All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Jason Sudeikis Good Luck GIF by Apple TV+

Season 8 Hope GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

anne hathaway hope GIF

Was nearly impossible with Houston without its not going to happen even though I don't like his lack of speed and athleticism.

Our coach is ken hinkley , never forgot this bloke is scared of his own shadow and thinks "finals are scary"

All good and well but that’s no excuse for the continues bashing of everything to do with the club from many on this board.
The all about me being hurt in the past and have we lost yet mentally on BF is a carbon copy of the loser mentality shown by our coach.
You can’t call out someone else if you’re exactly the same yourself.
As a supporter venting anger towards the board and the coach is fair game considering what has happened over the last 12 years.
This has nothing to do with the Pi$$ weak bandwagon mob we have on here who are negative towards anything and then have the Gaul to jump aboard soon as we start winning games.
Port Adelaide don’t need people like that, never have and never will.
PS This is in no way directed towards yourself.
I disagree.

As fans of our club we have little say in direction and rely on those who do to make the right calls.
Its fairly obvious that there was something wrong as the same list that got pantsed 2 months ago is the same one doing the pantsing now.
Moves like Rat forward have helped turn us around, it was obvious from the get go but took 3 months to be implemented.

People are passionate about their footy. For some it takes sacrifice to invest time and money in the club and they want that returned in effort on field and by those at the wheel making the right decisions.

Get it right and they'll go along for the ride, get it wrong and you can be sure they'll ask the hard questions.

I personally wouldnt expect anything less from a club built on tradition from professionalism.

Clearly our optimal path to the flag (taking into account our penchant for losing to teams we have beaten previously):
  • Lose to Sydney away
  • Beat Brisbane at home
  • Beat GWS away
  • Regain Houston for the Big Dance
  • Beat the Swans at the G

Do we have a better squad in terms of talent and structure than 2014 2020 and 2021? I think yes, moreso we now have a generational talent that can walk us to a flag the same way danger/dusty/daicos has in JHF. We never had that in the other prelims, yeah wingard and an aging gray but i dont think they had as high impact consistently during games as JHF. The question is can Jason do it in finals intensity games

I disagree.

As fans of our club we have little say in direction and rely on those who do to make the right calls.
Its fairly obvious that there was something wrong as the same list that got pantsed 2 months ago is the same one doing the pantsing now.
Moves like Rat forward have helped turn us around, it was obvious from the get go but took 3 months to be implemented.

People are passionate about their footy. For some it takes sacrifice to invest time and money in the club and they want that returned in effort on field and by those at the wheel making the right decisions.

Get it right and they'll go along for the ride, get it wrong and you can be sure they'll ask the hard questions.

I personally wouldnt expect anything less from a club built on tradition from professionalism.

I’ll make it crystal clear.
I’m not taking about real supporters I’m talking about Bandwagon supporters that we have on this forum.
You understand now?

Last edited:
I’ll make it crystal clear.
I’m not taking about real supporters I’m talking about Bandwagon supporters that we have on this forum.
You understand now?
And who decides who's a real supporter and how to support?
You, lol.

The only people making excuses are the mediocrity accepting happy clappers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I tuned into “Crunchtime” this morning and we didn’t rate a mention for the first 30 min. They went on and on about how finals will be determined by individual stars, using Nick Daicos, Brent Daniels and Jesse Hogan’s games yesterday as examples of big game performances. No Butters. No JHF. The longer we stay off the experts’ radar, the more likely we are to win the bloody thing.
I agree, our lowly ranking might actually be our greatest asset. Although it will also allow our opponents to come in with very high confidence when playing us.

No fan needs to be shamed or feel bad at all for being on board. We've always been on board and only ever wanted the best, this club has built its foundations on accountability, it's what's gotten us to the national stage. Win us a flag and we'll shut our gummy traps.

And who decides who's a real supporter and how to support?
You, lol.

The only people making excuses are the mediocrity accepting happy clappers.
Real supporters don’t slam every single thing to do with the club over and over again.
If you can’t see that on hear your either blind or one of them.

There’s definitely been an improvement from the team but there has also been a massive drop off from clubs above us at the time.
Sort of half and half.
Yes been a weird season and everyone keeps shitting the bed in different moments, no doubt helped us.

Real supporters don’t slam every single thing to do with the club over and over again.
If you can’t see that on hear your either blind or one of them.
How many supporters of other clubs have sat through a record period of non action to change?
The extreme response isnt without reason in this instance.

The last time St Kilda won a flag
1 Ross Lyons wasn’t born
2 Color tv was 9 years away
3 Decimal Currency came in.
Lol, Kens reign is an AFL record for games coached without a GF appearance, St Kilda have played in 3 in the last 15yrs.
You've got to make them for a chance to win them.
St Kilda under Ross Lyon have, let that sink in.

I tuned into “Crunchtime” this morning and we didn’t rate a mention for the first 30 min. They went on and on about how finals will be determined by individual stars, using Nick Daicos, Brent Daniels and Jesse Hogan’s games yesterday as examples of big game performances. No Butters. No JHF. The longer we stay off the experts’ radar, the more likely we are to win the bloody thing.
In 2004 in the entire media coverage leading up to the GF, there was one single media person that gave us a chance of winning it, just one (don’t remember who).

Remove this Banner Ad

All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back