All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2020 we weren't going to beat Geelong or Brisbane at the GABBA in the GF. I was confident of that, but it was a great chance.

In 2021 we were zero chance v Melb, but we should've at least got there.

In 2023 we were just never in the running, making it past a prelim was never happening.

This year has opened up, and we absolutely can get there and go all the way. No one holds any fears. Geelong would need to lose to WC at home to give us any chance of playing an away final V Brisbane, and I'd still hate to face the Lions at all, but really we're looking at
games against Sydney, GWS maybe Geelong away, and likely a non-Vic GF at the G. Things have opened up like never before. Not sure if we can convert it. But Sheesh, it's there for the taking.

Honestly the Hawks are probably the scariest proposition, especially if you copped them on GF day at the G.

These "games we can't win" aren't really games we can't win though. We could have beaten all of these teams, we just need a team that shows up and plays to it's potential on GF day.

With a Jack Cahillesque coach, we could and would have won flags from any of these positions. If we had a genuine September swagger about us, even 2021 Melbourne would have been worried about us on GF day. Our best football is good enough.

Despite my feelings about Ken, I'm all in on wanting us to win a flag. I think this team is tough enough to do it, last night's win was one that wins finals. At the end of the day, that's all everyone wants no matter who coaches the club.

I think this is Ken's best chance to win a flag. There is no standout team in the comp and we're playing our best footy when it matters most. Now it's time to see his team do it in the finals, and I hope they can. I don't want to hear how scary finals are from him; instead, embrace the opportunity and play with no fear.

I finally went to a game last night and enjoyed every minute of it. One of the most enjoyable games I've been to. The outrage over Houston's bump is funny to me. It was a footballing act and one that used to be commonplace. I thought what Thilthorpe did to Jones was a lot worse but Lachie wasn't knocked out so it gets glossed over.

sigh-unzips.gif

There’s no such thing as a Bradbury year.

Fair enough. Bradbury fully earned his way to the “grand final” where he was by no means the top contender. Then a single moment of luck happened. That’s ok. That’s life.

That said the Dogs’ 2016 is the nearest example I can think of. A lot of things had to fall over in five consecutive weeks, for five sides, for the umpiring largesse granted to the Dogs to actually matter. The Dogs earned it, had luck, and had… “help”.

As for OP, if we could play Sydney twice then I’d believe ;) Can’t see us getting a 2016-esque ride all the way to a GF with Sydney. Can’t see us past GWS or Brisbane away, and we’re no better than 50/50 v them at home either. Maybe we do play the MCG better but we have to bloody well get there first don’t we, and that failure is basically the subject of half the posts on this board for the last five years. W1 Port v GWS is locked in with only the venue to be decided. So we’ve earned a chance at redemption, that’s the minor season job done, but we’ve been here before and before.

Players and coaches, redeem yourselves with the fans.

I will not take our chances seriously until we win a prelim, then it’s 50/50 - or better if Sydney awaits. And if we lose a prelim or a semifinal, then long overdue change at the top will finally happen, surely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All this positivity, this is Port bf?
Or did I make a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

Most people here would concur there’s never been anything wrong with the list and resources at our disposal — despite the endless propaganda churned out internally and externally to convince us otherwise.

The question mark has always been on the geniuses overseeing the operation, and whether they can prepare, inspire, deploy and move the magnets around to a sufficient standard so as we don’t get clowned when the whips are cracking.

All this positivity, this is Port bf?
Or did I make a wrong turn at Albuquerque.
So it all started when Warren Tredrea mentioned the "untenable" word, and got elected on the back of it, which has given a voice to the "white noise".

Then finally Kenny hasn't been using the "scary" word, and less talking up of the opposition.

Then the players played tough football for a few games.

So rather than being sucked in with tough football for one late-season game like in the past, then immediately reverting to Kenny-scared-football, we have strung a few games together in a fashion that offers hope for success, and that supporters can get on-board with.

Rather than being anti the club by criticising Kenny, then called out for not supporting the club, which I found rather simple-minded, I can see that he, or the coaching team in general, have changed their attitude and are now playing in a way that could lead to a GF.

To criticise Kenny does not mean I don't support the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most people here would concur there’s never been anything wrong with the list and resources at our disposal — despite the endless propaganda churned out internally and externally to convince us otherwise.

The question mark has always been on the geniuses overseeing the operation, and whether they can prepare, inspire, deploy and move the magnets around to a sufficient standard so as we don’t get clowned when the whips are cracking.
All good and well but that’s no excuse for the continues bashing of everything to do with the club from many on this board.
The all about me being hurt in the past and have we lost yet mentally on BF is a carbon copy of the loser mentality shown by our coach.
You can’t call out someone else if you’re exactly the same yourself.
As a supporter venting anger towards the board and the coach is fair game considering what has happened over the last 12 years.
This has nothing to do with the Pi$$ weak bandwagon mob we have on here who are negative towards anything and then have the Gaul to jump aboard soon as we start winning games.
Port Adelaide don’t need people like that, never have and never will.
PS This is in no way directed towards yourself.

I wanna see boak get his moment he stood by us and this club when it was all doom and gloom he was loyal to us and told Geelong to jam it !
He’s a great clubman, not the most brilliant but always try’s his best.
Possibly should have finished up last year but showed real fight last night in a tight game.
As I’ve said before it would be good if we could find a role for him after he retires.

Hinkley stuff aside, he’s only one man and this team and this club are far bigger than just one individual.

My love and passion for this club far outweigh my disdain for one particular individual, so with that in mind: it’s been 20 years since our last flag, I’d love for Boak to win one before he retires, I’d love to have the peace of mind that the likes of JHF, Rozee, Butters etc. won’t ever go their whole careers with us without a flag, and lastly I’d love to finally draw level on AFL premierships with that mob we beat last night and have finished above seven years in a row now to really have something to show for our dominance and superiority over them.

If that means I have to put up with the smugness of Hinkley, Koch, Kane, Whateley, Rucci and thousands of happy clappers telling me that I was wrong all along for the last 12 years and that I have no right to enjoy or celebrate a premiership, then I think I can live with that.

Last night I was jumping out of my seat at the ground celebrating our goals like a madman. Haven’t done that for a while.

I’m fully on board the Port Express.
I was like this against Melbourne at the MCG.
It was weird, haven't acted like that at a Port game for years. In the past we'd lose these games and don't often take advantage of huge opportunities on a platter, so the fact we have so far is worth jumping up and down about.

All good and well but that’s no excuse for the continues bashing of everything to do with the club from many on this board.
The all about me being hurt in the past and have we lost yet mentally on BF is a carbon copy of the loser mentality shown by our coach.
You can’t call out someone else if you’re exactly the same yourself.
As a supporter venting anger towards the board and the coach is fair game considering what has happened over the last 12 years.
This has nothing to do with the Pi$$ weak bandwagon mob we have on here who are negative towards anything and then have the Gaul to jump aboard soon as we start winning games.
Port Adelaide don’t need people like that, never have and never will.
PS This is in no way directed towards yourself.
Asterix?

I think people have completely lost hope at the chance to get rid of Ken and get a new coach in next year so at this point why not be positive?
The way the competition has been panning out it’s almost helped him keep his job.
What you’re stating is fair enough.
My point is directed at a completely different group of posters.
Im only saying what everyone knows in here but won’t say themselves.
That’s life, the main thing is we keep winning.

Remove this Banner Ad

All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back