

And damn those balls are kicked hard & fast - one bounced off my left hand and my Apple watch asked if I had a fall & needed to contact emergency services...

The one that bounced off my right wrist, hit hard enough that it pushed my bracelet into my wrist and there's a good bit of blood now - safe option is to take it off for the match

And the noise it makes when crashing into the boards around the boundary is crazy

Absolutely s**t news

Match started at 3:05pm & St Kilda released that info at 6:30pm - can we know where they sent Steph for scans because damn quick results

You can diagnose an ACL injury with pretty accurate results by doing a Lachman Test. A simple push/pull test on the joint, scans pretty much confirm the test results.
I know, I’ve had it done on me a couple of times.

That Pres "touched" behind - not one of the three umpires in that discussion actually saw it touched or could be definitive it was touched, but still decided to go with that

The field umpire actually said, "I didn't see" prior to the decision being made

Need goal reviews at AFLW level too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back