All the bull about Hawthorn's easy draw

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I can see lions have benefitted most from the draw and pies have benefitted least.

In relation to finals qualification that is
I would go with Port having a slightly more beneficial draw then Lions, Port played Blues x 2 and no other team in top 8. Lions ended up playing GWS x2
Crows were meant to get looked after in 2024, but looks like they really ended up getting screwed playing Sydney, Port, Cats, Lions, Hawks x 2

Are the numbers above based on where the clubs all finished at the end of 2023, or where they are positioned now in 2024?

Should get both sets of figures anyway to do a comparison actually as to:
  • What the planned fixture difficulty was before Round 1 2024
  • What the actual fixture difficulty ended up being after season 2024 completed (we can only do up to current round now, but could revise after finals).
  • What the planned fixture difficulty was before Round 1 2024
North Melbourne 227
St Kilda 225
Western Bulldogs 223
Gold Coast. 223
West Coast 223
Geelong 220
GWS 220
Essendon 219
Carlton. 218
Port Adelaide 218
Collingwood 217
Richmond 217
Adelaide 215
Melbourne 214
Fremantle 213
Sydney 212
Brisbane 212
Hawthorn 212

• What the actual fixture difficulty ended up being after season 2024 completed (we can only do up to current round now, but could revise after finals).
Port Adelaide 245
Brisbane 238
Hawthorn 233
Geelong 232
West Coast 232
Essendon 227
Gold Coast 226
Sydney 226
Fremantle 221
Carlton 219
Western Bulldogs 216
St Kilda 212
North Melbourne 208
Richmond 205
Collingwood 204
GWS 203
Melbourne 203
Adelaide 183

Easy draw blah blah

When we are back on top again ...umpires blah blah

All outside noise.
Yes, its noise. I don't know why folks get so fussed about it, they can't do anything about it. People like to whinge, I guess. I'm of the school that believes a tough draw improves you and gives you a realistic idea how competitive you really are compared to the best opposition.

The difference in difficulty between fixtures is completely overstated.

You play 17 teams once.

Of the six teams you play twice, a couple of them ended up on the previous year's ladder slightly higher than a cople of others. Whoop-di-do. Teams get better or worse week to week, let alone year to year.

I laugh when we go on about on this place, and when other fans say we will fall next year because of our 'tougher fixture"

Remove this Banner Ad

All the bull about Hawthorn's easy draw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back