• Hugo Garcia

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Saints fans,

Its here, the last game of the year. Such a conflict of emotions.

Always win when you can, esp when it's against this mob, but, a win will cost us 2 spots(pick5 -> pick7)
Possible last games for Battle, Membrey, Dougal and Jones

Carlton-vs-St-Kilda.png

8th v 13th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 24
CARLTON V ST KILDA
SUNDAY AUGUST 25TH 3:20PM AEST (MARVEL)

Screenshot 2024-08-25 002929.png

I'd like to see Paddy Dow finds another gear against his old mob.

Thought long and hard about this one. We should be playing running patterns and training drills all game. This is not a day to throw away both top picks and a better 2025 season draw. At times tough decisions need to be made.

How many times have we backed up a great win this season? Not many. Carlton have literally everything to play for, we have pride only. If we’re even marginally off they’ll nut us, so I’d suggest save yourself the hand wringing. If we beat them it means we’re in great form and things are clicking. Not too worried about 2 spots in the draft.

Draw and Freo win ✅
Saints get better draft picks and points in every round ✅
Saints get easier fixture next season by being bottom 6 ✅
Carlton don't win ✅
Carlton miss finals ✅

It's not loser talk. Loser talk is finishing in "no man's land" and not abusing the system like nearly every premiership team for the last few decades!

Draft pick concessions, academy rorts, COLA caps, funding, drugs, AFL relocating players and staff, throwing and ducking and playing under different rules, etc. Every club "plays the game" off the field.

Take what we can get and screw the system.

I'll be happy with a win, of course. I'll be happiest with the miracle of a draw. We know it won't happen! But anyone thinking that it's not the best outcome needs to wake up.

Wins builds confidence and growth and we would have got a lot of that out of last weeks game, but now is the time to be pragmatic. Even if this isn't Battles last game the best thing for us going forward is the lower ladder position and better draft hand. We don't know if pick 5,6,7,8 or 88 will become the best player from draft but why put ourselves in a worse position just in case. We know where we are as a team internally and externally all that can be really achieved by winning is a bit of false pride over an injury hit team.
If I was RTB I would have Pou and Garcia do run with roles on Cripps and Walsh as just say "Watch and Learn" Put Battle up forward, give Owens a go in defence and have Stocker play more mid minutes. Shuffle the magnets around, try some things because why the hell not.

dude-baseketball.gif

Win or lose, here's a bunch of things I'd like to see from this game:

• Wilson have another great performance that he can build on
  • Pou smash it in midfield and show that the penny truly has dropped for him
  • Owens kick a bag and prove that his tough 2024 is behind him
  • Nas have one final top performance after a few quieter weeks
  • Byrnes use his workrate and determination to prove that he really does deserve a list spot for next year
  • Coops kick a few and show that he's a big part of our future forward line
  • Stocker do a job again in midfield and show that we've got something in him
  • Dow and Clark put dirty seasons behind them by having their best games of the year

If a majority of that happens then it's going to give us a great platform to go into the off-season on, showing that we have a developing core that could really take us somewhere with a bit of luck.

I think you have to say a loss would in reality be the better result. As much as I'd love to see Saints knock Carlton out of the season, potentially dropping two picks down 2 places each....I know people say that 7 and 8 are as good as 5 and 6....but.... they are not.

And probably just as much fun watching Carlton go out in first week of finals.

This is a conflicting one isn't it.
Carlton have so many injuries to key players. In all honesty if we were to play good footy we should really smash them.
Don't look at the WC game last week, they were like witches hats.
I like Munga's idea. Go for the draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day Saints fans,

Its here, the last game of the year. Such a conflict of emotions.

Always win when you can, esp when it's against this mob, but, a win will cost us 2 spots(pick5 -> pick7)

Carlton-vs-St-Kilda.png

8th v 13th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 24
CARLTON V ST KILDA
SUNDAY AUGUST 25TH 3:20PM AEST (MARVEL)

View attachment 2090381
100th game for Butler.

Draw and Freo win ✅
Saints get better draft picks and points in every round ✅
Saints get easier fixture next season by being bottom 6 ✅
Carlton don't win ✅
Carlton miss finals ✅

It's not loser talk. Loser talk is finishing in "no man's land" and not abusing the system like nearly every premiership team for the last few decades!

Draft pick concessions, academy rorts, COLA caps, funding, drugs, AFL relocating players and staff, throwing and ducking and playing under different rules, etc. Every club "plays the game" off the field.

Take what we can get and screw the system.

I'll be happy with a win, of course. I'll be happiest with the miracle of a draw. We know it won't happen! But anyone thinking that it's not the best outcome needs to wake up.
Short memory do you , did you forget when we got Roo as a priority pick 1 and then the next year got pick 1 again because of the blues salary cap stuff netting us Goddard , we just couldn't get the job done when it counted on GF day.

As for finishing in no mans land is being a Loser , at least the teams that finish in no mans land are having a crack and not spitting the dummy out and not even trying , id call them losers.

People whinge and moan that we cant attract free agents and we wont if we deliberately dump games , how about we win this and show that in the last 8 weeks we have beaten 3 of the top 8 teams

Cant believe the amount that want us too lose , FFS haven't you seen us lose enough games over the last 50 years

You might not agree with it, but surely you can see having pick 5 and 6 over 7 and 8 has some value for our long term chances at a flag.

No doubt when the siren starts I'll want us to win, but you can't just discount the facts like they're irrelevant.

So random, how did Doogs get on that list?
Jones and Skunk have done enough for 1 year extensions.
Josh if he is traitoring for $$$ then see ya
Is this your list ?

You might not agree with it, but surely you can see having pick 5 and 6 over 7 and 8 has some value for our long term chances at a flag.

No doubt when the siren starts I'll want us to win, but you can't just discount the facts like they're irrelevant.
Nope , some think I'm negative , maybe so at times , at least I'm not a loser and never want my team to lose
I'm sure the club has several options lined up even if our draft guru's on here don't think so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back