Alex Condon (Future Cat B Candidate?)

Remove this Banner Ad

No, he is not. Fall was All-AAC and played NBA.

Zach Edey is another similar example, if you want someone better than Fall
Zach Edey played most games his freshman year with not-insubstantial minutes, so as an example, he would seem to suggest that Rioux will take minutes from Condon, which is the point of this discussion.

Zach Edey played most games his freshman year with not-insubstantial minutes, so as an example, he would seem to suggest that Rioux will take minutes from Condon, which is the point of this discussion.
No, it does not. Trevion Williams & Edey were a clear #1 and #2

Samuel has graduated and Condon is ahead of Handlogten on the depth chart, the latter who will potentially lose minutes to Rioux.

No, it does not. Trevion Williams & Edey were a clear #1 and #2

Samuel has graduated and Condon is ahead of Handlogten on the depth chart, the latter who will potentially lose minutes to Rioux.

Handlogten was ahead of Condon on the depth chart but got injured going into March Madness.

Let's take them both then. I don't do the Cat A and B very well. I'm more a talent guy and I just worry about a bloke who hasn't really played much football in the last 3 years, whereas I can see someone like Farrant reaching untapped talent quite quickly in an AFL environment
Who is Farrant?

I probably have more confidence in a smaller player making it than someone who is so tall. I already knew Parker was a talent but had not heard about Condon. If Condon can mark strongly, then he's already half way there. I'm happy which ever way we go because I just don't know anything about Condon. You have to also take into consideration that a player so tall would have no opposition in the ruck at under 18 level
He was 202 in his under 18 season, so not outrageously tall. He has since shot up to 212, which would make him the tallest player of all time in the AFL.

Handlogten was ahead of Condon on the depth chart but got injured going into March Madness.
He was ahead of him in terms of starting, but Condon played more minutes, especially towards the end of the season. Over Handlogten's last 5 (excluding injury) Condon played significantly more because he can stay out of foul trouble, and is a better big man.

When we took Big Roo Smit in mid-season draft i thought it must have meant Condon was no chance of being there next year, given we already have Steene develping. But it seems there is a chance. Would be pretty handy having a couple of promising giraffes outside the main list. Just hoping for a hit with one or more of them. Condon seems the most likely success story to me if he makes the call soon.

Last edited:
Do we really want what’s best for the kid - Is this a so so NBA player, or, could he be the generational talent to pair with Nick Daicous?

I don’t know much about NBA, I guess the pay packets is huge. Does anyone know what is it like being a reserve player in the NBA who doesn’t quite make it. How attractive is that compared to being an AFL legend.

Do we really want what’s best for the kid - Is this a so so NBA player, or, could he be the generational talent to pair with Nick Daicous?

I don’t know much about NBA, I guess the pay packets is huge. Does anyone know what is it like being a reserve player in the NBA who doesn’t quite make it. How attractive is that compared to being an AFL legend.
Financially, NBA regardless of how good you are. Minimum yearly contracts are over a million USD. Otherwise, I reckon playing in front of 100,000 in a Pies jumper would trump the hell out of the blokes who don't get any court time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so he's going to sign something that says that if he fails to get drafted to the NBA, he'll join our list? Do players get paid a retainer for this?

if you're looking for this guy to join us, dont read this, it might disappoint you. A 216cm white guy is going to find a spot in the NBA

so he's going to sign something that says that if he fails to get drafted to the NBA, he'll join our list? Do players get paid a retainer for this?

if you're looking for this guy to join us, dont read this, it might disappoint you. A 216cm white guy is going to find a spot in the NBA

1) Not sure why you had to bring race in to it, that’s completely irrelevant.

2) He’s 212, not 216cm

3) If it were that cut and dry, he wouldn’t be bothering with signing a cat B contract anyway.

Oh Marky Mark - he's about a cm taller than Mason Cox who is rather white and couldn't get court time for his college team and thus was effectively as far away from the NBA as you and I.

2) He’s 212, not 216cm

3) If it were that cut and dry, he wouldn’t be bothering with signing a cat B contract anyway.
Also this article was from January.

I think its becoming clear, while he could end up a good college player. Just doesn't seem to be at the level an nba prospect would be.

gators also recruited another tall.

The general view is that he'll more likely be on our list officially one way or another. The tone of his manager implies this also.

Also this article was from January.

I think its becoming clear, while he could end up a good college player. Just doesn't seem to be at the level an nba prospect would be.

gators also recruited another tall.

The general view is that he'll more likely be on our list officially one way or another. The tone of his manager implies this also.
Your unreal Jen you have the answers before I can ask the question 99% of the time
Thank Jen your a legend

Oh Marky Mark - he's about a cm taller than Mason Cox who is rather white and couldn't get court time for his college team and thus was effectively as far away from the NBA as you and I.

Thats a good point, but I dont think he really gave it a go. He was a soccer player and then did some assistance to the women basketballers.

But the colour of the skin isnt everything but it certainly helps in US cities with a predominantly white fan base.

2) He’s 212, not 216cm

Honestly apey, I like being realistic and it is relevant in predominantly white cities with a similar fanbase. Things are changing...a decade or so ago I would have said that a black college quarterback had to be exceptional to make it in the NFL.

Thats a good point, but I dont think he really gave it a go. He was a soccer player and then did some assistance to the women basketballers.

But the colour of the skin isnt everything but it certainly helps in US cities with a predominantly white fan base.
I and several others responded to this from you a while back. If you could read back through the thread, you'll see those responses. Perhaps read them rather than going through it again.

Honestly apey, I like being realistic and it is relevant in predominantly white cities with a similar fanbase. Things are changing...a decade or so ago I would have said that a black college quarterback had to be exceptional to make it in the NFL.
It is absolutely not relevant, and you’re not being realistic. Do you think that Dallas fans care that there’s only 1 white player in their starting lineup? Do you think any NBA team will overlook a superior player and potentially compromise their lineup just because there’s a 7ft tall white boy available?

Stop being ridiculous.

It is absolutely not relevant, and you’re not being realistic. Do you think that Dallas fans care that there’s only 1 white player in their starting lineup? Do you think any NBA team will overlook a superior player and potentially compromise their lineup just because there’s a 7ft tall white boy available?

Stop being ridiculous.

was that last sentence a supporting argument? At any rate, I was stating my opinion, not starting a discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back