Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarksons.

Alistair to North in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 257 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 75 22.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused Cbs GIF by Wolf Entertainment

Attended a coterie lunch today and Anthony Stevens was one of the guest speakers along with Darren Crocker and Steve Hooker (Olympic Gold Medallist).

I can confirm that I had a chicken parma/parmi.

No discussion of the Walsh report or Clarko for those playing at home 😉

Strong intel this morning via my daughter who works within an industry with a number of Melbourne based clubs as clients - Clarkson signed with North today. Rumoured to be announced next week possibly Tuesday but if true before the Sydney game. Now I’m not saying this is gospel but the time lines I heard for a possible announcement do match the dates I heard earlier this week. So let’s keep a lid on it and hope this is correct.

You poor bastard

Attended a coterie lunch today and Anthony Stevens was one of the guest speakers along with Darren Crocker and Steve Hooker (Olympic Gold Medallist).

Parma.

Waste of a parma, then ;)

I have no problems with betting agencies getting hammered on this and ex players or whoever making a ton from inside knowledge.

It's just an unusual situation in which using inside information to make a ton of $ is perfectly legal.
They cap your bet so that their maximum exposure (eg the most you can win) is $500

I got some Mail recently that Lyon is a strong chance at GWS which was paying 34-1. But it only accepted a bet of less than $15.

No such thing as "parmi".
Our Kiwi friends will disagree :)

Palmerston North​

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
For the town in New Zealand's South Island, see Palmerston, New Zealand.
Population
(June 2021)[4]
Area
[3]
Government
Palmerston North
Te Papaioea (Māori)
City
Clockwise from top: The Square, Central Business District, All Saints Church, City Library, The Square Clock Tower
Clockwise from top: The Square, Central Business District, All Saints Church, City Library, The Square Clock Tower
Flag of Palmerston North
Flag
Coat of arms of Palmerston North
Coat of arms
Nickname(s):
Palmy
Motto(s):
Palmam Qui Meruit Ferat
(Let him who has earned it, bear the reward)[1][2]
Palmerston North is located in New Zealand
Palmerston North

Palmerston North
Coordinates:
17px-WMA_button2b.png
40°21.3′S 175°36.7′ECoordinates:
17px-WMA_button2b.png
40°21.3′S 175°36.7′E
CountryNew Zealand
IslandNorth Island
RegionManawatū-Whanganui
Borough proclaimed1877
City proclaimed1930
ElectoratesPalmerston North, Rangitīkei; (Māori): Te Tai Hauāuru
MayorGrant Smith
• Deputy MayorAleisha Rutherford
MPTangi Utikere (Labour)
Territorial authorityPalmerston North City Council
• Territorial394.74 km2 (152.41 sq mi)
• Urban
76.92 km2 (29.70 sq mi)
Highest elevation
760 m (2,490 ft)
Lowest elevation
10 m (30 ft)
• Territorial90,500
• Density230/km2 (590/sq mi)
Urban
• Urban density1,100/km2 (2,700/sq mi)
Demonym
Palmerstonian
Time zoneUTC+12 (NZST)
• Summer (DST)UTC+13 (NZDT)
Post codes4410, 4412, 4414, 4471, 4472, 4475, 4810, 4820
Area code(s)06
Local iwiNgāti Rangitāne
Websitewww.pncc.govt.nz
Palmerston North (/ˈpɑːmərstən/; Māori: Te Papa-i-Oea, known colloquially as Palmy)[5] is a city in the North Island of New Zealand and the seat of the Manawatū-Whanganui region. Located in the eastern Manawatu Plains, the city is near the north bank of the Manawatu River, 35 km (22 mi) from the river's mouth, and 12 km (7 mi) from the end of the Manawatu Gorge, about 140 km (87 mi) north of the capital, Wellington. Palmerston North is the country's eighth-largest urban area, with an urban population of 81,500 (June 2021).[4]
The official limits of the city take in rural areas to the south, north-east, north-west and west of the main urban area, extending to the Tararua Ranges; including the town of Ashhurst at the mouth of the Manawatu Gorge, the villages of Bunnythorpe and Longburn in the north and west respectively. The city covers a land area of 395 square kilometres (98,000 acres).[6]
The city's location was once little more than a clearing in a forest and occupied by small communities of Māori, who called it Papa-i-Oea,[7] believed to mean "How beautiful it is".[8] In the mid-19th century, it was settled by Europeans—originally by Scandinavians and, later, British settlers. On foundation, the British settlement was bestowed the name Palmerston, in honour of Viscount Palmerston, a former British Prime Minister. The suffix North was added in 1871 to distinguish the settlement from Palmerston in the South Island. Today, the name is often informally shortened to "Palmy".[9]
Early Palmerston North relied on public works and sawmilling. The west coast railway was built in 1886, linking the town to Wellington, and Palmerston North benefited from a booming pastoral farming industry. Linton Military Camp, Palmerston North Hospital, and the establishment of Massey University (in 1927) have reduced the dependence on farming due to more skilled workers, since the early 20th century. Popular attractions include Te Manawa (a museum and art gallery that includes the New Zealand Rugby Museum),[10] and several performing arts venues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that wink has got me a little interested.

Tell me it's all done, pop the champagne, hit the town etc!

(just make it up if required, everyone else does)

Silliness aside, I'd have a lot more time for that position if new franchises (who genuinely want to become 'clubs') are made to earn their status.

So rather than be given a loaded deck to play with each year, they have to graft as long as it takes to make something of themselves. Sure maybe underwrite them enough to not go under but make them evolve into a football club.

Instead they're treated purely as business entities - pushed front and centre in sponsor advertising ahead of their time and given recruiting advantages over above everyone else. Other than commercial reasons GWS have no right to expect success any quicker than any club who joined the VFL/AFL in history did.

The fact that they and GC were/are fasttracked to do it inside 10-20 years just shows how contrived it is and why they aren't really football clubs.
Great post and reply. Couldn’t agree more. That’s why they are known as plastic franchises. Given ridiculous amount of concessions until they are successful. It stinks.

No discussion of the Walsh report or Clarko for those playing at home

How was the chicken ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So for those wishing to pot me for my earlier intel - I have done some more digging and it has come from one of Clarksons best mates who had dinner with him 2 nights ago. He questioned Clarko on what was happening and was told - “I’ve signed with North”.
This has not got out into the mainstream media as such. Now I’m again not saying it’s 100% gospel but I’d trust the source and again it does match some dates that I’d heard thrown around earlier this week.

Never in doubt , going to the main board to celebrate 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I actually think you'd be a good Mod. You're already a pain in the arse so all you need to work on is your sexual innuendo and voila, you're a mod.
& Chadstone Food Court Appearances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back