Alan Richardson: where's the pressure?

Remove this Banner Ad

I realise that but it also had a lot to do with the pressure we put in you in our front half in the first quarter in particular.

It was like watching one of our games from 2009/2010, when teams just weren't able to get it out of our forwardline (especially in first quarters), because we just pressured them into mistakes and we were set up so well behind the ball, giving them no easy exits.

That's been one of the huge changes for us this year. How much harder it is for teams to get it out of our front half once we get it in there. We're set up so much better behind the ball it's not funny.

What also needs to be taken into account is that the final scoreline flattered you a bit, as we were leading by 23 points with 2.5 mins to go, and you hadn't kicked a goal for the whole last quarter, but then got a couple of junkies late (including one on the siren), to bring it back to 11 points.
All I know is that was a deserved victory for the Saints. And I hope you can keep it going for the rest of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supporters are pissed off and not enjoying the footy, if he stays memberships for 2020 will drastically drop.

He has to go and Ratten to take over for the rest of the season.

As much as I'd like him gone it doesn't make sense to sack him now because we'd have to pay him out.

I think it's better to play out the year with him, get him out based on his performance clause, then get Ratts in for the start of 2020. This season is shot anyway.

If Richo is still there next year, I will probably #eco

What does this club stand for? It's been an ongoing battle for St Kilda for years, and a dour bloke like Richo doesn't help. That GT/Lyon team was a bounce away from a flag - they were rough and ready. This St Kilda team has been totally rebuilt and has come out the other side a little more competitive but with no identity and very little top line talent.

Seems inept, but FMD their list management since 2011 has been appalling.

Traded first round draft picks to bring in Tom Hickey and Tom Lee, who have been discarded.

Reached significantly for McCartin after initially knocking back GWS’ offer of Picks 4 and 7 for pick 1... Opted for Billings over Bontempelli. Wasted early picks on Hugh Goddard, Dan McKenzie, Spencer White and Nathan Wright.

Their half baked approach to building a list has left them in no man’s land, and they have virtually no elite talent despite spending the best part of a decade in the bottom half of the ladder.

Who’s responsible?

What do you plan to achieve by sacking him now?
Get new ideas and a somewhat new gameplan in, make the supporters actually enjoy coming to the footy and a chance to play more freely.

Nobody enjoys watching us play and i doubt the players enjoy playing richos footy.

Seems inept, but FMD their list management since 2011 has been appalling.

Traded first round draft picks to bring in Tom Hickey and Tom Lee, who have been discarded.

Reached significantly for McCartin after initially knocking back GWS’ offer of Picks 4 and 7 for pick 1... Opted for Billings over Bontempelli. Wasted early picks on Hugh Goddard, Dan McKenzie, Spencer White and Nathan Wright.

Their half baked approach to building a list has left them in no man’s land, and they have virtually no elite talent despite spending the best part of a decade in the bottom half of the ladder.

Who’s responsible?
Sounds bad when summed up like that

As much as I'd like him gone it doesn't make sense to sack him now because we'd have to pay him out.

I think it's better to play out the year with him, get him out based on his performance clause, then get Ratts in for the start of 2020. This season is shot anyway.

If Richo is still there next year, I will probably #eco
I think you’re spot on. The only downside I see there is continuing on this year and getting the players too demoralised from the beatings. I watched a half and that was a Melbourne type effort. You were bad. Expected you’d give a heap more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alan Richardson: where's the pressure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back