Mega Thread All Australian Watch: 2011 Cont'd...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: All Australian Watch: 2011

Jack Riewoldt has done next to nothing this year. Would be very surprised if he makes it.

Yep, #2 for total goals in the whole competition (probably will be back on top after tomorrow), top 6 for goal assists in the whole competition (probably top 5 after tomorrow). He's really "done nothing". If he didn't get knocked out in the St Kilda game his disposals on average, marks on average, etc would be similar to that of last year as well considering they have been distorted a bit. That's some crazy standard he's held to. I admit, he's been down on form a little and is mistiming his marks here and there but our structure has changed. He's probably not going to be kicking 10 goals again, he's the inside 50 target much less than last year but going he's still contributing very well.

No matter how much you kick your feet and try to put down Jack in every single thread possible, it will make zero difference in how they select the side at the end of the year. I wouldn't say he's a lock right now but he's definitely in the picture. I don't know how you can say otherwise. If he picks up his form a little, he will be a lock no question. There's nothing you can do about it I'm afraid (no matter how much you whinge and moan about him). Also very odd to say you'd be "very surprised" if he makes the team. There's still months left in the season to be making any sort of calls like that besides the select few. Only KPF "lock" at the moment is probably Franklin. Anything can happen. Few bad weeks for a couple, few good weeks for a couple, etc.

Yep, #2 for total goals in the whole competition (probably will be back on top after tomorrow), top 6 for goal assists in the whole competition (probably top 5 after tomorrow). He's really "done nothing". If he didn't get knocked out in the St Kilda game his disposals on average, marks on average, etc would be similar to that of last year as well considering they have been distorted a bit. That's some crazy standard he's held to. I admit, he's been down on form a little and is mistiming his marks here and there but our structure has changed. He's probably not going to be kicking 10 goals again, he's the inside 50 target much less than last year but going he's still contributing very well.

No matter how much you kick your feet and try to put down Jack in every single thread possible, it will make zero difference in how they select the side at the end of the year. I wouldn't say he's a lock right now but he's definitely in the picture. I don't know how you can say otherwise. If he picks up his form a little, he will be a lock no question. There's nothing you can do about it I'm afraid (no matter how much you whinge and moan about him). Also very odd to say you'd be "very surprised" if he makes the team. There's still months left in the season to be making any sort of calls like that besides the select few. Only KPF "lock" at the moment is probably Franklin. Anything can happen. Few bad weeks for a couple, few good weeks for a couple, etc.

I like Jack Riewoldt, but statistics aside, he just hasn't influenced games the way he should be. A lot of cheap goals and junk time goals have juiced up his stats.

Buddy is a lock in the KPF and then both Cloke & Kennedy have been better than Jack so far imo.

I think Jack will win the Coleman medal, and good on him. But he needs to assert his influence more on games, as the other three I mentioned have done.

Right now, if I could have one of Cloke, Riewoldt & Kennedy playing at Hawthorn alongside Buddy, it would probably be Riewoldt on pure talent alone. But the other two blokes are playing better football this year.

Goodes shit. Bolton quiet. O'Keefe excellent and probably squad worthy now.

Martin was excellent for the tigers. Riewoldt once again hard to mark but didn't have much of an influence. Grundy and Richards had good games. Cotchin and Deledio were fine.

Ablett and Mitchell probably the big movers this week. Happy to let Watson remain in the team while he is injured but now that he is back he'll need to return to his early form, otherwise he'll just become a borderline selection in a few weeks. But he is probably already that for a few others.

Ablett and Mitchell probably the big movers this week. Happy to let Watson remain in the team while he is injured but now that he is back he'll need to return to his early form, otherwise he'll just become a borderline selection in a few weeks. But he is probably already that for a few others.

Hehe. Mitch could keep racking up 38 touches every week and still not get an AA spot. I don't know what the selectors have against him :confused:

Dare i say it but...

...Andrew Walker is in some very, very good form this year. 11 goals in his last 2 matches as well. Squad material worthy IMO.

Dare i say it but...

...Andrew Walker is in some very, very good form this year. 11 goals in his last 2 matches as well. Squad material worthy IMO.

4th for goals in the league. 5, 6, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 4 goals in his last 8 games. Excellent return for a medium-tall forward.

Has kicked 2 goals or more in 9 of 11 games. 4 or more in 4 games. Has surpassed Garlett for mine who's still kicking goals but has been a bit sloppy at times.

Murphy had another brilliant game with 28 touches and 2 goals. Spent the majority of the second half playing up forward - probably to lessen his load once the game was beyond doubt.

Judd was his usual self, with 31 possessions.

Jamison's first three quarters were brilliant, keeping Brown to 3 touches and 1 goal in 3 quarters. Was subbed off in the last to give Bower a run but with Merrett injured and Gibson putting in a stinker, he'd have to be leading the pack for the FB position.

Dare i say it but...

More amazing is his kicking.

Today he kicked 5 goals, 0 behinds.

Last week he kicked 6 goals, 0 behinds.

Both games had a few set shots from tough angles, and in both games he kicked at least 1 goal from outside 50.

In an age where recruiters look for all the qualities in forwards, except their kicking for goal, Walker is bucking the trend.:thumbsu:

EDIT: not since the great Fev have I seen such clinical kicking for goal. P.S. I still love ya Fev.

4th for goals in the league. 5, 6, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 4 goals in his last 8 games. Excellent return for a medium-tall forward.

Has kicked 2 goals or more in 9 of 11 games. 4 or more in 4 games. Has surpassed Garlett for mine who's still kicking goals but has been a bit sloppy at times.

Murphy had another brilliant game with 28 touches and 2 goals. Spent the majority of the second half playing up forward - probably to lessen his load once the game was beyond doubt.

Judd was his usual self, with 31 possessions.

Jamison's first three quarters were brilliant, keeping Brown to 3 touches and 1 goal in 3 quarters. Was subbed off in the last to give Bower a run but with Merrett injured and Gibson putting in a stinker, he'd have to be leading the pack for the FB position.

It's crazy how many potential AA's we have atm.

FB - Jamison (key position)
HB - Scotland (flank)
Foll - Judd
Mid - Murphy
HF - Walker (flank)
FF - Garlett (pocket)

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

That's one at every line!

HB - Scotland (flank)
Foll - Judd
Mid - Murphy
HF - Walker (flank)
FF - Garlett (pocket)

The three guys bolded are locks imo. The other blokes are 50/50 at best.

The three guys bolded are locks imo. The other blokes are 50/50 at best.

If money was on it:

• Scotland probably won't because he's not playing in the backline as much. His stats have been AA for backline, but nowhere close as a midfielder.
  • Garlett will finish the year as the best Forward Pocket. It just depends on whether the selection committee decide to give him a go when they can squeeze more mids (who are probably more deserving overall)
  • If Walker maintains anything near his current form, he'll make it. He's a smokie bet for the coleman, even though he'll have probably half the shots of some of the other contenders!

. But in fairness I did say "potential".

Yeah i reckon Blues may have the most All Australians this year.

Murphy, Judd and Jamo are locked, Walker very likely and to a lesser extent Garlett and Scotland who I would say are about 40% chance at the moment

HB - Scotland (flank)
Foll - Judd
Mid - Murphy
HF - Walker (flank)
FF - Garlett (pocket)

Helps when you have just played games vs Port and Brisbane though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walker is playing well, but keep in mind 15 of 30 goals for the season have been kicked against Port, Suns and Lions. Not a squad chance at this stage for mine.

Still Geelong and Collingwood most likely for the most AA's.

I'd definitely have Selwood, Kelly and Scarlett in the team atm. Johnson probably. Bartel squad, with guys like Enright, Corey, Chapman etc. all capable of making it with a very good second half of the year.

For the Pies, Shaw, Pendlebury and Thomas in the team. Cloke probably. Reid, Swan also capable. Swan obviously.

Murphy, Judd and Jamison locks for me. Scotland squad. Walker/Garlett borderline.

So I guess Geelong look the most likely at this stage of having the most AA's. Too many big name stars.

McPharlin a clear lock. Jamison in the chasing pack with 5 other key defenders at least.

why would jamison be in a chasing pack behind mcpharlin when they play different positions? Mcpharlin has been the best CHB and Jamo the best FB at this point in the season, both are in the side thus far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back