Aker Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/jason-akermanis

You know, he was never going to make it back into that team. It was decided prior to the gay article.

This is not over by a long long way.

He has said on radio, he wants proof of their allegations, as he never did anything. He also said that the supposed stuff they thought he was writing in his book are not there. If you read his last book, thats not his style, or his interest.

that link doesn't work?

Don't get too defensive matey. We're all capable of making inferences.

Defensive?? Mate, I was incredulous. And I still am.

Love to see how Aker empowered Gays or minorities.

And who exactly came out of the closet??

And everyone is dying to find out which influential gay lobbying group bullied the Doggies into sack Aker??

And why in the hell haven't we heard about this before??:mad::mad:

The plot thickens:thumbsu:

Well paste such relevant things when stating them! ;) All we have to go on here is what he posted here, so giving links would help.

That said, there's nothing wrong with being a homophobe versus not being a homophobe, it's just an opinion. The human ability to be offended has no limits, doesn't mean we should keep raising the bar of what we accept as offensive does it? If you believe we should keep raising the bar how long until my offense of people that wear red clothes or grow their hair long becomes accepted as off limits?

Pathetic. a AFL footballer speaks out about gays and he is sacked. Gays have too much power these days and if they keep getting power its going to destroy this country. This is what happens when you let gays out of the closet. Unfortunately it has now costed a decorated footballer his career. Hopefully Aker ends up at another club. Would like to see him at Carlton.

Oh dear :eek:

I'm not sure what is more amazing, you're complete bigotry, you're total lack of understanding of why Aker has been sacked, or the use of the word "costed"

Well paste such relevant things when stating them! ;) All we have to go on here is what he posted here, so giving links would help.

That said, there's nothing wrong with being a homophobe versus not being a homophobe, it's just an opinion. The human ability to be offended has no limits, doesn't mean we should keep raising the bar of what we accept as offensive does it? If you believe we should keep raising the bar how long until my offense of people that wear red clothes or grow their hair long becomes accepted as off limits?

I'm not offended by him, I just dismiss his opinion on this as a "gay issue". The issue the Dogs have is not Aker's opinion it's an issue of trust. We can debate who is wrong or right, however just like Brisbane it came down to the fact that the club no longer trusted him.

I'm not offended by him, I just dismiss his opinion on this as a "gay issue". The issue the Dogs have is not Aker's opinion it's an issue of trust. We can debate who is wrong or right, however just like Brisbane it came down to the fact that the club no longer trusted him.

And how did this snowball start? The clubs own over-reaction to the gay article. If you act like a fool then you will eventually look foolish, and that is where the Bulldogs are now. A lot of people act like everything the Bulldogs did was "fair" and "right" but it's ridiculous to treat a player like they did over an article he wrote in the media.

They then over-react to him telling a friend at a lunch what happened, a lack of trust... like everyone at that meeting said nothing to anyone outside the bulldogs? Give me a break.

And how did this snowball start? The clubs own over-reaction to the gay article. If you act like a fool then you will eventually look foolish, and that is where the Bulldogs are now. A lot of people act like everything the Bulldogs did was "fair" and "right" but it's ridiculous to treat a player like they did over an article he wrote in the media.

They then over-react to him telling a friend at a lunch what happened, a lack of trust... like everyone at that meeting said nothing to anyone outside the bulldogs? Give me a break.

From what I've heard this is only one of many incidents. I was on the attack against Brisbane when they sacked him myself. Why would they remove a player as good as Aker? Now it's happened again, so who is in the wrong here, Brisbane and the Bulldogs or Jason?

From what I've heard this is only one of many incidents. I was on the attack against Brisbane when they sacked him myself. Why would they remove a player as good as Aker? No it's happened again, so who is in the wrong here, Brisbane and the Bulldogs or Jason?

Everyone involved is at fault. Jason's personality is one that people that are "too serious" will not like much at all. So he could have changed himself to suit those people. On the other hand maybe the people that are too serious could have changed? Not every player in a team is going to get on well with others.

Playing a team sport you want faith in your team mates ability to play the game and deliver the results you want. If it was mostly about respecting their opinions and trusting they won't tell friends about a meeting involving themselves then we'd probably have teams full of people that can't play too well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I've heard this is only one of many incidents. I was on the attack against Brisbane when they sacked him myself. Why would they remove a player as good as Aker? Now it's happened again, so who is in the wrong here, Brisbane and the Bulldogs or Jason?

So you are forming consensus based opinion now?

So when you say you don't know the full story, what do you actually mean and what are you actually basing your opinion on?

The only thing I've based my opinion on is that this isn't a gay issue it's a matter of trust. Who is wrong/right I don't know.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/jason-akermanis

You know, he was never going to make it back into that team. It was decided prior to the gay article.

This is not over by a long long way.

He has said on radio, he wants proof of their allegations, as he never did anything. He also said that the supposed stuff they thought he was writing in his book are not there. If you read his last book, thats not his style, or his interest.

Very strange interpretation of that 'article'.

His lack of self-awareness is truly astounding.

I can't believe that anyone is still defending him. BOTH clubs have given him the boot. Don't you get that there is something wrong with him in a team environment and that there is much more to this than what he says??

For a few weeks people have been saying that they've seen him in public engagements speaking unfavourably about his cluba nd team mates. Not a very professional look and certainly would raise some heckles in a team.

The only thing I've based my opinion on is that this isn't a gay issue it's a matter of trust. Who is wrong/right I don't know.

Hi Ant:)

Why? , how? , could any football team get annoyed by a bloke expressing his opinion (with some supporting rationale)... simply that Gays in AFL should NOT come out ?

If they thought Acker should not have opinions ....then they ought banned him from media work via contract.

Most blokes have experienced the silent no talky (or anything else) treatment from women. But Gays take that bitchiness to another level.

What inside info could he have divulged? We haven't seen the Bulldogs gameplan or insider injury list in the papers with Ackers name on it?

Hi Ant:)

Why? , how? , could any football team get annoyed by a bloke expressing his opinion (with some supporting rationale)... simply that Gays in AFL should NOT come out ?

If they thought Acker should not have opinions ....then they ought banned him from media work via contract.

Most blokes have experienced the silent no talky (or anything else) treatment from women. But Gays take that bitchiness to another level.

What inside info could he have divulged? We haven't seen the Bulldogs gameplan or insider injury list in the papers with Ackers name on it?

We're only speculating here, if you believe the Dogs this is one of many issues going back to 2008. If you believe Aker, the sun shines out of his backside and Brisbane and Bulldogs are in the wrong. :D

We're only speculating here, if you believe the Dogs this is one of many issues going back to 2008. If you believe Aker, the sun shines out of his backside and Brisbane and Bulldogs are in the wrong. :D

Interestingly Acker acknowledged in some statement today that there was a specific incident at Brisbane which he could understand.

My guess the GF divulgance of Lappins rib injury. Now that was disgraceful.

Dogs have had to do what was best for the team and club as a whole. Acker has had his day and he ought take it on the chin.

Only interesting thing about it is .....who and how many!:D

Pathetic. a AFL footballer speaks out about gays and he is sacked. Gays have too much power these days and if they keep getting power its going to destroy this country. This is what happens when you let gays out of the closet. Unfortunately it has now costed a decorated footballer his career. Hopefully Aker ends up at another club. Would like to see him at Carlton.

I wouldn't

Interestingly Acker acknowledged in some statement today that there was a specific incident at Brisbane which he could understand.

So he acknowledged something 4 years later? Wasn't very forthcoming at the time of his sacking was he?

So he acknowledged something 4 years later? Wasn't very forthcoming at the time of his sacking was he?

No. Agreed:thumbsu:. He is a ego maniac, and is now doing the sooky lah lahs!

But, IMO, having someone prepared to tell the full story is great.

I really hope his publishers push him to tell all.... I still am curious of what Ackers side of the Brisbane issue was.

It will be a best seller in a week!:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Aker Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back