Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarksons.

Alistair to North in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 257 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 75 22.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to be successful you have to demand the best from yourself and others, and you need to go for the best. This guy at this point in time is still the best active coach in football. Just ask him and if he says no then that's fine, but for the love of God, leave no stone unturned.

I wonder if clarko needs Brayshaw to be ceo so we can actively invest money in the footy department?

Would he feel like his hands are tied under amarfio from a resources perspective?
Access to resources would be a prime issue as would the need for a trusting personal relationship with the CEO.

AC will want (and should expect to get) complete control over all aspects of the football department over the next 2 years including getting the budget he requires to fix this mess.

If AC thinks Armifio will constrain him at every turn then AC knows he won't be able to do the job required to fix things.

We need to invest heavily in the FD over the next 2 years just to get things back on track - let alone think about moving out of the bottom 4.

A 4x premiership coach certainly doesn’t interview.

Kennedy told a story about being approached by Collingwood with what he thought was a job offer. When it became apparent he was going to be interviewed, the meeting didn’t last long.

Yes JFK gave the Pies a copy of his inspirational 75 GF speech. " Just do something, don't come off the ground having not done what you could have doo'd.

I've mentioned it previously, but the view that I know first hand, of respected potential applicants (some of which are regularly mentioned in the "who will coach us next year?" thread) is that we are a long way off the rest of the competition in a number of important elements that make a club successful. The areas that I have been told raise eyebrows, which include but are not limited to - High performance (S&C), nutrition, player development, recruiting, leadership across the entire club.

Any coach that takes this job, takes on the job knowing that they are handicapped by these issues until they are addressed.
So we've mucked up pretty much everything. But i agree with Clarko, despite performances we do have plenty to work with.

Clarko would be good and i never thought id say this, but we could do worse than Ross Lyon. Listening to him in the media he's grown on me, seems he's not as defensive minded as we/ i thought he was.

As I recall, Clarko has said that for a club to succeed, the coach, the General Manager of Football, and the Director of Football and the board need to be on the same page. How has this turned into Clarko wanting Amarfio sacked? It's become enshrined as fact when there really doesn't seem to be any basis in evidence that he has any opinion of Amarfio.

"The most critical thing is between board, and particularly the footy director, the footy manager, and senior coach, you've got alignment on where you're going and you've gotta be prepared to ride the bumps."

No mention of the CEO because the CEO really isn't directly involved in football operations as far as Clarko is concerned. So why would he want a CEO sacked? The rumour is idiotic and makes no sense.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mention of the CEO because the CEO really isn't directly involved in football operations as far as Clarko is concerned. So why would he want a CEO sacked? The rumour is idiotic and makes no sense.
Shhhh!

Don't tell Saintlys that!

As I recall, Clarko has said that for a club to succeed, the coach, the General Manager of Football, and the Director of Football and the board need to be on the same page. How has this turned into Clarko wanting Amarfio sacked? It's become enshrined as fact when there really doesn't seem to be any basis in evidence that he has any opinion of Amarfio.

"The most critical thing is between board, and particularly the footy director, the footy manager, and senior coach, you've got alignment on where you're going and you've gotta be prepared to ride the bumps."

IMO the only thing that gives it a shred of plausibility is that Clarko is mates with Mark Brayshaw who was also in line for the position.

IMO the only thing that gives it a shred of plausibility is that Clarko is mates with Mark Brayshaw who was also in line for the position.

Yeah that seems to be the extent of it. Yet Clarko never insisted that the Hawthorn CEO be fired to allow M. Brayshaw to join him there. Perhaps Clarko is one of those rare individuals who is capable of maintaining an adult friendship without demanding that his friend be given a job within the organisation.

Yeah that seems to be the extent of it. Yet Clarko never insisted that the Hawthorn CEO be fired to allow M. Brayshaw to join him there. Perhaps Clarko is one of those rare individuals who is capable of maintaining an adult friendship without demanding that his friend be given a job within the organisation.
You'd like to think so.

And could be very handy to have a close friend outside the organisation who has a wealth of expertise to use as a sounding board.

Let the meltdown commence :D
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back