All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report this morning was Cole was happy with WWE and is in process of working out a new deal.

Have to laugh when a lot of people critical about Balor being taken out for Cena at SS and then there’s suggestions the same thing might happen with the Christian and Hangman situation but that would be cool and acceptable?

-- Adam Cole's contractual situation has been in the news lately with the surprising news that his original long-term contract with WWE expiring and that he was working through SummerSlam under some sort of agreement. Fightfulselect.com reports that when WWE realized that Cole's deal had expired, they quickly worked to gain a verbal agreement with him to continue working and then shortly after that, came to an actual agreement on a short-term contract that was signed by both parties. It will keep Cole with WWE through at least SummerSlam weekend and according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the two sides are reportedly negotiating a new contract and the relationship between Cole and the company remains positive

Report this morning was Cole was happy with WWE and is in process of working out a new deal.

Have to laugh when a lot of people critical about Balor being taken out for Cena at SS and then there’s suggestions the same thing might happen with the Christian and Hangman situation but that would be cool and acceptable?

I think people who watch AEW trust the process and know Hangman will take the belt off of Omega.

Having a segment on the last Dynamite makes it pretty obvious that the Hangman vs Omega storyline is clearly still going.

Is Balor still feuding with Reigns? Or have they stopped it in its tracks. (I’ve given up on SD so I don’t know)

I think people who watch AEW trust the process and know Hangman will take the belt off of Omega.

Having a segment on the last Dynamite makes it pretty obvious that the Hangman vs Omega storyline is clearly still going.

Is Balor still feuding with Reigns? Or have they stopped it in its tracks. (I’ve given up on SD so I don’t know)

The point in case was Balor being used as the filler instead of Cena but it was always going to be Cena and people complained about it but then some are saying it would be perfectly fine for Christian to be placed in the match with Omega but then taken out and Hangman ends up with the match.

It would be basically copying the exact thing that WWE did?

IF they get Cole, Punk and Bryan then surely Khan can put his pen away for a while.

Murphy.

Apparently IMPACT are super keen. Completely random thought, but could he be a new Elite member working both shows leading a long way down the line to the eventual Omega vs Murphy dream match?

I think Balor is now fighting with Corbin. So basically The Prince and the Pauper. The difference between Mark Twain and Vince macMahon is that Twain was thoughtful and creative.

The point in case was Balor being used as the filler instead of Cena but it was always going to be Cena and people complained about it but then some are saying it would be perfectly fine for Christian to be placed in the match with Omega but then taken out and Hangman ends up with the match.

To be fair to Kahn, what is usually advertised very rarely gets changed. So I still see it being Christian Cage vs Omega. So if people are clamouring for Hangman to be suddenly inserted, I have a feeling they will be disappointed. It’s more likely that Hangman might interfere in the match.

Vince changes matches, every time he changes his undies. He offered Balor vs Reigns, before switching back to Cena. In the process has made Balor looking like an idiot for not signing the contract, and will probably end up facing Corbin instead, rather than seek retribution to Cena.

The supposed face acted like a heel, while the heel acted like a big sook. How ever Cena and Reigns will get more bums on seats than Reigns and Balor due to people going for name recognition. All of this to make Roman look strong.

AEW have given us plenty of reason to trust the process with storytelling and long term booking. WWE has not.

The two stories are totally different anyway.

Not copying it at all but I'm unsurprised you're unable to see the difference. Christian will be hanging around after any match he has with Omega too. Not pissing off to make a movie. I don't have a problem with Cena either necessarily. Just the stale as #### gimmick and the use of him.

Hangman will take the title from Omega at the New York show. Things changed a bit for them. I don't like the stop start push of Page much either but I can sort of get it here. His winning the title should not be overshadowed by Punk and or Bryan's debut.

I think at this point, AEW should have a short list of male WWE talent they'd take if they became available, and Wyatt's not on there for me.

One name on the list. Adam Cole, whose contract is set to expire in WWE soon, possibly even already. Another name: Sami Zayn, whose contract is up within the next few months pending time added to the contract due to injury and I suspect might not have been too impressed with a couple of the names cut recently.

add Bronson Reed/Jonah Rock. maybe jake atlas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

add Bronson Reed/Jonah Rock. maybe jake atlas.

At the moment AEW has 73 active male competitors on their roster. They need to be cutting back, not increasing more. When you compare it to Smackdown, which has about 50 on their roster with both male and female performers Their male roster does seem a little excessive.

At the moment AEW has 73 active male competitors on their roster. They need to be cutting back, not increasing more. When you compare it to Smackdown, which has about 50 on their roster with both male and female performers Their male roster does seem a little excessive.
GIVE ME MORE MR KHAN! I want a million people in the upcoming video game.

I have a theory about all these talents being released by WWE with the inevitably that a few of the bigger names are going to go to AEW, Vince wants them to be competition. The theory is Vince is bored with running WWE without legitimate competition, and while he doesn't see AEW as competition right now, he wants it to be. Having bigger names like Bray Wyatt, Ric Flair and Adam Cole along with Bryan Danielson and CM Punk on their way to AEW, will inevitably boost their ratings.

Is it morally right to release these guys in the hope they go to AEW? Nope, but I wouldn't put it past him.

I have a theory about all these talents being released by WWE with the inevitably that a few of the bigger names are going to go to AEW, Vince wants them to be competition. The theory is Vince is bored with running WWE without legitimate competition, and while he doesn't see AEW as competition right now, he wants it to be. Having bigger names like Bray Wyatt, Ric Flair and Adam Cole along with Bryan Danielson and CM Punk on their way to AEW, will inevitably boost their ratings.

Is it morally right to release these guys in the hope they go to AEW? Nope, but I wouldn't put it past him.

This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever read. Vince has worked his whole life to destroy and/or ignore competition.
They sacrificed their C show to try and stop AEW growing and hinder AEWs rating. Now he wants competition coz he is ‘bored’ righto

Vince doesn’t care about AEW because he only cares about his fantasy world which is crumbling around him really.

Smackdown is still the best show going around because it legit has 5 or 6 of the best talent you can get anywhere which holds it up.

Raw is unwatchable.

Some of the roster cuts make zero sense when you have guys like Ryker and Thorne still around....

I think the hardest part for majority of us and fans is we hold on to the attitude era and nothing will ever go back to what it was then. Some of AEWs stuff is as close as you will get to it but still doesn’t hold a candle to it.

This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever read. Vince has worked his whole life to destroy and/or ignore competition.
They sacrificed their C show to try and stop AEW growing and hinder AEWs rating. Now he wants competition coz he is ‘bored’ righto
I didn't say it was true, but it's a fun theory to think about.

I tend to agree but I dunno. Maybe Nick Kahn has floated this to him as a way to possibly reignite interest and buzz in his own company eventually. I find it unlikely but with Vince's weird comments regarding AEW a few weeks back and a few (certainly not all) strange releases I can't rule it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back