Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarkson II - signs 5 year contract w/ North Melbourne 19 August 2022 - news breaks p360

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is more likely:

Essendon have conducted a super secret black ops mission to negotiate with Clarko - off site premises for sure - over months just in case they get a random flogging at the end of the season and decide to sack Rutten, and have kept this all secret up until now, whereupon crack investigative newshound Damien Tardio has uncovered their dastardly scheme?

OR

Essendon are a rabble who have overreacted to a bad loss because they massively overrated their list, and various late Roman Empire style competing cotorie powerbases are now having the mother of all shitfights over who gets to run the show now, and they all deserve it because of the money they tipped in to pay the suspended players out eight years ago? And journos are going Get Clarko to generate clicks?
And specifically with a divided board, half wanting Rutten out and the other half wanting to stick with him. That's the perfect scenario for leaks to open up. The fact that nothing came out about Clarko is very strong indication that they have not spoken with him or his manager at all.

What a joke.
Bet you they called clarko in the meeting and got rejected. Laughable club.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can just imagine the call... With Bomber Thompson sniffing in the background and cracking jokes about selling frozen water.

I can’t see them sacking Rutton. Seems a lot of the issues are much higher up
I think the bombers biggest mistake was not going with an external review earlier in the year and just letting the old boys review themselves…

View attachment 1477871

Talk is brasher could step down today and I reckon there will be an external review to follow. They won’t have time to talk to our mate Clarko.
i guess this did age well. I’ll take it

No Stress Relax GIF
So cute 😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a fun morning for the red and black faithful as they thought for a brief second they could run with the big dogs, but no, reality comes crashing down.

Playing devils advocate, could our boards refusal to move on the CEO be the sticking point? Sonja has backed him every time when asked. If Clarko didn’t want him there (dunno it’s just what’s been speculated) and Sonja said no he’s staying, could that be what is giving Clarko a reason to look elsewhere.

All of that is just speculation, but if that’s the case and Sonja thinks Amafio is the right man for the job then so be it.

Can’t have the tail waging the dog so I personally don’t mind it.

Edit- LOL I’ll never post in this thread till I have caught up with the last few pages

Last edited:
It was a fun morning for the red and black faithful as they thought for a brief second they could run with the big dogs, but no, reality comes crashing down.
Poor *scum, just can't land a big fish..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back