Alex Condon (Future Cat B Candidate?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Condon is now part of a pre-Olympics camp with the Boomers Being on the fringe of this level might make it harder for us to lure him early.

Condon is now part of a pre-Olympics camp with the Boomers Being on the fringe of this level might make it harder for us to lure him early.
Tom Wilson was on the fringe of that level too when we signed him. Fringe Boomer level is still below NBA level.

the boomers team he's currently playing on is not the legit boomers squad. they're just playing 2 friendlies in japan and its mostly a youth team with a few mature nbl players.

Starting for Kansas a freshman is a pretty big deal. Furphy's shooting ability at 6'9" is what so many NBA teams are looking for in bench players.

Even Rocco Zikarsky (17 year-old teenage giant) shows the difference in hype around NBA-destined prospects vs college-destined ones.

Three dudes from France drafted in the top 6? What’s going on?!
I just want to know where Johnny gets selected tbh, I couldn’t care less about anything else 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing about the draft and how not only are you competing against other college basketball players, but also international players; would make trying to get into the NBA even thougher I imagine.

and Even IF Drafted overseas they can leave players overseas

What do you mean? If you are an international basketballer and get drafted to nba- assume you would then move to the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nba teams can draft players but then “loan” them back to teams. Luke travers was deafted to cleveland with the last pick of the draft a few years ago but stayed in perth for a year. He never even made it to cleveland as he was cut a year later.

Nba teams can draft players but then “loan” them back to teams. Luke travers was deafted to cleveland with the last pick of the draft a few years ago but stayed in perth for a year. He never even made it to cleveland as he was cut a year later.

Typically reserved for the more speculative players - Condon seems to be interested in more of a guarantee from what I’ve heard.

Not too many multi-year college players get stashed

Wow. Brutal. Imagine waiting so long to get drafted and that happens.
So basically it’s a long shot to even stay on an nba list unless you get drafted in the first round.

What do you mean? If you are an international basketballer and get drafted to nba- assume you would then move to the US

Only IF the NBA Teams wants them too

They call it Stashing a Player overseas

Wow. Brutal. Imagine waiting so long to get drafted and that happens.
So basically it’s a long shot to even stay on an nba list unless you get drafted in the first round.

There's only 15 spots on a teams roster. They're drafting the rights to these guys rather than adding them to the list like what happens in the AFL. Lots of second round picks never actually get on a list. The first round gets an NBA contract. The second round has to negotiate. A few will be added to the roster. Others will be half added - contracted to switch between NBA and the level below and some will stay where they're playing and unless they improve never make a roster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex Condon (Future Cat B Candidate?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back