Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarkson II - signs 5 year contract w/ North Melbourne 19 August 2022 - news breaks p360

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if * meet Clarkson, but if they have there is no way they or Watson (their mouth piece) would say they have. They will keep denying it as they still have a coach atm. By the sound of it, some of the board still want Rutten.

I was thinking this last night as well!

Credit to Sonja and the Club for sticking the course, no knee jerk reactions and STILL no leaks - something Clarko has mentioned numerous times when talking about a rebuild. Club, Admin, Coach, Players all need to be aligned and stick the course.

I’m actually feeling better about it this morning and still think we’re a big shot.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
North have handled the process in a highly proffessional manner. One would think a quality operator like Clarko would rate that highly.

Essington on the other hand seem to be handling it like a 90s era Carlton or Richmond with flailing coteries calling the shots.

I'm spitballing a plan B just in case the unthinkable happens and * poach Clarkos (s will be forever attached to his name if he ends up at *). I still believe we're in the box seat though.

If things are as far along as I believe them to be North should have reasonable knowledge of the team he's wanting to bring with him.

My Plan B is keep Patch as coach and install a crack team around him.

We then target Viney as Football Manager and try to bring in the assistants that Clarkson is keen on. If they were willing to come to North with Clarko they must at least some willingness to come to North anyway. It might mean we have to open the cheque book a bit more for the assistants/footy manager but if it helps us build a strong football department that leads to success.

I'm about 85% sure we've got him and that the main reason he hasn't been signed and announced is the Hawthorn contract.

Strap yourselves in for a big day!
Beck Bennett Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Yep, the vision they showed last night on classified of the players coming to the bench and not even having the respect for him to look him in the eye was very telling.
That was hard to watch

I'm about 85% sure we've got him and that the main reason he hasn't been signed and announced is the Hawthorn contract.
I agree with this.

I assume that while no contract has been signed we can meet and work through what structure needs to be etc.

As soon as it is official the music stops and we enter a Brady and gardening leave situation.

Yeah, but even then it still doesn't work for what Clarko is about imo.

Who know2s, maybe he's been stringing us along the whole time and will jump at the Bombers and suddenly find himself getting handy tips on land rezoning decisions in the north west growth corridor.

If that's what he wants, well, good for him.
From the outside it would seem like a pretty abrupt about face. As far as I can recall, the only time Clarko has spoken publicly recently, was that speaking gig with Gerard Whateley, where it seemed the key points were being against greed in sport and all for loyalty, team all sticking together etc... nothing coming out of * in the last couple of days seems to align with that at all.

I'm probably too biased with my feelings on *. Every year during the trade period, I am constantly genuinely bewildered when a player actively chooses to go them! I mean you have a choice and you choose * ?! Seriously, can not get my head around it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North have handled the process in a highly proffessional manner. One would think a quality operator like Clarko would rate that highly.

Essington on the other hand seem to be handling it like a 90s era Carlton or Richmond with flailing coteries calling the shots.

No, Clarko can't wait to meet with Essendon's range of colourful business identities who have a proposal for him.

Non-compete clauses have to be 'reasonable' based on all relevant factors...eg, location, availability, industry...etc.

Also no reason why he cant sign a contract that stipulates a future date of employment. Comments by some people here saying he cant sign a contract due to his current contract are baseless and reflect the opinions of lay people to contract law.
This is true, although sometimes early cessation and payout clauses in employment contracts contain contributory conditions. Such clauses usually account for a smaller payout if you find another job, and sometimes they even account for if you have undertaken any action to jeopardise getting another job. This may very well capture agreeing early to start employment a day after the expiry period.

Complete speculation as none of us know what his contract contained, and unless you're drafting elite sports contracts, none of us really know what the industry standard is that informs the 'reasonable' discussion you rightly spoke about earlier. Just pointing out that it's not that cut and dry as the standard restraint of trade/non-compete approach from a legal perspective.

Yeah, but even then it still doesn't work for what Clarko is about imo.

Who know2s, maybe he's been stringing us along the whole time and will jump at the Bombers and suddenly find himself getting handy tips on land rezoning decisions in the north west growth corridor.

If that's what he wants, well, good for him.
Selling your soul ain’t worth it..
bomber-thompson-social.jpg

All I've done today is eat crepes and listen to the Velvet Underground. Too hungover for dim sim recipes.
He's never early he's always late
First thing you learn is you always gotta wait
I'm waiting for my man.

That was hard to watch

This is the best example of classified fabricating a story

Have a look at the top left hand corner you can see this was in the NM game.
Nick Hind had taken a big hit at the time and come of dazed. Classified makes it look like it happened at the Port game on the weekend with there smart ass editing.
I feel for you Ben Rutten you seem to be a genuine good guy you don't deserve this.

Be strong Ben

He's never early he's always late
First thing you learn is you always gotta wait
I'm waiting for my man.

Gonna set us back a bit more than 26 dollars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back