Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarkson II - signs 5 year contract w/ North Melbourne 19 August 2022 - news breaks p360

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially the same as Watson that Essendon had not met with Clarko despite media reports.

Then the Tassie comments about Clarko sending us to Tassie could be hinted at as a bit of bitterness. at being told no (speculation)

In what world does a coach send a club to Tassie??? Let’s stop and take a deep breath for a moment. Whoever is pontificating on that front is clearly just taking the puss (kiwi pronunciation) out of us.

They white-anted Knights as well. Abhorrent club.

Yep, agreed.

What we did to Knights was disgraceful.

What we're doing to Rutten is disgraceful.

I'm not sure what I'm hoping for here. I don't think Clarkson would steer us to the "promise land" anytime soon. But we've screwed Rutten over so badly that the media are unfortunately probably correct in that situation is untenable.

But I think Clarkson makes more sense for you guys.

I have from a very very good source they are actually discussing Hird as an option

This club has become a laughing stock

If Hird is an option that’s why Robbo is talking Clarko down
e73a465220ffc308b026924aec813ed2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My St.Kilda supporting mate at work tells me this morning "Looks like you've missed out on Clarko. You would've got him if you moved to tassie". I lolled at him, told him "Rutten was heading to Arden St. as an assistant coach under Clarko*, we've got him. Besides, your mob are off down there". Once again he turned and walked away.

* Thanks to whomever mentioned it about 217 pages ago :)

184 pages in less than two days and nothing has really changed. We still don't know what North is thinking and we still don't know what Clarkson is thinking.

All the speculation and bullshit coming from the media is exceeded only by some real drongo's on Big Footy.

Feels again what was actually said had been twisted. Sounds like Robbo was referring to * when talking about arranged marriages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100%. Robbo is now barracking for North to land Clarko. It goes without saying that the media are treating this like a circus. Every single, conceivable angle will get a guernsey right up until the final decision.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

“Is it because the wealthy conservatives in the northwest corridor of Melbourne, who grow the big hedges and own the bigger house, believe no man worth his salt would reject such a famous football club?”

Wow Robbo, you might be a drunk but boy can you write. North’s heritage is the hard as nails, Irish Catholic, working class, labourer’s team, and now we’re the small but plucky, diverse, innner-city trendy club. Essendon on the other hand is the club a few stations north on the rail line - leafy suburban, white, middle class, Protestant and milk toast but oh so rich and powerful. We’re natural enemies and I think Robbo really gets this.

Robbo clearly loves Essendon deeply but maybe a part of him is just a little envious of us, and our underdog status. My respect for him grows and grows.

Last edited:
Whateley was the one who broke the news that Clarko has pulled out of the running at GWS so is in the know with someone.

Was also one the one a few weeks back that thought Clarko would more than likely sit out next year than coach GWS or North?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Interesting though that “wants to stay in Melb”. So why even speak to them in the first place. I’d suggest to be in a strong negotiating position with north. Reckon Sonja’s entitled to call Clarkos bluff in that one and demand an answer.

“Is it because the wealthy conservatives in the northwest corridor of Melbourne, who grow the big hedges and own the bigger house, believe no man worth his salt would reject such a famous football club?”

Wow Robbo, you might be a drunk but boy can can write. North’s heritage is the hard as nails, Irish Catholic, working class, labourer’s team, and now we’re the small but plucky, diverse, innner-city trendy club. Essendon on the other hand is the club a few stations north on the rail line - leafy suburban, white, middle class, Protestant and milk toast but oh so rich and powerful. We’re natural enemies and I think Robbo really gets this.

Robbo clearly loves Essendon deeply but maybe a part of him is just a little envious of us, and our underdog status. My respect for him grows and grows.
I was actually just talking about John Devoy on Sunday :) Though he might not have been much of a footballer :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back