AFLW AFLW 2023 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this online. Apparently we're a very narrow chance to make the grand final. :)

View attachment 1819819

Honestly, I'd be surprised if Melbourne didn't win the grand final - wouldn't be surprised if they went undefeated this season, they don't seem to have any real weakness

Geelong should, in theory, go undefeated for the rest of the year. Richmond might be the only team that might knock them off.
If we can do that, we're a lock for Top 4. Tiges/Pies are both danger games I think.

Heading into the finals, I think we're capable for knocking off North, Brissy and Crows at our best. Shelley back in and Annabel a slim chance too.

We have 4 weeks to figure out the composition of Darby/Hoare/Fuller. Could Fuller replace Bragg as a KPD? She'd definitely offer more around the ground and another option to utilise rebounding out of 50m. Not exactly sure on Garing role, but she should transition into a tagger. Not confident with ball in hand, but she hunts it well and seems to have a good tank to run out games.

Plummer/AbMac try hard and you can't knock their attack on the footy, however its quite apparent they're our depth players. Ony 18 and 19 so hope they keep developing and turn into handy role players for us. Look how far Rankin has come from only 2 seasons ago as the example.

Unbelievable to think that this week's Georgie Prespakis' 25th game! That's certainly come quickly. Probably fitting that she'll chalk up the milestone playing against her sister too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a jet.

remember when most of us were concerned that she might jump ship after her 1st season with the Cats?

Georgie has been a joy, great footballer.

Loving the chemistry and synergy Morrison and her are building too.

I should be a selector.

I can see two changes we could make, and we'd pretty much have our best side out there....

In: Scott Kearns
Out: Garing Bragg

1696572422714.png

I was just coming to your post so I could paste this in reply - something something great minds...

AFLW Round 6 Team​

In: Shelley Scott, Rachel Kearns
Out:
Melissa Bragg (omitted), Renee Garing (omitted)

Backs26. Claudia Gunjaca16. Chantel Emonson
Half-Backs21. Becky Webster11. Meghan McDonald (C)10. Georgie Rankin
Centreline9. Nina Morrison (VC)41. Georgie Prespakis1. Mikayla Bowen
Half-Forwards4. Darcy Moloney5. Jackie Parry7. Kate Surman
Forwards45. Aishling Moloney15. Shelley Scott
Followers46. Erin Hoare3. Amy McDonald6. Julia Crockett-Grills
Interchange14. Chloe Scheer20. Zali Friswell8. Kate Darby
39. Abbey McDonald22. Rachel Kearns
Emergencies13. Liv Fuller12. Renee Garing32. Gabbi Featherston

No surprises with Bragg. Feel for Garing, but glad they've giving AbMac and Plummer more opportunity to build form in back-to-back games.
That's right, Plummer didn't play last week
Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

I was just coming to your post so I could paste this in reply - something something great minds...

AFLW Round 6 Team​

In: Shelley Scott, Rachel Kearns
Out: Melissa Bragg (omitted), Renee Garing (omitted)

Backs26. Claudia Gunjaca16. Chantel Emonson
Half-Backs21. Becky Webster11. Meghan McDonald (C)10. Georgie Rankin
Centreline9. Nina Morrison (VC)41. Georgie Prespakis1. Mikayla Bowen
Half-Forwards4. Darcy Moloney5. Jackie Parry7. Kate Surman
Forwards45. Aishling Moloney15. Shelley Scott
Followers46. Erin Hoare3. Amy McDonald6. Julia Crockett-Grills
Interchange14. Chloe Scheer20. Zali Friswell8. Kate Darby
39. Abbey McDonald22. Rachel Kearns
Emergencies13. Liv Fuller12. Renee Garing32. Gabbi Featherston

That forward line looks pretty potent - even with Chloe Scheer on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back